Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Beginning Guide.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LuigiPT said:
I'm trying to access the City (Online) mode but my bar is always stuck at 65% and then I get a error code (11617) I'm thinking this is because my router is only forwarding http and usually I have to open all the ports manually.

Anyone have a suggestion?
I had a friend with this problem. Installing IOS249 rev 19 helped for him.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aaarrrg how the hell do I break the Qurupeco's Flint
mad.gif
I can't find how to do it anywear does anybody know how? or do I basically just smash the living daylights out of it?

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkWay said:
aaarrrg how the hell do I break the Qurupeco's Flint
mad.gif
I can't find how to do it anywear does anybody know how? or do I basically just smash the living daylights out of it?

Yup. That's pretty much it. Try to use traps and make sure to always use your strongest attack, whether it be a charge attack or a combo, right on top of his head when he's sleeping or trapped. When there's a opening just keep attacking his head, try to avoid attacking other places since that will lower his health and give you less time to break his flint. Also, you can try using different weapons. I'm not 100% sure about this, but AFAIK hammers have a easier time when breaking things. If that doesn't help then the only remaining solution would be coming back later with a bigger weapon or trying it online with other people.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(Sorry I'm playing in French, so I don't know the real English names)
I started playing it this weekend, and I'm now at quests ** (level2)

I took the one asking for a mineral at the sand island, and I broke all my "great pick" I had, and couldn't fulfill the quest.
That mineral seems really hard and breaks the great pick too easily
frown.gif

are there any better pick I can build ? Or do I need to stock a lot of pick and pray to fulfill the quest ?

pick > great pick > anything better ?
bone+iron ore > bone+I don't know in English > better ?

I think I'm not as good as you are guys, I only do hack and slash and run ! I don't have any crossbow yet, no trap made.
I won't last long in front of big monster, right ? ^^;
I'm a sword user with a nail jaggi (bone sword lv3).
I'm yet to try the great jaggi quest.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mega pickaxes will last the longest, but you should take iron pickaxes and old ones as well to make sure you won't run out. In the end it's all about luck if a pickaxe will last or not.

UnseenHero said:
Online quest to not finish offline quests
tongue.gif

And hammers are such a pain one swing or two and thts all you get.
frown.gif

Hammers are one of my favorite weapons, besides the fact that I constantly throw my friend around with the supersmash when we're playing online... They don't hit a lot, but nothing keeps standing after a couple of super and triple pounds.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just thought I'd come in and say I took Barroth down
biggrin.gif
it took half an hour but it was fun and I got 1 of the sub quests aswell and I managed with a Bone Axe+ muhaaa.

traps + beat the living crapola out of the beast is a great tactic!
yay.gif

onto Long Swords for me (soon)
biggrin.gif

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
biggrin.gif
it took half an hour but it was fun and I got 1 of the sub quests aswell and I managed with a Bone Axe+ muhaaa.

yay.gif

biggrin.gif
I've only tried once but that thing kicked my butt. After dying once and hardly landing any hits I just quit. Lol

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
supersonic5000 said:
DarkWay said:
biggrin.gif

yay.gif

biggrin.gif
I've only tried once but that thing kicked my butt. After dying once and hardly landing any hits I just quit. Lol

I'm on Gobul now and it HARD AS NAILS I can't beat the fecking thing I've tried 3 times already
frown.gif

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Gobul is pretty easy, i recently killed the Laigicrus and just did the capture mission for it, now im waiting to kill something harder than it

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gobul is the most irritating of the wyverns I've fought so far, paralyzing spikes, body rolls, underwater and fast charges. On land he isn't that bad, just irritating as hell, but underwater he's an incredibly tough opponent. Same goes for R. Ludroth btw. Barroth seemed pretty easy.. though I first fought him three times online before I did the quest offline. Unfortunately I had to restart on the PAL version of the game, since my friend was banned from the US servers for cheating, which he never did. So I decided to take different weapons for a spin. Really loving the switchaxe but the amount of materials needed really sucks without gathering quests like in the PSP versions, especially when you're online and under HR9.

So.. I'm superpounding everything with my hammer until I have the resources for a switchaxe upgrade.

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I could go online! Still with that irritating error 11617 and stopping at 65%. I had already IOS249 v19, but used base IOS 57. Maybe I have to use other base? Or maybe is just a ports problem? Dunno... T.T

Anyway, started yesterday, currently a Great Sword user, using a Jawblade, and just killed the Great Jaggi. On to the capturing quest... offline... T.T

EDIT: Failed the captured quest... Killed the Great Jaggi! >.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hahaha, poor Great Jaggi. Just beated the offline hunting quest within 3 minutes. Took 4 attacks to mound his head and one attack more to stun him.

Already had full Jaggi armor and a Ludroth Bone Hammer from hunting online and doing the first star offline quests.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need materials from Lagiacrus to make my new weapon but I can't get past this freakin Gobul
frown.gif

I've given up for today, played abit of online for awhile finished my Jaggi armour (needed kings frill endded up getting 3
ohmy.gif
) and now I'm aiming for Barroth armour

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
God, this game is hard, especially when you're trying to capture a Qurupeco and all of the sudden a Rathian shows up spitting fire balls in your direction with all her might. >.<

And wow, seems that in the online you can get good gear very fast! Lucky to those people!
tongue.gif

flashermac

Trophies
Website
www.flashermac.netfirms.com
XP
Country
This game is infuriating - I'm trying to keep my language clean here.

Whenever I weaken the giant jaggi, trap it, hit it with trank bombs, it gets free and runs off. I nearly put my foot through the TV, I've been trying to catch that beast for over an hour (today) and I'm almost at the 'never play the game again' stage of abject fury.

RAAAAAGH!

The trank bombs, they do nothing. Do you need to throw them right down his throat?

If I weaken him enough to limp, he limps off and comes back as fresh as a daisy. The traps last for seconds. How do you know when you've captured it?

AAAAAGH! So annoyed!

Cheers,
|fmc|

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flashermac said:
This game is infuriating - I'm trying to keep my language clean here.

Whenever I weaken the giant jaggi, trap it, hit it with trank bombs, it gets free and runs off. I nearly put my foot through the TV, I've been trying to catch that beast for over an hour (today) and I'm almost at the 'never play the game again' stage of abject fury.

RAAAAAGH!

The trank bombs, they do nothing. Do you need to throw them right down his throat?

If I weaken him enough to limp, he limps off and comes back as fresh as a daisy. The traps last for seconds. How do you know when you've captured it?

AAAAAGH! So annoyed!

Cheers,
|fmc|

If you're doing this on the island (not through quest) then it's possible that there are 2 great jaggis. Additionally, you need to catch up to the great jaggi when it's stumbling. If you give it time, it'll heal. Also, you have more than enough time between setting trap and switch inventory to throw the tranqs. If you feel that you don't have enough time, then you're just being way too slow.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
LuigiPT said:
I wish I could go online! Still with that irritating error 11617 and stopping at 65%. I had already IOS249 v19, but used base IOS 57. Maybe I have to use other base? Or maybe is just a ports problem? Dunno... T.T

Anyway, started yesterday, currently a Great Sword user, using a Jawblade, and just killed the Great Jaggi. On to the capturing quest... offline... T.T

EDIT: Failed the captured quest... Killed the Great Jaggi! >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.