Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

D

Deleted User

Sorry about the delay. Nearly finished.

Had a gum infection and ended up having a tooth removed.
#noanaesthetic

So I was in bed yesterday and today...
Should be finished for tomorrow...

Remember, you can browse from ANYWHERE in this... Not stuck to certain set folders...
Not implemented Screenshot... Not sure on remaining stack space yet.

Menu tags incorrect...
Using Hekate 5.0.0 just not updated tui_menu yet.
SXOS and Atmos headings are the wrong way round too...

Just to give you an idea... Really sorry for the delay! I hope people can use Fusee-UF2 & hekate in the meantime... This runs with NO existing SD card dependencies - so empty card in, and you are away (apart from sleep libraries which we need anyway...) Could add to stack and generate... Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Why use this over Hekate?

No reason at all. But you can browse and do stuff with emunand / emummc without nyx

View attachment 172162 View attachment 172161 View attachment 172160 View attachment 172159

owww.. hope you feel better now / soon!
Thanks for the great work.
on those screens i just saw "restore sx os licence"? How can i do this? do i need to put a file somewhere or do i need to hardcode my licence somewhere?

Reactions: mattytrog

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Had a gum infection and ended up having a tooth removed.
#noanaesthetic

NO ANAESTHETIC - You hard B*stard - fook that Sh*t, I bet your neighbours don't give you a hard time - there's no way in a million years a dentist would be pulling out my teeth without an anaesthetic. I once got a filling without one - never again.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
owww.. hope you feel better now / soon!
Thanks for the great work.
on those screens i just saw "restore sx os licence"? How can i do this? do i need to put a file somewhere or do i need to hardcode my licence somewhere?

You just open it with a hex editor and drop it in the space where it says SXOSSXOSSXOS...

NO ANAESTHETIC - You hard B*stard - fook that Sh*t, I bet your neighbours don't give you a hard time - there's no way in a million years a dentist would be pulling out my teeth without an anaesthetic. I once got a filling without one - never again.

Where it was, they couldn`t inject the site. So it was a "See how we go when we try to loosen it" or a general anaesthetic job with a maxillofacial surgeon. They offered me a root canal treatment and said no to removing it.

I said "Look, love. You either remove it or I`m getting it out with pliers as soon as I get back home"

The pain couldn`t have been much worse having it removed, than the infection pain.
:)

Anyway... back on topic!

Will be working on this just to tidy things up and get it out throughout the day.

Redone it from scratch (apart from the text menu entries).

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know. Test version coming in a minute...

Need to know if this is the right way to be going with this...

Refined the browser so it should "just work". Browse / launch payload / ini from anywhere.

Make emummc images and and ini (file-based only) - not sure about the Nintendo folder yet.

SXOS MultiNAND should be working OK.

autoboot payload not baked in yet...

THIS IS ONLY A TEST!!!

Backup anything crucial beforehand...

Really late due to other stuff going on... Mainly health, tooth infection and daughters...

Been really chaotic...

But I WILL finish it...

Anyway... Take a look.

Hekate 5.0.1 upstream changes added...

Hold BOTH VOLUME buttons to override nyx

Remember, this is for chips really...

Will work on nyx later.

Attachments

• switchboot_test.zip
    77.1 KB · Views: 156

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
probably not the right thread to ask but here goes (feel free to move it wherever it is more appropriate)
I'd like to install the sam fusée launcher by Quantom Cross but I also want to add a bluetooth chip inside the switch.
I'd like to pay someone (I can't code for shit) to help me remake the launcher so it includes some modification to control the bluetooth chip with the vol +&- button (press both to send a signal to the button on the bluetooth for pairing/shutdown) and also send a low voltage to the sense pin when the led is solid (meaning a connection was made) and ignore the blinking.

I know JacksonS had a similar setup here with a micro controller but i'd like to have the trinket pull double duty.

is anyone interested? thank you

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
probably not the right thread to ask but here goes (feel free to move it wherever it is more appropriate)
I'd like to install the sam fusée launcher by Quantom Cross but I also want to add a bluetooth chip inside the switch.
I'd like to pay someone (I can't code for shit) to help me remake the launcher so it includes some modification to control the bluetooth chip with the vol +&- button (press both to send a signal to the button on the bluetooth for pairing/shutdown) and also send a low voltage to the sense pin when the led is solid (meaning a connection was made) and ignore the blinking.

I know JacksonS had a similar setup here with a micro controller but i'd like to have the trinket pull double duty.

is anyone interested? thank you
Fusee uf2 has parts of quantum_cross launcher in it. However it has changed a lot over a year.

Can I ask why?

The trinket doesn't have Bluetooth.

Or do you mean the Switch built in Bluetooth?

The only way you could do something like this (I don't think I'm understanding you correctly) is use a separate Bluetooth serial board. Something like the HC-05.

I'm struggling visualising what you are trying to do.

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fusee uf2 has parts of quantum_cross launcher in it. However it has changed a lot over a year.

Can I ask why?

The trinket doesn't have Bluetooth.

Or do you mean the Switch built in Bluetooth?

The only way you could do something like this (I don't think I'm understanding you correctly) is use a separate Bluetooth serial board. Something like the HC-05.

I'm struggling visualising what you are trying to do.

thank you for taking the time to answer.

I'll try to explain more clearly.

first the reason I went with quantum is that is was very basic and small and I no extra function (push payloads and that's it) so it leaves room on the trinket for the ''bluetooth control code''

As for that part, I have a TL-BC5-16 board on hand.
I can easily solder it up to add bluetooth audio to the switch but I have no way of controlling it except if I add another button to the switch outer shell (which I'd rather not).

Here's what I'd like to do, if the trinket is awakened by pin 4 (the pin soldered to the cpu) send the payload as per usual.

If it's awakened by a long press on pin (example) 2 (which would be soldered to volume -) it would send a low voltage via pin 1 to the BC5 to turn it on and send it in pairing mode for the duration of the press (to simulate pressing the BC5 pairing button)

The LED of the BC5 get solid blue when a connection is made, I'd remove the led and hook it up to another pin (example 0) to read it's value and if it get the a solid high voltage send a low value out another pin to the sense pin of the audio jack to make the switch believe that headphones are plugged in and to cut off the speakers.

Of course keep the trinket awakened during playtime and once the volume - is long pressed again simulate the long press of the BC5 button to shut it down and restore the voltage on the sense pin to restore volume to the speakers.

As previously mentioned another user by the name of JacksonS did the same thing with a micro controller here you can have a look at his code.

let me know if you need further clarification and like I said I'd like to pay for your services of course.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you for taking the time to answer.

I'll try to explain more clearly.

first the reason I went with quantum is that is was very basic and small and I no extra function (push payloads and that's it) so it leaves room on the trinket for the ''bluetooth control code''

As for that part, I have a TL-BC5-16 board on hand.
I can easily solder it up to add bluetooth audio to the switch but I have no way of controlling it except if I add another button to the switch outer shell (which I'd rather not).

Here's what I'd like to do, if the trinket is awakened by pin 4 (the pin soldered to the cpu) send the payload as per usual.

If it's awakened by a long press on pin (example) 2 (which would be soldered to volume -) it would send a low voltage via pin 1 to the BC5 to turn it on and send it in pairing mode for the duration of the press (to simulate pressing the BC5 pairing button)

The LED of the BC5 get solid blue when a connection is made, I'd remove the led and hook it up to another pin (example 0) to read it's value and if it get the a solid high voltage send a low value out another pin to the sense pin of the audio jack to make the switch believe that headphones are plugged in and to cut off the speakers.

Of course keep the trinket awakened during playtime and once the volume - is long pressed again simulate the long press of the BC5 button to shut it down and restore the voltage on the sense pin to restore volume to the speakers.

As previously mentioned another user by the name of JacksonS did the same thing with a micro controller here you can have a look at his code.

let me know if you need further clarification and like I said I'd like to pay for your services of course.
No need to pay.

I can add some control code to Fusee uf2 if you like. Just tell me what you want.

Which pins do you want to use?

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need to pay.

I can add some control code to Fusee uf2 if you like. Just tell me what you want.

Which pins do you want to use?

I appreciate it but still shoot me your paypal when this is done =)

so i'll be using the new method with the RCM strap but no volume + button with Hekate 5

the pins would be according to the adafruit pinout diagram

pin_3: joycon strap

pin_2: USB disconnect

pin_4: read: Volume -

pin_1: send low voltage when Volume - is pressed

pin_0: read: Led_in (read the voltage of the led pad on the BC5)

pin_13: send digital low signal when pin_0 reads high (I'll be removing the led for that purpose)

like previously explained I'd like it to also fall asleep when not in use to reduce current draw and to awaken when Volume - is pressed and stay awake if the pin_0 reads high

thank you again

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Matty i know your busy helping another user, but i am a tad confused by the instructions on the first page.

Previously you had it that setup that if 'payload.bin' wasn't found on the SD card root, then it would launch to your customised hekate bootloader which was ran from the flashed trinket.

Now with the latest release, if there's no SD card present, then i now get an error and unable to boot past it.
How do i get back what you had many months ago as, for me, that perfect! (and i would have thought most users)

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Matty i know your busy helping another user, but i am a tad confused by the instructions on the first page.

Previously you had it that setup that if 'payload.bin' wasn't found on the SD card root, then it would launch to your customised hekate bootloader which was ran from the flashed trinket.

Now with the latest release, if there's no SD card present, then i now get an error and unable to boot past it.
How do i get back what you had many months ago as, for me, that perfect! (and i would have thought most users)

Its because Fusee-UF2 is on there looking for a payload.

Can you drag and drop Switchboot 1.3.6 on there?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, when do you think the new version for the chip will come with the new Hekate release?
Thank you and best regards[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling big changes were afoot. Thats why I haven`t released for in what seems to be a long time.

The last thing I want to do is cause further fractures...

Hekate is king...

Switchboot is just a subordinate mod of Hekate. Therefore, I have to follow the main branch.

And the nyx API is simply superb... A running start indeed!

However... Due to space constricts, The "classic" version will be the one that will be flashed to modchips (not including nyx).

Remember we are still dealing with a 126296b stack. Nyx is loaded elsewhere... So nutshell time...

1) If using Fusee-UF2, you can use Switchboot or the new Hekate / nyx as you probably know...

2) If not using Fusee-UF2, the simple "TUI" version (classic) will be the version that gets flashed to chips... Not possible at this time to launch nyx & all assets etc from chip. So you will need the "nyx" file which I will customize in due course with my extra stuff...

Don't think he is planning to as he said it is space constriction.

Last edited by Hayato213,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a test version a few posts ago.

I have been in two minds if to bother or not. Does anyone use the bits I bolt on?

Like I say, I follow what is already out there. No point reinventing the wheel.

The test version I made (wasn`t in UF2 form) was just to see if anyone would use it.

HOWEVER...

I`ll do a new version this evening... If people want it.

Will iron out a few bugs and get something pushed.

I thought it was obsolete now nyx was out...

Reactions: peteruk

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

I have been in two minds if to bother or not. Does anyone use the bits I bolt on?

Like I say, I follow what is already out there. No point reinventing the wheel.

The test version I made (wasn`t in UF2 form) was just to see if anyone would use it.

HOWEVER...

I`ll do a new version this evening... If people want it.

Will iron out a few bugs and get something pushed.

I thought it was obsolete now nyx was out...

I use the bits and bobs you add on - some of those 'bits and bobs' are very useful - thanks for keeping the thread going and continued upgrades/code mods.

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Its because Fusee-UF2 is on there looking for a payload.

Can you drag and drop Switchboot 1.3.6 on there?
Ah i now understand the first page better. works perfectly. Silly me!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have personally used on a number of friends switches bits of it so certainly like it.
I would however prefer to loose the select back up folder etc etc, and just keep the standard hekate backup structure.
other than that its perfect for me!

Last edited by metaljay,
Reactions: mattytrog
D

Deleted User

Trying to update my trinket. What would cause it to not appear in windows when double pressing the reset button, and than plugging the switch into a PC?

My laptop keeps setting up the device as "Nintendo Switch"

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-