Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog thanx for your answer

Do you know what could be my problem to get the modchip to bootloader mode?
What is wrong in my steps ?

i boot to Horizon OS CFW and in home screen i double press reset button on trinket after some short time purple and red static led, the red + green LED will flash about 8 times but i dont see any additional drive letter (or any new partition in drive managment) in windows if i connect the usb cable to pc after double press reset

tried to press reset in sleep mode too from horizon os and then connect the cable but it does not work too :-(

do i have to have the joycons connected for the procedure ? here it does not work with or without ...
You need to use SAMD21 update mode. If you cannot access, send latest Switchboot.bin using tegraRCMsmash and select "Reboot - SAMD21 update".

To everyone else: Simplified things ALOT.

Take a look in OP. See if its better

Reactions: FunThomas

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need to use SAMD21 update mode. If you cannot access, send latest Switchboot.bin using tegraRCMsmash and select "Reboot - SAMD21 update".

When i select "Reboot - SAMD21 update"
i get

Please wait

Error (1) creating file
bootloader/payloads/Samd21_Update.

Success. Written 928 bytes
Twice press [RESET] on your chip
and connect to USB.

Hold [PWR] for 12 seconds when you
have finished updating UF2 files.

Press [Power] to enter update mode.

The bold text in spoiler is RED coloured. Is it a fault or is it ok ?
When i press [Power] short like in last line i get back to switchboot menu -> does it enter update mode ?

Edit:

When i run the menu item the second time "Reboot - SAMD21 update" it says "dummy payload exists!" so it seems to not be a error
if i then press [Power] it gets a black screen and i think i should now double press reset on the trinket ?
But no drive letter appears here :-(

What colour should be the leds from trinket and should it flashing or be stable light?

Am i right that all the time the switch stays connected to pc in the full procedure ?

It would be good if [PWR] and [Power] if it is the same meaning it would be called the same identifier ;-)

Last edited by FunThomas,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When i select "Reboot - SAMD21 update"
i get

Please wait

Error (1) creating file
bootloader/payloads/Samd21_Update.

Success. Written 928 bytes
Twice press [RESET] on your chip
and connect to USB.

Hold [PWR] for 12 seconds when you
have finished updating UF2 files.

Press [Power] to enter update mode.

The bold text in spoiler is RED coloured. Is it a fault or is it ok ?
When i press [Power] short like in last line i get back to switchboot menu -> does it enter update mode ?

Edit:

When i run the menu item the second time "Reboot - SAMD21 update" it says "dummy payload exists!" so it seems to not be a error
if i then press [Power] it gets a black screen and i think i should now double press reset on the trinket ?
But no drive letter appears here :-(

What colour should be the leds from trinket and should it flashing or be stable light?

Am i right that all the time the switch stays connected to pc in the full procedure ?

It would be good if [PWR] and [Power] if it is the same meaning it would be called the same identifier ;-)

check the SAMD21 update file is there... Thats the dummy payload.

If that exists, it should work.

The LED will be "breathing" when in bootloader mode.

Breathing quickly - not connected to PC
Breathing slowly - connected.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
check the SAMD21 update file is there... Thats the dummy payload.

If that exists, it should work.

The LED will be "breathing" when in bootloader mode.

Breathing quickly - not connected to PC
Breathing slowly - connected.

@mattytrog thanx for the fast response

It flashes here with green and red led at the same speed for pc connected and not connected

I don't know whats wrong here ...
i have a external dongle when i press on this device the reset twice i get the trinketboot volume.

When i now connect the switch to pc (the switch has the black screen after going to update mode and trinket LEDs are all off)
i now get a unknown device detected do i need some special drivers or is it the switch with the APX-Device (I'm on Win7 here)?
The device has no HWIDs (no VID_xxxx and PID_xxxx only USB\UNKNOWN)

Could you please add some checks on the OP for the chip if i could check if the chip is working and no cable is lost in connection ?
If i do reset on chip on horizon OS Volume gets up(+) and the right joycon is disconnected and connected again

Last edited by FunThomas,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog thanx for the fast response

It flashes here with green and red led at the same speed for pc connected and not connected

I don't know whats wrong here ...
i have a external dongle when i press on this device the reset twice i get the trinketboot volume.

When i now connect the switch to pc (the switch has the black screen after going to update mode and trinket LEDs are all off)
i now get a unknown device detected do i need some special drivers or is it the switch with the APX-Device (I'm on Win7 here)?

Could you please add some checks on the OP for the chip if i could check if the chip is working and no cable is lost in connection ?
If i do reset on chip on horizon OS Volume gets up(+) and the right joycon is disconnected and connected again
The LED should be red and fading dim then bright. You aren`t activating the bootloader mode correctly if you are seeing the green LED.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The LED should be red and fading dim then bright. You aren`t activating the bootloader mode correctly if you are seeing the green LED.

so i start switchboot.bin over tegraRCM and then select "Reboot - SAMD21 update"
then i press [PWR] on switch short and have a black screen and then double press reset very fast.
For activating the bootloader mode what am i doing wrong? i cannot do it faster and on the external dongle it works without any problems to get the drive ready.

For the OP i have a point it could be good to explain the difference between DUAL-BOOT and PERMA_CFW_BOOT?
and put in back the picture with the button combos & reset button

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so i start switchboot.bin over tegraRCM and then select "Reboot - SAMD21 update"
then i press [PWR] on switch short and have a black screen and then double press reset very fast.
For activating the bootloader mode what am i doing wrong? i cannot do it faster and on the external dongle it works without any problems to get the drive ready.

For the OP i have a point it could be good to explain the difference between DUAL-BOOT and PERMA_CFW_BOOT?
and put in back the picture with the button combos & reset button

I`ve remade the graphic.

Just leave half second between reset presses.

When light is red only and fading bright and dark, you are in UF2 bootloader mode.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I`ve remade the graphic.

Just leave half second between reset presses.

When light is red only and fading bright and dark, you are in UF2 bootloader mode.

You are my hero i was too fast ;-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have updated to switchboot 1.4.0 + permaCFW and on my SD is in root a payload.bin for hekate 5

is there a button combo to get into switchboot-menu ?
here it always boots hekate with nyx if i press [pwr] + [vol+] or [pwr] + [vol-] on boot
only if i remove the sd i get to switchboot 1.4.0

Reactions: mattytrog

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@mattytrog :
in the second post of OP under chapter Switchboot-UF2 Info is written
To override "payload.bin" launch, hold vol-

you should add "and vol+"

and one thing would be under chapter SAMD21 Update mode - UF2 drive access in the first post
it would be good if you could add the hint you gave me "Just leave half second between reset presses."

And if you would add a FAQ section i would add

If you want to check if modchip cables are all ok press reset button once under Horizon OS and you should see volume gets up(+) and the right joycon is disconnected logo.
(But with better english than mine ;-) )

thanx for your big help !

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so normally it would override any other payload like for sxos, .... but then boot to hekate with nyx ?

if my payload.bin is hekate i will not see any difference
Yes. If payload.bin is Hekate, then it will just boot to that.

If you have autoboot set up as Hekate, you will just go round in circles forever.

gaavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a legacy UF2 file floating around that just chainloads payload.bin without going through hekate? I've been digging through your old repos and found a few things but can't manage to get it to work on my internal rcmx86.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a legacy UF2 file floating around that just chainloads payload.bin without going through hekate? I've been digging through your old repos and found a few things but can't manage to get it to work on my internal rcmx86.
Yep. You need Fusee-UF2. In OP.

Make sure your wiring matches my diagrams in modchip thread.

gaavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep. You need Fusee-UF2. In OP.

Make sure your wiring matches my diagrams in modchip thread.

Fusee UF2 is working fine, just having a dumb issue with tinfoil detecting hekate and refusing to open. Will either switch to a better title installer or try modifying your older deprecated code

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fusee UF2 is working fine, just having a dumb issue with tinfoil detecting hekate and refusing to open. Will either switch to a better title installer or try modifying your older deprecated code

How is tinfoil affecting it? You mean USB connection?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup