Hacking Mocha'd WiiU, still got some questions

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't see a "noob paradise" thread here, so asking as is.

Background: Followed Wiiu.guide to get mine going under MochaCFW. Since then, picked up a few WiiU native games locally. Console came to me preloaded with mario 3D world and NintendoLand. Anyway...
  • Already have a relatively big usb hdd set aside for storing the archived ISO's of my wife and I's collective Wii and GameCube libraries. Yet every time I plug it in, the WiiU nags about wanting to format it. Is it possible to have this drive be usable and remain usable with the standard (modded) Wii consoles?
  • Much to my relief, it does seem like GameCube game loading works... but when testing it, I find that neither the tablet nor any wii controllers work while the GC game is loaded. What am I doing wrong there? What can I do in the meantime, until such time I can get one of those GameCube USB adapters?
  • While it's true I'm using MochaCFW instead of Haxchi or similar, and while I get why the DNS is set up to block WiiU system updates, it's rather annoying that it's also blocking WiiU game updates too. Is it possible to work around that to get those games at least updated? or is it basically a case of risking an ID ban or similar?
I'll probably have more questions later, but these were the three that were ever present now.

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to have this drive be usable and remain usable with the standard (modded) Wii consoles?
No, the Wii U will not read from hard drives that are not in its own format. You will need to find a second hard drive for Wii U games.

There was a fork of Mocha that enabled use of FAT32-formatted hard drives in Wii U mode, however I'm not sure how well this worked as I never tried it.

Is it possible to work around that to get those games at least updated? or is it basically a case of risking an ID ban or similar?
You can use programs such as JNUSTool to download the game updates from your PC, put them on your SD card and then install them using WUP Installer. Game updates are not tied to Nintendo Network accounts, so there is no risk of being banned for this.

There was also a program called NNU-Patcher that allowed access to the eShop even if you had configured an update-blocking DNS server, however I had trouble downloading game updates with this method. It might work for you, it might not.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one more question... for vWii mode... how do I get to where it'll actually accept controls for loading GameCube games? so far I've not had a problem loading the games. But getting a controller to respond has been basically where nothing works.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, one more question... for vWii mode... how do I get to where it'll actually accept controls for loading GameCube games? so far I've not had a problem loading the games. But getting a controller to respond has been basically where nothing works.

Hello,

Know everything with Nintendont (Gamecube) ==> ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

Last edited by jeannotte,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a nintendont forwarder (google for it), since it may be against the rules to post it. anyway, I'm not sure about gamecube controllers, but I know that the pro controller works. however, I think you still need a wiimote to select if you want games displayed on both tv and gamepad.

about fat32 and mocha -- iirc, you had to install games normally, but then you could move the games over to a fat32 drive. I just remember something like that vaguely, so it's not really worth doing. the reason is that the game has to be indexed to show up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over