Homebrew Mocha Or Haxchi?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use haxchi then use mocha for all updates and download contents with games. DS never install who only use loadiine your safe

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we really going to bring this up again? Yes your Wii U can break due to multiple crashes. Mainly because of the force shut down. Usually happens to Wii U that are from 2013 or 2014. You get an Error code which I call black screen of death. Nintendo got rid of this I think(well mine atleast)

what I read is that there is a very little to no chance of bricking if you don't install CBHC and installing games on external HDD instead of nand ....

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I read is that there is a very little to no chance of bricking if you don't install CBHC and installing games on external HDD instead of nand ....

It bricks if you crash. If you're playing Usbloader GX on VWii and crash and force shutdown, chances are, you'll brick your Wii U. I mention this cause It's really common for people who uses VWii and play Nintendont or UsbLoaderGX2. It happened to me and I played tenkaichi on a hard drive. My Wii U has never broke due to installing wii u games. It broke once While playing pokken and smash bros but yeah. I know cold boot can brick Wii U. Don't argue if you never experienced or heard of something.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-160-1400-error-no-disk.407829/ <---- black screen of death. Even though it mentions ''problem with disc drive'', that isn't the reason for this code. So don't pull bullshit like clean disc or replace disc drive cause that wont fix your problem

azy77

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, I never knew a crash could cause a brick. I have haxchi only and have had a few crashes on wii u games where screen froze while loading or froze when going back to main Wii u menu and each time I help power on console to turn off as pressing off from gamepad did not turn console off.

Never thought once that there is a possibility that it may brick due to this.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah didn't know crashes could cause a brick
.. Never read that until now... All guides say that there is a risk of brick only if you do a bad flash of system files.... Or update haxchi ou factory reset with Cold boot installed

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It bricks if you crash. If you're playing Usbloader GX on VWii and crash and force shutdown, chances are, you'll brick your Wii U. I mention this cause It's really common for people who uses VWii and play Nintendont or UsbLoaderGX2. It happened to me and I played tenkaichi on a hard drive. My Wii U has never broke due to installing wii u games. It broke once While playing pokken and smash bros but yeah. I know cold boot can brick Wii U. Don't argue if you never experienced or heard of something.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-160-1400-error-no-disk.407829/ <---- black screen of death. Even though it mentions ''problem with disc drive'', that isn't the reason for this code. So don't pull bullshit like clean disc or replace disc drive cause that wont fix your problem

if I play the wii games only via wii u VC injection, is there a change of bricking?

I have the old wii and have been using usb loader for years now and never bricked .. so the wii u is more prone to bricks?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I play the wii games only via wii u VC injection, is there a change of bricking?

I have the old wii and have been using usb loader for years now and never bricked .. so the wii u is more prone to bricks?

I've injected hundreds of Wii/GC/N64/DS/SNES/GB/GBA games and played tons of them no brick. There's no reason to be worried using that method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended