Mocha Or Haxchi?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by RareKirby, Feb 27, 2017.

1. RareKirby
    OP

RareKirby GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    I was about to install Haxchi along with Homebrew channel on my Wii U Menu. I even have a ds game ready. But then I saw Mocha cfw. I'm trying to avoid browser so that I don't crash. 2 of my Wii Us broke because of dumb crashes. I just want to boot up my Wii U without touching browser for mods. Does mocha let me do this? Can I boot up Wii U and have the cfw already?

2. Somebody Whoisbored

Somebody Whoisbored it's all okeydokey

May 12, 2016
    United States
    hypeland
    You could just do both.

3. varaquez

varaquez Banned

Banned
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    mocha is easier and less chance to brick

4. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Mocha neither hurts nor helps your goal of not touching the browser. The Mocha elf (program) needs to be launched somehow - either by running it (or HBL) from the browser exploit, or by launching Mocha from Haxchi/CBHC (Cold-Boot Haxchi.)

Haxchi does help with your goal because it gets installed 'within' the purchased DS game that you're sacrificing, so no browser exploit is required once it's installed.
    That's what CBHC does, by telling your system to start up your hacked DS game instead of the normal WiiU Menu. That might sound wonderful, but if something goes wrong with the DS title, you'll have another broken WiiU to add to your pile.

5. RareKirby
    OP

RareKirby GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    Thank you, I have Haxchi and Homebrew now working great no crashes. How do i get config tool? I need it because I have a corrupted file on my hard drive that my Wii U can't delete. I don't wanna format. I have too many games

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm really confuse. I have Haxchi does that mean I can download region free games and install them through wupinstaller? How do I get system configs

6. efen3001

efen3001 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    United States
    What could happen with the DS title?

7. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    If the DS title gets moved to USB, ovewritten, deleted or somehow corrupted in any way, the Wii U is bricked.

Last edited by Glyptofane, Feb 27, 2017
  8. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If the WiiU tells you that you have unnecessary data, and you allow it to delete but the delete never finishes, just successfully install something to that drive, from the eShop or with wupinstaller, then go back to data management and let it do the delete again.

You can download and install out-of-region games with legitimate tickets whether you have patching active or not. If you activate Haxchi's sysmenu option, the region check patch (and other patches) will be active, and you will be able to launch those games. They might not work because of language file issues, but they will launch.
    I have had no need for that tool, so I'll let someone else answer those questions.

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Like i said to you before, you can install haxchi to boot mocha automatically when launched. Just create a text file and edit it to load mocha cfw by default. You don't need web browser for homebrew loading anymore, remember to enable dual hax to block nintendo updates.

10. AdmiralSpeedy

AdmiralSpeedy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2016
    Canada
    There is no way a software crash damaged two of your consoles...

11. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Game is saving + Freeze = RIP NAND

Anyways, I suggest installing CBHC but if you're careless then just set Haxchi to autoboot Mocha CFW.
    Why Mocha CFW? HaxchiFW doesn't work with some Homebrew channels [Those installable channels] (Oddly enough CBHC works with every channel...)

Last edited by Felek666, Feb 27, 2017
  12. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Please provide an example of a channel that doesn't work under Haxchi sysmenu's patching, but does under CBHC. HBL Channel is an installable channel, and it certainly works under Haxchi.

13. AdmiralSpeedy

AdmiralSpeedy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2016
    Canada
    Except that isn't going to damage your NAND...

14. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Flappy Bird GX2.
    I know it's useless but i love this homebrew >.>

15. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    That channel installed and ran fine on my (US) Haxchi system. You might want to mention in the channel's thread that you're having problems running it under Haxchi. (Let him know what specific version of Haxchi you tried it under.)

16. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I have EUR Wii U, I had Haxchi v2.5u2 back then. [Now i have CBHC1.6]