Homebrew Mocha Or Haxchi?

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to install Haxchi along with Homebrew channel on my Wii U Menu. I even have a ds game ready. But then I saw Mocha cfw. I'm trying to avoid browser so that I don't crash. 2 of my Wii Us broke because of dumb crashes. I just want to boot up my Wii U without touching browser for mods. Does mocha let me do this? Can I boot up Wii U and have the cfw already?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to install Haxchi along with Homebrew channel on my Wii U Menu. I even have a ds game ready. But then I saw Mocha cfw. I'm trying to avoid browser so that I don't crash. 2 of my Wii Us broke because of dumb crashes. I just want to boot up my Wii U without touching browser for mods. Does mocha let me do this?
Mocha neither hurts nor helps your goal of not touching the browser. The Mocha elf (program) needs to be launched somehow - either by running it (or HBL) from the browser exploit, or by launching Mocha from Haxchi/CBHC (Cold-Boot Haxchi.)

Haxchi does help with your goal because it gets installed 'within' the purchased DS game that you're sacrificing, so no browser exploit is required once it's installed.
Can I boot up Wii U and have the cfw already?
That's what CBHC does, by telling your system to start up your hacked DS game instead of the normal WiiU Menu. That might sound wonderful, but if something goes wrong with the DS title, you'll have another broken WiiU to add to your pile.

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha neither hurts nor helps your goal of not toucohing the browser. The Mocha elf (program) needs to be launched somehow - either by running it (or HBL) from the browser exploit, or by launching Mocha from Haxchi/CBHC (Cold-Boot Haxchi.)

Haxchi does help with your goal because it gets installed 'within' the purchased DS game that you're sacrificing, so no browser exploit is required once it's installed.

That's what CBHC does, by telling your system to start up your hacked DS game instead of the normal WiiU Menu. That might sound wonderful, but if something goes wrong with the DS title, you'll have another broken WiiU to add to your pile.
Thank you, I have Haxchi and Homebrew now working great no crashes. How do i get config tool? I need it because I have a corrupted file on my hard drive that my Wii U can't delete. I don't wanna format. I have too many games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm really confuse. I have Haxchi does that mean I can download region free games and install them through wupinstaller? How do I get system configs

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha neither hurts nor helps your goal of not touching the browser. The Mocha elf (program) needs to be launched somehow - either by running it (or HBL) from the browser exploit, or by launching Mocha from Haxchi/CBHC (Cold-Boot Haxchi.)

What could happen with the DS title?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a corrupted file on my hard drive that my Wii U can't delete.
If the WiiU tells you that you have unnecessary data, and you allow it to delete but the delete never finishes, just successfully install something to that drive, from the eShop or with wupinstaller, then go back to data management and let it do the delete again.

I have Haxchi does that mean I can download region free games and install them through wupinstaller?
You can download and install out-of-region games with legitimate tickets whether you have patching active or not. If you activate Haxchi's sysmenu option, the region check patch (and other patches) will be active, and you will be able to launch those games. They might not work because of language file issues, but they will launch.
How do i get config tool?
How do I get system configs
I have had no need for that tool, so I'll let someone else answer those questions.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to install Haxchi along with Homebrew channel on my Wii U Menu. I even have a ds game ready. But then I saw Mocha cfw. I'm trying to avoid browser so that I don't crash. 2 of my Wii Us broke because of dumb crashes. I just want to boot up my Wii U without touching browser for mods. Does mocha let me do this? Can I boot up Wii U and have the cfw already?
Like i said to you before, you can install haxchi to boot mocha automatically when launched. Just create a text file and edit it to load mocha cfw by default. You don't need web browser for homebrew loading anymore, remember to enable dual hax to block nintendo updates.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no way a software crash damaged two of your consoles...

D

Deleted User

There is no way a software crash damaged two of your consoles...
Game is saving + Freeze = RIP NAND

Anyways, I suggest installing CBHC but if you're careless then just set Haxchi to autoboot Mocha CFW.
Why Mocha CFW? HaxchiFW doesn't work with some Homebrew channels [Those installable channels] (Oddly enough CBHC works with every channel...)

Last edited by ,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaxchiFW doesn't work with some Homebrew channels [Those installable channels] (Oddly enough CBHC works with every channel...)
Please provide an example of a channel that doesn't work under Haxchi sysmenu's patching, but does under CBHC. HBL Channel is an installable channel, and it certainly works under Haxchi.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game is saving + Freeze = RIP NAND

Anyways, I suggest installing CBHC but if you're careless then just set Haxchi to autoboot Mocha CFW.
Why Mocha CFW? HaxchiFW doesn't work with some Homebrew channels [Those installable channels] (Oddly enough CBHC works with every channel...)
Except that isn't going to damage your NAND...

D

Deleted User

Please provide an example of a channel that doesn't work under Haxchi sysmenu's patching, but does under CBHC. HBL Channel is an installable channel, and it certainly works under Haxchi.
Flappy Bird GX2.
I know it's useless but i love this homebrew >.>

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flappy Bird GX2.
I know it's useless but i love this homebrew >.>
That channel installed and ran fine on my (US) Haxchi system. You might want to mention in the channel's thread that you're having problems running it under Haxchi. (Let him know what specific version of Haxchi you tried it under.)

D

Deleted User

That channel installed and ran fine on my (US) Haxchi system. You might want to mention in the channel's thread that you're having problems running it under Haxchi. (Let him know what specific version of Haxchi you tried it under.)
I have EUR Wii U, I had Haxchi v2.5u2 back then. [Now i have CBHC1.6]

cavale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question for everyone here, i want to buy a Wii U, mainly because you can play any wii and wii u game on it, and it's pretty cheap to buy a used one. I already followed a tutorial on how to install homebrew launcher and HaxChi for 5.5.2.

After i've done all that, can i just download games to my sd card and install them with WUP Installer to my external usb? Does this also work with wii and ds games? or do i need something else to play virtual console games?
(Considering i download games in Wii u usb helper)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by cavale,

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

your wii u broke because of crashes?? How it that possible??

If the DS title gets moved to USB, ovewritten, deleted or somehow corrupted in any way, the Wii U is bricked.

you mean your wii u is bricked if CBHC is installed right??? if the DS title gets deleted and corrupted but no CBHC installed... there is no chance of bricking the wii u right?

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your wii u broke because of crashes?? How it that possible??

you mean your wii u is bricked if CBHC is installed right??? if the DS title gets deleted and corrupted but no CBHC installed... there is no chance of bricking the wii u right?

Are we really going to bring this up again? Yes your Wii U can break due to multiple crashes. Mainly because of the force shut down. Usually happens to Wii U that are from 2013 or 2014. You get an Error code which I call black screen of death. Nintendo got rid of this I think(well mine atleast)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs