Hardware Wii u 160-1400 error - No Disk

robertorpg94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
today I decided to call my console Wii U. However, at the time it starts (with or disk). he shows me a black screen writing the following error code 160-1400,

as in this video

I'm in doubt,
1. if my reader broke even or have a solution to try to make a hardreset on my Wii U, or

2. if I can change my disk drive or. only the Wii u reader to solve this problem.

if anyone here has been there and knows a solution, I will be grateful with this statement, I live in Brazil, here I would only get parts and repaired by an ask absurd with a super slow delivery, then I would know what to do .

Thanks

Last edited by robertorpg94,

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well I guess your drive and/or logic board is broken.

Thats what Nintendo says:
  • Remove the disc and reboot the system.
    • Press eject on the front of the console and remove the disc.
    • Power off the Wii U console.
    • Wait 30 seconds.
    • Power on the Wii U console and insert the disc.
      • If you find that this resolves the issue, please continue to use the system as normal.
  • Visually inspect the disc(s) for any damage or cracks.
  • Clean the disc(s). How to

Does the drive make the normal noises on startup ?

Last edited by Net-KILLER,

robertorpg94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Worse than it does the normal noise , it is possible to hear him running a disk

if I change the wii u disk drive , he returns to work?

montiebro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this same problem on a wii u I got off eBay. I've replaced the disk drive and it still has the error. It must be a problem with the motherboard or something.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I also have a Wii U with this error. I took the console apart and found that the drive isn't spinning the disk.

Does anyone know where the fuses are located for the drive? The laser lens is moving and the eject mechanism is working perfectly. It's just the drive motor won't spin.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a Wii U with this error. I took the console apart and found that the drive isn't spinning the disk.

Does anyone know where the fuses are located for the drive? The laser lens is moving and the eject mechanism is working perfectly. It's just the drive motor won't spin.
Any luck? I replaced the the drive with a new one with old logic board and it still isn't spinning! still 160 1400

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not many people are talking about this often. Most gave up and stop replying. This is my 2nd Wii U that did this.
What I know:
Force shut downs can lead to 160 1400 error code which means you can no longer use your wii u anymore.
Replacing disc drive obviously gives you 160 1402 error code. The fix around code is switching logic board with old one. For people who had disc problems that weren't 160 1400 this is your fix. For those that started with 160 1400, replacing logic board gets rid of 1402 but you're stuck with 1400 again. So I got a new disc drive, Still doesn't spin. So disc drive isn't the reason why the disc isn't spinning and that's where I'm at.
Buying a new Wii U is a good option. Used Wii Us are about 120-140 bucks now, Having it repaired by Nintendo is 110 bucks. With stupid amount of work like shipping them your Wii U. I can't get mine repaired obviously cause i opened it up

Me right now https://www.facebook.com/permalink....354528&notif_t=like&notif_id=1476811849076354

Last edited by RareKirby,

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Not many people are talking about this often. Most gave up and stop replying. This is my 2nd Wii U that did this.
What I know:
Force shut downs can lead to 160 1400 error code which means you can no longer use your wii u anymore.
Replacing disc drive obviously gives you 160 1402 error code. The fix around code is switching logic board with old one. For people who had disc problems that weren't 160 1400 this is your fix. For those that started with 160 1400, replacing logic board gets rid of 1402 but you're stuck with 1400 again. So I got a new disc drive, Still doesn't spin. So disc drive isn't the reason why the disc isn't spinning and that's where I'm at.
Buying a new Wii U is a good option. Used Wii Us are about 120-140 bucks now, Having it repaired by Nintendo is 110 bucks. With stupid amount of work like shipping them your Wii U. I can't get mine repaired obviously cause i opened it up

Me right now https://www.facebook.com/permalink....354528&notif_t=like&notif_id=1476811849076354
No luck yet, but I still haven't given up.

I'll quote myself from my reply in a similar thread about this issue here http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-disc-drive-error.445177/#post-6747495

"I got an idea but haven't tried this out yet. Are you able to boot directly into Wii mode at startup? I think you have to hold the B button on the game pad. If you can are you able to then exit Wii mode to the Wii U home menu?"

And I just got another idea. It's a long shot and probably stupid but have you tried replacing the CMOS battery?

Last edited by bowser,

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck yet, but I still haven't given up.

I'll quote myself from my reply in a similar thread about this issue here http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-disc-drive-error.445177/#post-6747495

"I got an idea but haven't tried this out yet. Are you able to boot directly into Wii mode at startup? I think you have to hold the B button on the game pad. If you can are you able to then exit Wii mode to the Wii U home menu?"

And I just got another idea. It's a long shot and probably stupid but have you tried replacing the CMOS battery?
No. Also Wii mode isn't on my start up so i'm out of luck there. I'm done tbh but you should still do research I guess. I don't want to waste anymore money.

dust213dust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any solution to this? any way to bypass the black screen? there must be some kind of hardware security check that takes you to black screen as for a second i can see the controller sync screen...

Almir Fiorio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Roberto

sou do brasil e estou com o mesmo problema
vc conseguiu a solucao ?

I'm from Brazil, and I have the same problem.
Did you get the solution?

Grato
Almir

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...