Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there
Currently my WiiU boots to Rednand using Mocha flawlessly (I did inject SEEPROM , OTP manually using sdio 1.2)

Before doing something I wouldn't know for sure

Is the "Use syshax.xml for coldboot" in the expert menu co-conjunction with CBHC by FIX94? If I use syshax.xml by Mocha do I need to uninstall CBHC?

Thanks Dimok for everything :grog::bow::bow::bow:

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, uh, nice work!

To the average user, though, what does this provide over, say, coldboot haxchi with sigpatched sysnand?

Nopadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, uh, nice work!

To the average user, though, what does this provide over, say, coldboot haxchi with sigpatched sysnand?

I asked this earlier, but I haven't seen a response yet. From what I've gathered from the conversation so far (so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt): I believe that if you boot into the rednand option of this, it will create your rednand for you without the cfw.img (saving quite a bit of time for someone who needs to download tools/compile it/etc), and you should be OK to update your system from Nintendo on the Rednand version because of the OTP and SEEPROM redirection, meaning you don't need to worry about DNS updates on the rednand? I'm not sure how disconnected everything is with rednand vs sysnand.

And if you screw something up somehow you can restore your rednand pretty easily apparently.

Reactions: canariobr

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this earlier, but I haven't seen a response yet. From what I've gathered from the conversation so far (so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt): I believe that if you boot into the rednand option of this, it will create your rednand for you without the cfw.img (saving quite a bit of time for someone who needs to download tools/compile it/etc), and you should be OK to update your system from Nintendo on the Rednand version because of the OTP and SEEPROM redirection, meaning you don't need to worry about DNS updates on the rednand? I'm not sure how disconnected everything is with rednand vs sysnand.

And if you screw something up somehow you can restore your rednand pretty easily apparently.
Interesting!
Does it still take the 32 GB requirement ala fw.img rednand?

Nopadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting!
Does it still take the 32 GB requirement ala fw.img rednand?

Based on how long it's taking to install the rednand I'm guessing so. I'll post if it's much smaller.

Does this CFW include an automated setup of redNAND?

Yeah I'm installing rednand now from Mocha when I had nothing rednand related before.

Nopadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's a better version of sigpatched sysnand though, it also includes a (kinda) refined redNAND with the ability to load SEEPROM and OTP from SD.

I was just reading your rednand guide. How would Mocha change the information in there? Do we know if having a linked nand would still have a chance of bricking if an update occurred even with SEEPROM and OTP SD redir?

Would we still need to be careful with the sysconfig tool?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill