Miyamoto says there wont be a 3ds revision

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over at IGN, they asked Miyamoto about the rumored 3dsxl and adding a 2nd joypad. He said that anything they had in mind right now would be for a future generation and that hr did not feel the need for a revision with 2 sticks.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/06/12/nintendo-working-on-future-handheld-generation

So, I guess this doesn't completely rule it out, but considering previous Nintendo statements, it looks less and less like there will be a different 3ds anytime soon.

Reactions: 2 people

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
They would never announce a revision is coming before it was literally ready to ship out so that they don't lose sales on the current hardware. The only time Nintendo have announced a revision long before release was for the DSi XL, and they only did that to pre-empt a leak of it by the press.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Note the two words there: right now. It'd be amazing if Nintendo didn't release a revision for their handheld console.

At least this gives something to hang on to: Nothing new in the hardware front, most updates in the software side. Ie. buying the first revision may not be that bad an idea. *Goes to play OoT3D*

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like everyone said, obviously he would say this even if there was a new model in the works.

Call me crazy, but I actually don't see them releasing a new version for a while.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I still think there will ultimately be a revision, like I said above I don't think there will be one anytime soon; next e3 at the earliest. So for people who have been waiting for the revision they might have a long way to go yet.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
This is great news to me the 3ds have no need for one

I think therse definately need for one. Ha ha. The battery life alone warrants another revision. Kinda good for me in a way seeing I wont feel gutted about buying the first 3DS only to see a better one dangled in my face a year later. However, the battery life on the 3DS just makes it seems worth it if the battery life is better. The least nintendo could do is make a battery add on or something implemented in the circle pad pro or something, instead of letting 3rd party's help themselves. (Looking forward to that nyko circle pad pro! If only they sold in the UK!)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPP will stop to sell if he tell that will be a revision (I'm not telling that the revision will come with dual analog, but many people have sure that will)

They'll probably wait until cancerous tumors aren't "in" with gamers anymore and then produce a dual analog revision.

They did that with Wii Remote Pluses. Except this time instead of people buying new controller, they're buying new consoles.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ogIMK.jpg

I think this is more than enough of a reason for a revamp.

Reactions: 6 people

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I still laugh at everyone who expects a second circle pad in a future revision. Out of about 200 games only 7 or so actually use it. They don't force an addon into a hardware revision for a measly 3% of games. If that was the case, the DSLite would have had motion and rumble and guitar hero buttons built in.

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER