Hardware Missed opportunity by Nintendo for the 3DS and Wii-U

Would you like to use a 3DS as an optional Wii Tablet controller?

• Yes, I would like Nintendo's systems to be able to work together

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • No, keep the systems seperate

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • It does not matter to me

Votes: 26 23.6%

• Total voters

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you know that Wifi and Bluetooth use the same radio frequency technology and the differences between them exist only in terms of software and protocol?

I heard it from a guy who liked to make mobile phones mods and even managed to make a bluetooth device to connect to a Wifi network or the opposite, I don't remember exactly, it's been about 2 years.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see inter-console play with the 3DS and WiiU, like the Vita and PS3, but using the 3DS as a controller doesn't really make sense.
In case you didn't notice, the 3DS is a controller.
How is it one?
picard-facepalm.jpg
I actually loled at that question.
Me too. Oh well, he certainly knows now. Some people just don't make the automatic connection to things like that. Those type of people we get to laugh at :D

Reactions: 3 people

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see inter-console play with the 3DS and WiiU, like the Vita and PS3, but using the 3DS as a controller doesn't really make sense.
How is it one?
picard-facepalm.jpg
Me too. Oh well, he certainly knows now. Some people just don't make the automatic connection to things like that. Those type of people we get to laugh at :D

>_> Man, you guys are really being jerks about it.

Reactions: 2 people

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be a "missed opportunity" if it isn't, well, missed.

How do you know that they won't have connectivity? If they want to have it, they'd put out a 3DS-Wii U Bluetooth later on.

Reactions: 1 person

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bluetooth kills battery very quickly, thanks to the amount of hopes it does (800/sec). It also can interfere with Wi-Fi , since both uses 2.4GHz frequency band.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes a dog needs it face rubbed in the shit that it lay to smarten up.

How do you know that they won't have connectivity? If they want to have it, they'd put out a 3DS-Wii U Bluetooth later on.
Well, connectivity through wifi could be laggy, and Nintendo would be ridiculed and staked for making people purchase a bluetooth card when even the original DS had bluetooth. It was rather shitty for them to not include bluetooth when the original price tag was $250 USD. People will feel like "WTF. Why did you not include it in the first place? It's cheap enough to implement. What drugs are you morons smoking?"

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, ONCE. Not a good 3 times for no reason. One could say that the 3DS has a controller built in, but that doesnt make it a controller. My computer has a fan built in, does that mean I hang it up in my room on a hot day to cool me off?
Well, connectivity through wifi could be laggy, and Nintendo would be ridiculed and staked for making people purchase a bluetooth card when even the original DS had bluetooth. It was rather shitty for them to not include bluetooth when the original price tag was $250 USD. People will feel like "WTF. Why did you not include it in the first place? It's cheap enough to implement. What drugs are you morons smoking?"

No. It didnt..

Where the hell does it say bluetooth on this page.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, ONCE. Not a good 3 times for no reason. One could say that the 3DS has a controller built in, but that doesnt make it a controller. My computer has a fan built in, does that mean I hang it up in my room on a hot day to cool me off?

No. It didnt..

My bad. I was REALLY hungover when I wrote that post and totally spaced it. You are right, none of the DS's had bluetooth.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. It didnt..

My bad. I was REALLY hungover when I wrote that post and totally spaced it. You are right, none of the DS's had bluetooth.
Oh! XD Sorry for putting it so rudely then.

1c3_5n0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
How is it one?
picard-facepalm.jpg

LOL. It's OK. That's why I enjoy Gbatemp. Gettin bitchy over stuff like that and how humourous you ppl are. :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1