Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
I wish Smealum is back! D:
I miss him!
It looks like Smealum has abandoned the project, because he is not replying on this forum lately, but we don't know for sure if he abandoned this project!
D:

Smealum is making a big break in the developpement of this homebrew, as he explained on his blog (it's in french, here : http://www.smealum.net). But he is still alive :D (he posted a comment on his blog on the 24 october)...
yeh i know, but he said like a month or so, but it is way more now! D:

I think we have to wait until he want to work on it again :sad:

Reactions: 1 person

me7i the amazin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.morganbellas12.weebly.com
XP
Country
how bout carrying the source to to you cannonfoddr > :D
No good - I'm not a programmer (although I dabbled MANY years ago)....I wouldn't know where to start nowadays

well depending on what DScraft is coded in i.e. c, c++ you could do the newboston c & c++ tutorials, they are on youtube

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wish Smealum is back! D:
I miss him!
It looks like Smealum has abandoned the project, because he is not replying on this forum lately, but we don't know for sure if he abandoned this project!
D:

Smealum is making a big break in the developpement of this homebrew, as he explained on his blog (it's in french, here : http://www.smealum.net). But he is still alive :D (he posted a comment on his blog on the 24 october)...
yeh i know, but he said like a month or so, but it is way more now! D:
I think, that he wrote in three months...
and he wrote: I'll go waiting and watching how it continues with DScraft, seeing what the people are going to do will be interesting. (August 21st 2011)

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Smealum, if you won't come back soon, the fans of dscraft will forget this game!!!
Stupid comment i guess, if he didn't came back then it is only because he doesnt have time or don't want to spend it on this project at the moment, dscraft is already quite nice, i don't think that everybody will drop it only because smealum isn't updating the game...
Developper, and even more homebrewers have a personal life too, don't forget it..

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can you port maps from this to the main MC? I'd like that.
How would you port MC map which is 3d to a 2d minecraft (or MCds to MC)? quite an odd question :s
Erm actually - you CAN use minecraft maps in DSCraft...well PARTS of it - you just have to use a bit of trial & error to actually GET the part that you want...

DSCraft has a 'convertor' (Mc2DS.exe) that will take a minecraft map & 'cut' a portion of it out & convert it to work in DSCraft
(You'll find it in the DSCraft download inside the mc2ds.rar file)
the readme file said:
mc2ds Minecraft to DScraft world converter - version 0.1a (310811)
Converts a Minecraft world to a DScraft.
Written in part by smealum.

Syntax: mc2ds [sizeX] [sizeY] [offsetX] [offsetY] [zOffset]

Where:
[sizeX], [sizeY] size of the part of the world you want to convert (in blocks)
[offsetX], [offsetY] center of the part of the world you want to convert (in chunks (1 chunk = 16 blocks))
[zOffset] lowest point of the section you want to convert (in blocks) (32 will convert blocks between 32 and 96, aka -32 and 32 in regards to sea level)

mc2ds must be run in the directory of the save you want to convert (all it needs is the \"region\" folder)
Now I'm not sure what smealum means by 'blocks/chunks' so not sure HOW you can work out what values you need to enter to get the part of the minecraft map you actually want...perhaps some1 else can help here ??

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Smealum, if you won't come back soon, the fans of dscraft will forget this game!!!
Stupid comment i guess, if he didn't came back then it is only because he doesnt have time or don't want to spend it on this project at the moment, dscraft is already quite nice, i don't think that everybody will drop it only because smealum isn't updating the game...
Developper, and even more homebrewers have a personal life too, don't forget it..
Not to mention the fact that, you know, I don't really care if people forget about it. I didn't make this so that people would play it, I just made it because I wanted to. People liking and playing it is obviously a nice bonus, but nothing more.
Also, threatening people probably isn't the best way to get what you want in this kind of situation. Just saying.
How would you port MC map which is 3d to a 2d minecraft (or MCds to MC)? quite an odd question :s
You do realize DScraft is in 3D, right ? I think I saw a 2D adaptation of minecraft for the DS made in 2D here, and I also remember you replying to that thread so I guess I understand how you'd confuse the two. They aren't in any way linked though.
(that's why using the same name for two distinct projects isn't a great idea, but it's not like I can do anything about it)
Erm actually - you CAN use minecraft maps in DSCraft...well PARTS of it - you just have to use a bit of trial & error to actually GET the part that you want...

DSCraft has a 'convertor' (Mc2DS.exe) that will take a minecraft map & 'cut' a portion of it out & convert it to work in DSCraft
(You'll find it in the DSCraft download inside the mc2ds.rar file)
the readme file said:
mc2ds Minecraft to DScraft world converter - version 0.1a (310811)
Converts a Minecraft world to a DScraft.
Written in part by smealum.

Where:
[sizeX], [sizeY] size of the part of the world you want to convert (in blocks)
[offsetX], [offsetY] center of the part of the world you want to convert (in chunks (1 chunk = 16 blocks))
[zOffset] lowest point of the section you want to convert (in blocks) (32 will convert blocks between 32 and 96, aka -32 and 32 in regards to sea level)

mc2ds must be run in the directory of the save you want to convert (all it needs is the \"region\" folder)
Now I'm not sure what smealum means by 'blocks/chunks' so not sure HOW you can work out what values you need to enter to get the part of the minecraft map you actually want...perhaps some1 else can help here ??
If you have any specific questions regarding the converter, feel free to ask, I'll try to answer them. However, I feel the readme contains sufficient instructions (obviously I'm apparently wrong, but what I mean is I wouldn't really know what to add).
Also, bear in mind that the converter isn't great; it works, but the worlds is generates can in certain conditions crash the game. And it's not like in its current state DScraft needs any more possible sources of instability heh.

Anyway, regarding the state of DScraft : don't expect anything new for a long time. I have other projects I'm more interested in at the moment, and that's not even mentioning school, which while not that interesting to me is not exactly optional. There is still a possibility that DScraft will make a comeback sooner than later, but if that happens it won't be exactly DScraft; I have ideas I'd like to work on that would maybe expand the game, in a good way. Again, no promises, but I just felt I might as well let you know.
(oh, and when I say sooner rather than later, I still mean a couple months at least, so don't hold your breath)

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh damn, sorry for the port thing as I was answering both projects I made a mistake i thought I was on the 2D version thread really confused :s
by the way I never told you but, great work smealun, as always ^^'
off topic:@smea est ce que tu pourrais m aider vite fait sur une ou deux questions sur le code de mon projet si tu as le temps? C'est surtout une question de technique et d optimisation de mon moteur (si oui envoies moi un pm merci)

IDaNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have got a question about the converter.
Are the xoffset and the zoffset the player position, the spawn point or the (0, 0) points?
Or maybe something else?
And thanks for the comment above. Hopefully this will stop those stupid comments :)

SunnyWooeyKimmy

Trophies
XP
Firstly, Amazing Job. I played quite a bit on this, and this is better than the crappy pocket edition of Minecraft on iOS, etc.
Are you planning to add redstone mechanics to this, as well as additional blocks? I don't quite know if the DS can handle so much, but just asking.

I could help you on some graphical parts of the game, like logos, fonts and etc. ( all in Palette, indexed of course )

Since you said survival is coming, I seriously can't wait. This is gonna be awesome. Please keep working on this, as this homebrew just gave a new life to my old DS :D Thanks.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 wood & Supercard DSTWO: when you place a door on the spot you currently stand on you get seriously air time. I think it should be kept though, its rather funny. :yaynds:

Erm, FAT version latest build. (v230811)?
Whatever the latest build as of August 31st is. :P

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Have got a question about the converter.
Are the xoffset and the zoffset the player position, the spawn point or the (0, 0) points?
To be honest I have no Idea, BUT I can hazard a guess
- although I have tried it out a couple of time, my 'convertions' never came out the way I wanted it - so I guess this is totally wrong
[Size X], [Size Y] is pretty obvious - if you want a 128x128 map you use '128' for both, a 256x256 map ?? - use '256' for both
[offsetX], [offsetY] - I THINK this refers to actual minecraft world locations.

If you call up Minecrafts status page (You press one of the [F] keys) you'll see your current x/y/z co-ordinates.
I'm guessing you find your location, divide by 16 & round it down to the nearest whole number (since you have to enter the 'chunk' number and not the block number)
e.g. If your location is X=770,Y=100,Z=122 then X/16= 48.125 & Z/16=7.625 ..
... you would therefore use '48' and '7' as the chunk info
[zOffset]: (Note: 'Sea Level' is around level 63 in Minecraft)
Because DSCraft can only have a world height of '64' then if you use '32', the lowest part of the map will start @ level 32 & the highest part would be at level 96.
this means you WILL NOT see the landscape where you are standing since your current location is at '100'.

> If you want the lowest part of the map to be the place you are currently standing, then you would use '100', & the map will start @ 100 & go up to '164'
> IF you want your current location to be mid-way in the map - I would guess you would need to use '68'.
This should give you 32 'blocks' below you & 32 blocks above you
If I have any time I may continue experimenting..... but I'm currently having a problem with 'corrupted worlds' in minecraft, which is a real bugger

xpgnome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The project has been abandonded?. Because looks great, but have bugs and freeze sometimes(imposible is nothing) in my PC, the game lags, but on ds, NONE! Smealum, please.

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyway, regarding the state of DScraft : don't expect anything new for a long time. I have other projects I'm more interested in at the moment, and that's not even mentioning school, which while not that interesting to me is not exactly optional. There is still a possibility that DScraft will make a comeback sooner than later, but if that happens it won't be exactly DScraft; I have ideas I'd like to work on that would maybe expand the game, in a good way. Again, no promises, but I just felt I might as well let you know.
(oh, and when I say sooner rather than later, I still mean a couple months at least, so don't hold your breath)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)