Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
DrOctapu said:
Demonstryde said:
why did the dl link dissapear? i would like to try this, and i dont wanna be a beta tester...just want to try it.
Smealum got contacted and asked to remove the textures. They're using different ones now. The demo's still out there if you want to try it, you just have to look for a bit.
That actually wasn't THE reason. The textures wern't a problem after a day. He just felt it was too unstable and could corrupt your card. look back to like page 13.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucasade said:
DrOctapu said:
Demonstryde said:
why did the dl link dissapear? i would like to try this, and i dont wanna be a beta tester...just want to try it.
Smealum got contacted and asked to remove the textures. They're using different ones now. The demo's still out there if you want to try it, you just have to look for a bit.
That actually wasn't THE reason. The textures wern't a problem after a day. He just felt it was too unstable and could corrupt your card. look back to like page 13.
thanks for reply..guess ima have to just wait... should be amazing...cant even play MC with any of my comps at home... but the game looks really fun.

IDaNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lucasade said:
@Smealum: where do you put testmap.map when running no$gba? It cant see it.
I think you have to have testmap.map compiled in the .nds file, because as far as i know no$gba doen't support filesystem stuff
frown.gif

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
IDaNL said:
lucasade said:
I think you have to have testmap.map compiled in the .nds file, because as far as i know no$gba doen't support filesystem stuff
frown.gif
Ah, ok. Dammit. I dont know how to do that kind of stuff
frown.gif
oh well.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
Desmume is able to emulate the R4 command. You can assign a folder to the emulator. This folder emulate the microsd.
How, I was trying Desmume earlier, couldnt see how to do that.

EDIT: never mind, the touch isnt working either (game runs, no map) so there is probably no point trying. Does anyone know how to set directory iDeaS?

EDIT2: iDeaS has more side effects than just no movement. I need to know how smealum does it with No$Gba.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Menu Emulation > slot 1 and choose R4. Set a folder where you copy wood r4 and dscraft. run wood r4 decrypted .dat and you can run dscraft from wood R4.

To be able to use the touchscreen you need to copy bioses and firmware.
wink.gif

To run directly dscraft without the need of wood R4, just dldi patch the .nds with the r4v2 dldi driver.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
Menu Emulation > slot 1 and choose R4. Set a folder where you copy wood r4 and dscraft. run wood r4 decrypted .dat and you can run dscraft from wood R4.

wink.gif

To run directly dscraft without the need of wood R4, just dldi patch the .nds with the r4v2 dldi driver.
Ok, ill give it a shot
smile.gif
Thanks.

EDIT: Hmm, I got all the files ready first, and went into Dsemume to set slot1, but there is no slot1 option! What emulator are you describing?

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
This emulation stuff doesn't matter too much guys. I just wanted to record the game properly if I am going to post it on You-Tube. If anyone gets it to work, please tell me how.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lucasade said:
Mbmax said:

wink.gif

Ok, ill give it a shot
smile.gif
Thanks.

EDIT: Hmm, I got all the files ready first, and went into Dsemume to set slot1, but there is no slot1 option! What emulator are you describing?
You are probably trying a very old build. Desmume is an open source emulator with constant updates.
Here is the last compiled version from EmuCR, thanks to Nichole : http://www.emucr.com/2011/08/desmume-svn-r4074.html

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
lucasade said:
Mbmax said:

wink.gif

Ok, ill give it a shot
smile.gif
Thanks.

You are probably trying a very old build. Desmume is an open source emulator with constant updates.
Here is the last compiled version from EmuCR, thanks to Nichole : http://www.emucr.com/2011/08/desmume-svn-r4074.html
Wow! Thats new.
tongue.gif
I have been using 0.9.6 from filetrip. Someone ought to update the download there.
wink.gif

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
IDaNL said:
lucasade said:
frown.gif
I have tested it out with file system and it works fine.

I know Nitro works, but I don't know about Fat(or what ever it is).

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:

wink.gif

Ok, I got the latest version of DeSmumE you sent me. I decrypted Woodr4's _DS_MENU.DAT into WOODR4.NDS with r4crypt. I set up slot 1 to be r4, told it where wood was, went to run mcds_test.nds and....
it froze.
huh.gif

I mean, wood is definately seeing directories because its not using default theme, plus i can browse the entire folder I made. What is happening!!!! All this hassel just to record and put on you-tube
wtf.gif

Also, if I run unpatched mcds_test, I get Arm9 undefined instruction errors. DLDI patching is last resort now.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
@lucasade
Okay, I tested out FAT and it officially does not work on NO$GBA. Nitro does work on this emulator though. Just helping out here.
happy.gif
Ok, hold up. Tell me what you are doing! What files, where you put them, what slot1 settings. Just anything you did to get it to work.

I got the game to run now, but no map
wtf.gif

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
lucasade said:
RoyalCardMan said:
@lucasade
Okay, I tested out FAT and it officially does not work on NO$GBA. Nitro does work on this emulator though. Just helping out here.
happy.gif
Ok, hold up. Tell me what you are doing! What files, where you put them, what slot1 settings. Just anything you did to get it to work.

I got the game to run now, but no map
wtf.gif
Well, I was able to see what files were in a specific folder. In that case, it should be able to read them. I tested it by putting the files into a folder called 'nitrofiles'. smealm could have another folder name, but putting the NDS file in the same directory as the folder worked for me.

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the game out on my R4 with Wood1.34. I really like it, but I've got some recommendations:

- Add more sensitivity for the viewing feature on the touchscreen (enough to perform an easy 180 degree turn)
- Change the jump button to the "L" button
- "B" button to remove
- "X" button to add
- "A" and "B" button to switch between different boxes quickly
- "START" button for the menu
- Support for external rams from slot-2

This way, it'll be easier to navigate the whole map, having the directional pad to move, the touch screen (extra sensitivity) to view, and the L button to jump.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Kiaku said:
- Support for external rams from slot-2
Shlow down. That is a future thing, as Smealum is currently working to get the game running off 4mb of ram.

As for control scheme, sounds comfortable
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: