Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would love simple homebrew as well hopefully a cheat program baked into a fw update
Would be great if they would implement a cheat engine the same way as GW 3DS. But I don't think its possible, since it has to rely on Switch custom firmware.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell that to windows XP, 7, 8, Ect..
While I agree with you, I still have a Windows 8, 7, XP, 2000, and 98 PC's that get used quite frequently. Why? Because emulators work, but these are games I grew up playing and not having them on actual hardware seems like a waste.

Are most of those computers valid? The ones older than 7 years, definitely not. 2000/XP/7? Barely.

Last edited by rcpd,
Reactions: A-Hacked-Soul
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered this. I plan on using the inevitable public certs/IDs/whatever if they are needed and just using the flash card in airplane mode. I believe you can download updates for cartridge games without them being inserted (someone correct me if I'm wrong), as they will show up on your home menu after recently launching them.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I preordered this. I plan on using the inevitable public certs/IDs/whatever if they are needed and just using the flash card in airplane mode. I believe you can download updates for cartridge games without them being inserted (someone correct me if I'm wrong), as they will show up on your home menu after recently launching them.
But not only on Airplane mode, once you put the card with invalid certificates YOU WILL BE BANNED when you back online, that is how the Big N telemetry works. you insert the card offline but the console make records of all certificates, games etc. and then will tell to N and N can take actions based on strange behavior.

Reactions: anon730 and BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe this will get you banned. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
-edit- impeeza beat me to it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But not only on Airplane mode, once you put the card with invalid certificates YOU WILL BE BANNED when you back online, that is how the Big N telemetry works. you insert the card offline but the console make records of all certificates, games etc. and then will tell to N and N can take actions based on strange behavior.
I'll just make a throwaway account and delete my main one from the system in that case.

EDIT: Also, this is all 1000% speculation. No one's been banned yet as only a few review copies are being used, presumably with legitimately backed up games, so there is no hard data or evidence that this will happen.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just make a throwaway account and delete my main one from the system in that case.

EDIT: Also, this is all 1000% speculation. No one's been banned yet as only a few review copies are being used, presumably with legitimately backed up games, so there is no hard data or evidence that this will happen.
Bans happen now using pirated copies even when playing offline, then going online. Not sure why you think the MIG is gonna change any of that. But yes it's all speculation right now.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: rvtr

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

It's not your account that gets banned, it's your console. You do realise your console has a serial + mac address that is unique to that console right?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bans happen now using pirated copies even when playing offline, then going online. Not sure why you think the MIG is gonna change any of that. But yes it's all speculation right now.

Bans are primarily for invalid certificates, not perfect duplicates of valid ones. Blocking valid dupes is the better practice but we will have to see what happens.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

It's not your account that gets banned, it's your console. You do realise your console has a serial + mac address that is unique to that console right?

As @mrdude states the ban is CONSOLE ban no account so you will and with a banned console no way back, Big N will never unban a console no matter what.
Post automatically merged:

In theory if you use a 1:1 copy of the original card and the same card is not used on another console AT THE SAME TIME should no be ban.

Ban is not in your account is ON THE CONSOLE so you will have not a trow away account but a trow away console

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: BigOnYa and mrdude
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As @mrdude states the ban is CONSOLE ban no account so you will and with a banned console no way back, Big N will never unban a console no matter what.

In theory if you use a 1:1 copy of the original card and the same card is not used on another console AT THE SAME TIME should no be ban.

Ban is not in your account is ON THE CONSOLE so you will have not a trow away account but a trow away console
How do you know? The thing just came out for reviewers and I haven't seen a single ban yet

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone know how to backup my games to be used in the future with migswitch. I have already a modded switch, but for online playing I still use my HOS. Would be great to generate a dump with the modded switch instead of buying also the dumper from mig.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: rvtr and Ch3ck3rM0n

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
I may be a dreamer but I trully hope once migswitch becomes widly available, some time in the future a new exploit will be discovered and hopefully, we'll be able to install CFW without a modchip.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would hardly call a banned Switch a throw away console. At least a hacked Switch. You can still install games and updates and play offline. But I agree if it's an unhacked Switch banned by use of this stupid flashcart, it can become problematic to use afterwards. The user might be forced to hack it properly with a modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol