Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Feel free to give examples
It's already been explained in a few posts, if you look back, regarding whether you use game dumps with invalid or shared certificates with the previous owner of the game. If somebody dumps a copy of their own game and then sells it, then that user could use their game on their Switch. In turn, when both copies of the same game with the same certificates are used on two consoles, it gives Nintendo a reason to ban both systems. The same can be applied when using pirated copies.

Likely, Nintendo are supposedly taking thorough measures to thwart users from using the MIG Switch. We'll see what comes out of it.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's already been explained in a few posts, if you look back, regarding whether you use game dumps with invalid or shared certificates with the previous owner of the game. If somebody dumps a copy of their own game and then sells it, then that user could use their game on their Switch. In turn, when both copies of the same game with the same certificates are used on two consoles, it gives Nintendo a reason to ban both systems. The same can be applied when using pirated copies.

Likely, Nintendo are supposedly taking thorough measures to thwart users from using the MIG Switch. We'll see what comes out of it.
I still don't see any examples of it being confirmed, just the video you posted. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just that I still haven't seen any proof that it has

Reactions: SylverReZ

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's a very real possibility, if used wrong MIG will lead to bans, has happened on the 3DS NOTHING will stop big N to do it again.

with the intended use of the MIG will be no problem at all, but using for browsing the seven seas will lead on game cartdriges ban

Reactions: BigOnYa

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country

Everything you are saying is speculation. It's a possibility. But as others have said, there are no examples. Nothing is proven. The video is clickbate. Currently nobody knows for sure what will happen if/when Nintendo take action

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything you are saying is speculation. It's a possibility. But as others have said, there are no examples. Nothing is proven. The video is clickbate. Currently nobody knows for sure what will happen if/when Nintendo take action
I know, that's why I gave an example. Its unclear whether Nintendo will take action. Don't take my word for it. ;)

Reactions: peteruk

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless, I'm not touching these things with a 9-foot pole. They're too expensive (for the same price, you could probably get your OLED modded), have all sorts of legal grey areas, and could probably get you banned.

The dumper might be useful for emulation, but if you're buying the dumper, you may as well mod your system and dump the games yourself, or just find a rom online.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless, I'm not touching these things with a 9-foot pole. They're too expensive (for the same price, you could probably get your OLED modded), have all sorts of legal grey areas, and could probably get you banned.

The dumper might be useful for emulation, but if you're buying the dumper, you may as well mod your system and dump the games yourself, or just find a rom online.
Where the hell are you getting an OLED modded for less than $70?

People gotta mail their systems out too so there’s that shipping cost to the modder too which is probably $20ish alone

It costs so much more to get a mod chip fitted

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where the hell are you getting an OLED modded for less than $70?

People gotta mail their systems out too so there’s that shipping cost to the modder too which is probably $20ish alone

It costs so much more to get a mod chip fitted
They're probably including the dumper as well. Which is kind of needed unless you already have a hacked switch.

Literally the first google result for "switch mod chip service" has a mail in offer for any model for $80.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

what?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're probably including the dumper as well. Which is kind of needed unless you already have a hacked switch.

Literally the first google result for "switch mod chip service" has a mail in offer for any model for $80.
I wouldn’t trust a random Google result to mail in an expensive system but maybe that’s just me

Most installers I see are charging a bit more than a dumper + flashcart bundle price (150ish)

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it’s due to Migswitch not being able to play digital only games, plus not being able to manually update games without going through Nintendo.

People would be surprised on price for modded switch, just google Sthetix’s. I got my OLED for around $60 over regular price, and price include mod chip plus installation. I think shipping was another $30ish, so less that $100 total.

Another plus of having a modded switch is being able to play homebrew. In which MigSwitch might not be able to ever do.

Last edited by zenjiki,

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn’t trust a random Google result to mail in an expensive system but maybe that’s just me

Most installers I see are charging a bit more than a dumper + flashcart bundle price (150ish)
Oh of course. I modded all of my systems myself. But the discussion was the cost factor of the mig compared to modchip. Which is pretty comparable in price, and the modchip offers so much more than the mig. Even if you couldnt find anyone local and had to ship your console out.

I just used a simple google search to see the cost of installs.

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s true but you have to go back to the part that you can’t play digital only releases. And the games that have been released on cartridges, most have version 1.0 of the game… meaning you’re stuck on the crappy version with bugs or update online and risk your new Switch 2 being console banned. Again not worth it for me, in my opinion.

Even more now since I’m sure Nintendo is aware the MigSwitch and they’ll do whatever it takes to not let this affect sales of the upcoming Switch 2. They probably already have something to combat the Migswitch, but probably waiting for the Switch 2 to do it.
Thats what I was thinking. If the Switch 2 is backwards compatable with existing cards thats a posibility

Last edited by zenjiki,

gamingboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I don't care about getting banned and just want to play games like Sea of Stars on the go on my switch.

Genuinely, I don't care at all if I get banned from being having to pay $$$ for just playing mario kart 8 deluxe online.. Can't name more than one game I would ever bother taking the switch off of airplane mode..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol