Hacking Mighty Channels

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
For those who are having problems with garbled graphics in the bottom of the screen, please check if you have your Wii configured in 50hz. If that's the case, change it to 60hz and try again.

i tried and it worked but then everything else looked distorted due to my tv 42LC7D

anybody have any idea well except using another tv

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
LocoRoco said:
QUOTE said:
For those who are having problems with garbled graphics in the bottom of the screen, please check if you have your Wii configured in 50hz. If that's the case, change it to 60hz and try again.

i tried and it worked but then everything else looked distorted due to my tv 42LC7D

anybody have any idea well except using another tv
Using component cables should fix this. But yes, your TV doesn't like Wii
frown.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tagg7 said:
I'm having issues with Fluidity (save file?). Anyone else have problems with this game?
Nope. In fact, this is actually one of the games I actually play rather than test with mighty channels.
tongue.gif

(note: I am on rev17...with all these things to test, I haven't gotten around to check out how things work with the rev21 bases).

@WarMarine: rev17 supports VC, yes. For more detail, check the screenshots from coreduo's earlier post.

@skater: perhaps uloader can be used as well, as it is easy to setup: just copy (or move) the nand-folders to USB:\nand\ and run uloader. The compatibility isn't 100%, though. And it may require some extra configuring to get wiiware/VC to work. But it does overcome that savegame issue that some games have (the bit series at the very least).

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for the slow loading on cIOS Rev 21, why we can't have a file created on the beginning (and a button to update it if we add new game) that list all the game on Nand in place of reading all the file on loading?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Wever said:
@skater: perhaps uloader can be used as well, as it is easy to setup: just copy (or move) the nand-folders to USB:\nand\ and run uloader. The compatibility isn't 100%, though. And it may require some extra configuring to get wiiware/VC to work. But it does overcome that savegame issue that some games have (the bit series at the very least).
Sneek method is better in my opinion, you don't have to move any files and the compatibility is 99%.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried testing it on three games via the Mighty Channels forwarder that was posted yesterday.

Bit Trip Runner: Says it needs to create a save game which it does fine, I then press A and I get garbled text all of the screen and the Wii disc slot goes blue.

Bit Trip Core: Says it needs to create a save game which it does fine, I then press A and I get black screen and the Wii disc slot goes blue.

Bomberman Blast: Works fine.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
Just tried testing it on three games via the Mighty Channels forwarder that was posted yesterday.

Bit Trip Runner: Says it needs to create a save game which it does fine, I then press A and I get garbled text all of the screen and the Wii disc slot goes blue.

Bit Trip Core: Says it needs to create a save game which it does fine, I then press A and I get black screen and the Wii disc slot goes blue.

Bomberman Blast: Works fine.
Please, when reporting post your configuration (cIOS rev, SD/USB, etc.).

It says that the savegame was created but... How many files do it says? (After the message you got, before pressing any button, there should be another message telling how many files it created.)
Did you try to run the games again? Try it, and tell me if it the message appears again or the game boots correctly.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I am running 249 rev 17 or 19 (I think). The app is on the USB drive and is talking to a USB Nand.

Pretty sure in both cases, Might Channels says 2 files were created.

Haven't had the chance to try it again yet - will post back when I do.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
I am running 249 rev 17 or 19 (I think). The app is on the USB drive and is talking to a USB Nand.

Pretty sure in both cases, Might Channels says 2 files were created.

Haven't had the chance to try it again yet - will post back when I do.
If you are running rev19 then forget about Mighty Channels.
If you are running rev17, then this is a very weird case. Please try the games whenever you have the chance.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the easiest way of working out what 249 rev you're running ?

Also, just tried loading the Bit Trip games again - same thing happened on both (but this time there was no message about making the save game file)

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
What's the easiest way of working out what 249 rev you're running ?

Also, just tried loading the Bit Trip games again - same thing happened on both (but this time there was no message about making the save game file)
Press HOME on Mighty Channels and you will see your cIOS version and revision on the lower left corner.
When you select any Bit Trip game, do you hear the banner sound before booting it?

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all : Thank you so much for this great loader
yaywii.gif

only got one little problem : tales of monkey island 1-5, just boots into a black screen..(using 250 r17 base 38)
but if i use 249 r21 base 56 it works
blink.gif

once again THX

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You call that a problem? This is the first time I hear about a game working on rev21 that didn't work on rev17
smile.gif
(those monkey island games never worked with triiforce (mr) ).

(I still stand by my suggestion to be able to load different games with different cIOS slots, btw)

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
oohh i did not know that these games did not worked before

and i forgot to mention that with r21 base 56 i got them to work, but they are very unstable (does not boot every time and sometimes they freeze) and very slow loading time

btw : i´m hoping that somebody is able to make a forwarder dol that support meta.xml arguments
smile.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
You call that a problem? This is the first time I hear about a game working on rev21 that didn't work on rev17
smile.gif
(those monkey island games never worked with triiforce (mr) ).

(I still stand by my suggestion to be able to load different games with different cIOS slots, btw)

I second this as being a great idea, if nothing else for tests of compatibility, Between savegame creation, apploader and 2 working revs of cios, sounds like we could get most every game working in some form or another
biggrin.gif

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, I have been playing around with forwarder ISOs in Wiiflow and they use Triiforce r78 to load the games from USB nand. Is there any way to do this using Mighty Channels. I love the compatibility of Mighty Channels so far (just played some Art Style Light Trax - its pretty cool) but it doesnt load using Triiforce r78 with a forward from Wiiflow. Is there any way I can setup Mighty Channels to load wiiware this way (via a forwarder)? I need to do this because my eyesight is terrible and so is my TV, I just cant see the small artwork in Mighty Channels, I can see the large boxart in Wiiflow fine. Thanks

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:

BTW, uLoader (At least for me) does not work as it requires WBFS. I switched to a FAT32 drive so no uLoader option for me anymore.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E