Microsoft E3 2018 Conference Roundup

IMG_8600.JPG

Here we go! We saw EA's conference yesterday, and now it's time for one of the big 3 to show their stuff. Microsoft will be taking the stage at 1 pm PT for their E3 2018 briefing. Already leaked ahead of the show is Nier Automata coming to the Xbox One and an Xbox One X price drop to $400. Stay tuned, because we'll be updating the thread when the show goes live!

:arrow: Watch it here (Twitch)
:arrow: Watch it here (YouTube)

Show Begins

Halo Infinite shown. Cutscene footage.

All ticket proceeds for their conference will go to the charity Gamers Outreach.

18 exclusives. 15 world premieres. 50 games to be shown.

New Ori Will of the Wisps footage.

From Software premieres a new game. Shadows Die Twice.

Todd Howard is up for Bethesda. First look at Fallout 76. Four times the size of Fallout 4. West Virginia setting. New flying enemy shown in the trailer.

Life is Strange game. Focused on a young boy who loves superheroes. Named Captain Spirit-- download on June 26.

Crackdown 3. Sizzle reel trailer.

Nier Automata coming to Xbox.

New Metro Exodus footage. Launch Feb 22 2019.

Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer. Frozen world and characters.

Sea of Thieves. Celebrating 4 million players. Forsaken Shores mentioned.

EA and Dice gives us a Cutscene video for Battlefield V.

Racing game footage...Forza Horizon 4. Set in Britain. Seasons will be a feature along with dynamic weather and time which will be synced to every single player.

Xbox is commited to IPs...both new and old.

New Microsoft Studio--The Initiative. Undead Labs is now part of Microsoft. They'll be building a zombie game franchise. Playground Games (Forza devs) were acquired by Microsoft. Playground is making a new IP. Ninja Theory was also bought out. Final purchase was Compulsion Studios.

New map for PUBG. Winter 2018.

Tales of Vesperia Definitive. Launches Winter.

Urban Warfare announced.

New Ubisoft game. Division 2.

FastStart feature to be added in a June update. Allows you to start games in Gamepass 2x faster.

Halo MCC to be added to GamePass.

ESO, Fallout 4, The Division 1 playable today for GamePass members.

Shadows of the Tomb Raider.

Skate-like IP called Sessions revealed.

Black Desert Online console trailer.

Devil May Cry 5 announced. Focused on Dante.

More Cuphead. New levels, bosses, playable character and more.

Tunic announced. Made by a single dev. Looks like Zelda but with a tiny fox.

New Jump fighting game. Jump Force. Goku Naruto and Luffy shown.

Dying Light 2 gets a reveal with a trailer. Chris Avelone will be writing. Choices will affect the world.

New BATTLETOADS in 2019.

Just Cause 4 announced, officially, this time. Dec 4 launch.

Gears POP (Funko) mobile game coming 2019.

Gears of War: Tactics and Gears 5 announced.

Cyberpunk 2077 gets some gameplay shown.

Last edited by Chary,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This has to be a massive show for MS's sake as they're getting a hiding by Sony, Switch selling like hot cakes, and their exclusives have dried up/delayed/cancelled..... Rumour has it we'll be seeing at least 15 premiers at the show - nice, but I wonder how many are [console] exclusive, and the rumour still persists of Xbox Live online going free - that'd be putting the cat among the pigeons, though I doubt it's true (more a reshuffle/combine with Game Pass)
Should be interesting anyway!

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm going to buy nier automata, one of the games I was really interested that was a ps4 "exclusive", so great in the same console I can play bayonetta and automata, Japanese games are slowly coming to the xbox one, a change in tides of the previous years

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: mightymuffy

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think Xbox live is going free but the price being sliced off a bit. I still see rumors they are now splitting the server cost with Nintendo and their other better together partners. I wouldn’t be surprised if they released xb first party titles for the switch. Either downgraded to 720p or through cloud gaming.

If xb live does drop gold, I could see them adding the two free titles a month to game pass. Like let use choose one game from the pass a month to either keep permanently or something.

Then there has been a rumor, Microsoft wants to make DLC cosmetics only on xb. No season passes, loot boxes etc. basically if you want your future titles on xb, cosmetics will be the only thing allowed.

Not sure what to believe. Only thing known for certain is Microsoft wants to change the Xbox brand and how it currently operates!

Edit: Trying to stay whelmed and not hyped for anything. We’ll know what’s going on in less then a hour!

Last edited by chartube12,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are going to have to bring their A game today, though I mostly predict it will just be third party games and maybe a few first party which are all coming to PC anyway cementing that there is no need to own an xb1

Last edited by Joe88,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think Xbox live is going free but the price being sliced off a bit. I still see rumors they are now splitting the server cost with Nintendo and their other better together partners. I wouldn’t be surprised if they released xb first party titles for the switch. Either downgraded to 720p or through cloud gaming.
Doubt that too.

I'm a Nintendo and Sony fan, so it is really weird for me when Nintendo and Microsoft does more work together. Fine with that, of course.

Then there has been a rumor, Microsoft wants to make DLC cosmetics only on xb. No season passes, loot boxes etc. basically if you want your future titles on xb, cosmetics will be the only thing allowed.
Sounds nice. Even cosmetic loot boxes, would be better than that other stuff.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an Xbox owner but I really hope Microsoft deliver in this show. As @mightymuffy said, it's long overdue and Sony and Nintendo both need some real competition to keep things fresh!
PC is the only real competition Sony and Nintendo have, and I seriously doubt Microsoft will announce anything today that isn't also coming to PC.

Reactions: Deleted User

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
More backwards catalogues of game, more kinect (like there were no games for it). Perhaps a way to stream your PC games to the Xbox One maybe? Or maybe licensed emulators?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over