1. yodamerlin

yodamerlin Bok bok.

United Kingdom
    On PC you say? I do wonder if Microsoft own the largest PC operating system, and also the largest PC operating system used for gaming........

Giotis, chirogan, mizorechan and 2 others like this.
  2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    On other news, I just bought a decent computer, I was planning to finally buy NieR Automata after suffering a long time because of it not being available on Xbox One... and now this happens.

That makes me doubt... should I get it for my new PC? Or should I get it for my Xbox?... Anyway, I am travelling to Japan next week and I don't come back until mid-July, so there is no hurry (as in "you can get it on PC right now")... It is only that they kind of messed up my resolve.

PS: But if they did one of those "buy digital on Xbox Store and you can play it on Windows also" then that will make me buy it on Xbox for sure.

3. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    Never expect that TENCHU could still have a spiritual successor!
    IT'S LIKE DARK SOULS married TENCHU then got a son named SEKIRO!!!

D1111111!

4. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Wherever it's the cheapest I guess. Steam version is half the ps4/xbox version price for me, but you can sell a physical copy of the game after you're done with it.

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    AFAIK the Xbox version is digital only nonetheless.
    And regarding the Steam version, it is 10€ more expensive than the Xbox one on this side of the pond, and it doesn't include the DLCs that are included in the Xbox version.
    (though if I go the fishy way and get a Steam key on G2A, it is less than half the price)

6. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I wonder if there will be traffic congestions in Forza Horizon 4... :D

7. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Nothing from Perfect Dark...

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Decent presentation with lots of games. Granted, only a fraction really peak my interest (Tunic, Ori and cuphead...and maybe battletoads), but that's okay. I don't cherish the illusion that I'll ever have time to play all the games.

Microsoft just doubles down on the group of gamers who care about being the first to play a game. I don't know get people are excited to be the first to play a given game either, but it's a market.

Also: I don't think many of those PC games will come to mac or linux, so I don't see the hilarity in the fact that, in the end, microsoft still makes a profit of you buying their games for their operating system. Which...honestly seems like a pretty darn good reason to show up at E3.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. mizorechan

mizorechan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    You are forgetting Microsoft owns Windows, the most used OS in the world. 90%+ of PC Gamers use it and MS only release their games on Windows (and technically they still are MS exclusives). Not all gamers are interested to play only "animu" JRPGs or story driven single player games. Not all gamers want to play their games on PC.

I don't get why some people are so desperate to see MS going bankrupt and Xbox to be extinct. The last thing the gaming community needs is a monopoly.

DrkBeam and netovsk like this.
  10. chirogan

chirogan The Engineer

Philippines
    What i like about consoles is that you have an option to bring the console itself if youre travelling far away. If you have a decent TV in your destination, especially if youll take months there. (Of course if youre willing to bring rhe extra bulk and weight. I remember i once brought my ps3 before when i travelled abroad.

11. RedoLane

RedoLane Unemployed Punmaster

Israel

GOTTA LET IT OUT! GOTTA LET IT OUT!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Conference, Microsoft, Roundup