Micro Adapter

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by J3LL0, Mar 28, 2012.

Mar 28, 2012

Micro Adapter by J3LL0 at 6:05 AM (2,104 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. J3LL0
    OP

Member J3LL0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was wondering if there is some kind of adapter i could buy so my gameboy micro can play gbc games. i know its a long shot, but is there anything like that?

2. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    No. You could play GB\C games with the Goomba emulator if you have a GBA flash cart though.

3. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    I have a Supercard mini Sd. i guess ill do that. i was just asking because my dad was hellbent on locating one.lol
    do you have links to the emu?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The GBM actually lacks GB/GBC hardware so there is little point in tracking down GBC flash cards.

Supercard miniSD..... it might work but supercards were never great for GBA use so I can not be sure it will work (a quick search looks pretty positive and if I recall it did have an old but built in version- get the real thing though) but as you asked http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

5. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the link :D
    I'm going to get an ez flash

6. elgarta

Member elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just a heads up, you might want to look up some information about using Goomba/Goomba Colour on the EZ-Flash. There are a few issues with saves becoming corrupted/disapearing on the EZ-Flash IV. But as its already been stated, no other way to do it unfortunately. Best bet would be an SP if goomba doesn't work, or even a GBC.

7. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    Thanks. I have been buying the physical games. Might not buy the ez flash anymore

8. elgarta

United States
    Ah that's fair enough. The EZ-Flash is a good card for GBA roms/backups otherwise though. So you are buying physical GBC/GB games for another gameboy that you have?

9. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    I have a gameboy micro, 2 gbc, and a ds

10. elgarta

United States
    Ah nice lol. I have an old GBC sitting around but after playing lots of handhelds that are shaped lengthways instead of hightwise like the old GB/GBC, I just can't get comfortable playing them anymore :P

11. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    GB/C use a Z80 series chip as the CPU. The Z80 is not found in GBA micro, as it is purely GBA hardware only.

12. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Regarding goomba issues those should have been sorted around this time in 2008 http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12660&start=0 and had workarounds before that.

13. elgarta

United States
    Hmm ok, I heard from some people a while back that the method mentioned above still caused corrupted saves for some games due to the size of the save state being more than 32kb or something. But if that works then it is always good!

14. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    i have been trying to get my supercard mini sd to work with goomba but i cant seem to get it down

15. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    1. Create a Goomba Color compilation like normal, using the latest 03-31-2008 version from http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php and make sure it works when you open it with VBA
    2. Run it through the Supercard patcher. In the patcher, double-click and select only the first saver patch. Output it to your hard drive and copy it over to your card.
    3. Launch the compilation and play your games. Save in-game, press L+R to finalize the save within Goomba (only really needed for 32 KB save files but it's a good practice to get into), and then use the Quick Power Cycle method of saving. You might also be able to enable the button-combination of saving instead of QPC but I have not tested this, as I normally use my Flash2Advance Ultra for playing Goomba Color, not my Supercard.

16. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    ill try i can always get the game to work just not the save

17. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    i failed once again. it just doesnt save.

18. DanTheManMS

United States
    Does the Quick Power Cycle method work for you at all? Save in-game, power off, QUICKLY power on in GBA mode, press Right to get to the Saver tab, navigate to the *.sav file on your card for the Goomba compilation, and press A twice.

19. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    no it doesnt do that. i move over to the saver and there is no save

20. DanTheManMS

United States
    Then you need to create the .sav file. Just take the one in C:\Program Files\SC\save.sav and copy and paste it to your card in the same folder as the game, and rename it to be the same name.