Micheal Avenatti Arrested For Suspected Felony Domestic Violence

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by Attacker3, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Attacker3
    OP

Attacker3 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Underground, in my mother's basement.
    Link

Stormy Daniel's lawyer and a person wanting to run in 2020 for the presidency. It's not that surprising to be honest, many people on left have an issue with this type of stuff.

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Sounds like a top-notch dumbass to me.

3. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    He's vehemently denying the charges thus far, we'll see how it plays out. Could be another Jacob Wohl special or it could be real. Either way I don't see Avenatti as a top three contender for the Dem nominee in 2020.

4. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    The Los Angeles district attorney has declined to prosecute Avenatti on these charges:

https://apnews.com/71d38227507640e796d0db0b9256f038

Which means they likely have information suggesting the charges are bogus. Speculation is that Jacob Wohl is involved, the same guy who hired a woman to smear Mueller with false sexual assault allegations.

5. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

Well, the D.A. turned down prosecution of felony charges, but referred it for consideration as a misdemeanor. Which sounds more in line with the circumstances. AFAIK California requires an aggravated circumstance for a felony domestic violence case, such as broken bones, severe soft-tissue injury (lacerations, etc), wanton disregard for life (choking w/o killing, etc), or use of a weapon.

And the D.A. is correct, the victim's statement of the incident does not support a felony (but, if found true, certainly is a misdemeanor):

Xzi likes this.
  6. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    True, but somehow I don't think we're going to see them press very hard for any charges after this. The 'evidence' is pretty flimsy in this case, given that it all happened conveniently out of the sight of security cameras. One picture of bruises that could've easily been self-inflicted does not make for a strong case.

Also, Jacob Wohl's company, 'Surefire,' claimed credit for the charges against Avenatti right after media broke the initial story. That idiot needs to be in jail.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 26, 2018
  7. Attacker3
    OP

Attacker3 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Underground, in my mother's basement.
    [​IMG]
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory!

8. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You could've used the same smaller image I did. Also it's not a conspiracy theory when something happens and then somebody immediately confesses to being behind it. There have to be a few more dots to connect and a few more unknown factors in there to make it interesting enough to be a conspiracy. Because that's what conspiracies are about: gathering interest, almost never are they about being factual.

This case is more like a quick mystery from Rick and Morty:

Here's the Tweet in which 'Surefire Intelligence' claims credit for the charges and Avenatti's arrest:

Bake 'em away toys.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 27, 2018