USB Loader GX 2 of the same games (one moded)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ChaseMaxwell, May 18, 2013.

1. ChaseMaxwell
    OP

ChaseMaxwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    Is it possible to have 2 of the same games on 1 loader. One of them being slightly modded. If so, how?

2. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    If the one slightly modded uses a different ID than the original, sure. If they share the same ID one will overwrite the other savefile (I think the Games ID is what determines the save ID, I could be wrong).

3. LoganK93

LoganK93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2012
    United States
    It depends on the game I think. I have two copies of Mario Kart Wii, one modded (MINE01) and one not (RMCE01) yet they share a save file. However my nsmb hacks each have seperate saves.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You can use USBLoaderGX to defined a different (and custom) GameID to your game before adding the second ISO or wbfs to your HDD.

1. Settings > GUI > Display : Both
    2. Go to List layout (the first layout of the loader, with cover on the left and game names listed on the right)
    3. Click on the GameID bellow the games Cover you want to modify and enter a new GameID.

you can now install another copy of the same game, both games will be listed at the same time.
    You can rename the game Title if you want to add "modded" or anything else.

1. Settings > GUI > Window mode : Rotating disc
    2. Click on a game to open the rotating disc
    3. click on the name at the top of the rotating disc window to edit the Title.

If you use an existing gameID, and if you use GameTDB renaming feature, your title could be replaced by the existing title in the database.
    There's a cache feature you can enable or disable for game Titles. If the cache is enabled, it will store your edited title in the cache.bin file and will use it instead of gameTDB title.

For save files, it depends on games, if the path is hardcoded in the game or using the game's header gameID.

I started a "allow duplicated game" feature when I worked on gameCube multiDisc, but I reverted all changes as it was harder than I thought. But if I have time I will try to make a nice implementation to have multiple games with the same ID listed in the loader. (I wanted to make a single game listed, and a menu selection to select the modded version)