MGS HD Collection will include Metal Gear 1&2

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
November 8th for America, towards the end of November for Europe.

I am so glad this is not a PS3 exclusive; I would've figured Sony would've tried some sort of shenanigans to keep Peace Walker to themselves. Now I just need to get a working 360...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno how they can release this and at the same time release MGS3 on its own for 3DS. At least they could include Ghost Babel.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
MGS 3D now looks like pathetic crap. I really believe Kojima Productions will neglect that.

Anyways this pack is awesome, definite buy for me.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guild McCommunist said:
5 games for the price of one?

Yeah, buying this and playing with some friends. My biggest hope is either local or online play for Peace Walker.
Guild? Is that you? I expected something more like...

"Bah, remakes. They expect me to pay even more money for games I've already bought and payed twice each. Unless there's some radical new content, I can't justify a purchase"

Maybe the MGS series is exempt from such reasoning. I wouldn't blame you.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Guild McCommunist said:
5 games for the price of one?

Yeah, buying this and playing with some friends. My biggest hope is either local or online play for Peace Walker.
Guild? Is that you? I expected something more like...

"Bah, remakes. They expect me to pay even more money for games I've already bought and payed twice each. Unless there's some radical new content, I can't justify a purchase"

laugh.gif

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Aug 13 2011, 12:51 AM)
MGS 3D now looks like pathetic crap. I really believe Kojima Productions will neglect that.

Anyways this pack is awesome, definite buy for me.
I keep reading about them adding more stuff in from other metal gear, but
the should just make a mini Metal Gear 3D Collection.

Port/Remake all Metal Gears that 3DS can handle, but whatever.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yes.

As cool as the 3DS MGS3 port was looking, it's difficult to overlook that, for the same or around the same price, I can get a prettier version plus 4 other games.

I'm curious if Kojima will add anything to the handheld version to compensate for this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
I'm curious if Kojima will add anything to the handheld version to compensate for this.

I don't think Kojima's involved in the 3DS version. Otherwise I think he'd be facepalming quite hard.

But I do agree, the 3DS version is just silly now. If it's really a case of "Well I don't have a PS3/Xbox 360" then you probably made some really bad purchases.

QUOTE(Midna @ Aug 13 2011, 09:44 AM) Guild? Is that you? I expected something more like...

This also doesn't seem as half assed. It's at least the special edition of one game, plus basically 4 others, for the price of one. MGS is also an amazing series and Peace Walker in the package really changes a lot of things (especially being able to expand upon its multiplayer and having the dual analogs really makes it a different playing experience). I'm usually pretty annoyed by lazy ports and remakes (like MGS3D) but this one seems to be adding enough bang for your buck.

If they add Metal Gear Online from MGS3 Subsistence then I'll be blown away. I doubt they will though.

EDIT: Side note for all, the MGS2: Subsistence version is also featured.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
This also doesn't seem as half assed. It's at least the special edition of one game, plus basically 4 others, for the price of one. MGS is also an amazing series and Peace Walker in the package really changes a lot of things (especially being able to expand upon its multiplayer and having the dual analogs really makes it a different playing experience). I'm usually pretty annoyed by lazy ports and remakes (like MGS3D) but this one seems to be adding enough bang for your buck.

If they add Metal Gear Online from MGS3 Subsistence then I'll be blown away. I doubt they will though.

EDIT: Side note for all, the MGS2: Subsistence version is also featured.
Don't forget! It's going to be in 60 FPS.

I'd be all over this, if I didn't buy the MGS Essential collection (1,2,3 in one collection. It was released around when MGS4 came out).

Dear Konami. ANY NEW CONTENT FOR ZOE COLLECTION AND SILLENT HILL COLLECTION? I will literally buy 4 copies of both.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also an Ultimate edition coming out that does features the original MGS and MGS4 (for the PS3 exclusively, obviously). May be Europe only (only found the news on Eurogamer).

The Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection adds Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

In total, then, you'll receive MGS4, MGS3 (Subsistence), MGS2, MGS1 (via PSN download code), Peace Walker, MG1 and MG2.

Zavvi has snapped up the world exclusive rights to the Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection. It costs £69.85.

The MGS Ultimate HD Collection is only available on PS3 at Zavvi.

Zavvi promotes a release date of 25th November. We're double-checking this with the publisher.

The Ultimate HD Collection of Metal Gear Solid comes in Steelbook casing. Each copy is individually numbered to make you feel extra special.

Five PSN art cards are thrown in for free as well.

In Japan, the standard MGS HD Collection includes a code for the Game Archives version of Metal Gear Solid 1. Presumably that's the same code offered in the Ultimate HD Collection.

The standard Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will also be available on Xbox 360. [/p]

Source

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
There's also an Ultimate edition coming out that does features the original MGS and MGS4 (for the PS3 exclusively, obviously). May be Europe only (only found the news on Eurogamer).

-Snip-
O_O if it turns out to come out stateside, you just made my day.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:

The Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection adds Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

In total, then, you'll receive MGS4, MGS3 (Subsistence), MGS2, MGS1 (via PSN download code), Peace Walker, MG1 and MG2.

Zavvi has snapped up the world exclusive rights to the Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection. It costs £69.85.

Zavvi promotes a release date of 25th November. We're double-checking this with the publisher.

The Ultimate HD Collection of Metal Gear Solid comes in Steelbook casing. Each copy is individually numbered to make you feel extra special.

In Japan, the standard MGS HD Collection includes a code for the Game Archives version of Metal Gear Solid 1. Presumably that's the same code offered in the Ultimate HD Collection.

The standard Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will also be available on Xbox 360. [/p]
The power of Bluray I suppose?
tongue.gif

If this will be released for the PSV I will be like... "HOLY CRAP YOU MADE MY DAY X999999999"
I don't think the spoiler will happen... These MGS games are much more enjoyable on a home console.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
The power of Bluray I suppose?
tongue.gif

If this will be released for the PSV I will be like... "HOLY CRAP YOU MADE MY DAY X999999999"
I don't think the spoiler will happen... These MGS games are much more enjoyable on a home console.

MGS4 is also massively sized and PS3 exclusive. MGS is also only available for download on the PSN Store.

As for a Vita port, highly unlikely. Try fitting all of these games on a bunch of 4GB carts, unless they made it a massive downloadable title.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
That ultimate collection sounds nice but I already have MGS4 and MGS1 so I don't think I'll get it. If it was twin snakes then I would probably be more inclined to get it
tongue.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Source

damn that sucks for us usa peeps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1