prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Y8N0t.jpg
Hideo Kojima has announced via twitter that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will include the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. There won't be a product code for Metal Gear 1, but considering MGS3 is subsistence specification...Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake will be included.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source
Five games... Godly collection.
Still a shame MGS1 isn't included, will have to buy it from PSN and play them in order.

The Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection adds Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

In total, then, you'll receive MGS4, MGS3 (Subsistence), MGS2, MGS1 (via PSN download code), Peace Walker, MG1 and MG2.

Zavvi has snapped up the world exclusive rights to the Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection. It costs £69.85.

The MGS Ultimate HD Collection is only available on PS3 at Zavvi.

Zavvi promotes a release date of 25th November. We're double-checking this with the publisher.

The Ultimate HD Collection of Metal Gear Solid comes in Steelbook casing. Each copy is individually numbered to make you feel extra special.

Five PSN art cards are thrown in for free as well.

In Japan, the standard MGS HD Collection includes a code for the Game Archives version of Metal Gear Solid 1. Presumably that's the same code offered in the Ultimate HD Collection.

The standard Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will also be available on Xbox 360. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
That's friggin awesome.
ohmy.gif

So... one thing that STILL bothers me. Are these the original versions (Sons of Liberty and Snake Beater Eater or are these the remakes (Substance and Subsistence) with the "proper" names? I will be legitimately sad if I can't play the Skateboarding minigame.
hateps3.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
That's friggin awesome.
ohmy.gif

So... one thing that STILL bothers me. Are these the original versions (Sons of Liberty and Snake Beater Eater or are these the remakes (Substance and Subsistence) with the "proper" names? I will be legitimately sad if I can't play the Skateboarding minigame.
hateps3.gif
I would suspect they're the originals due to the fact that they had to put in the news that MG 1+2 were being added when they are in Subsistence already. That said they are on a separate disk in Subsistence so it's just a theory.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Schlupi said:
That's friggin awesome.
ohmy.gif

hateps3.gif
MGS3 will be Subsistence, don't think they've said anything about MGS2 yet.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering why collections like these never seem to include the original game. Silent Hill did it as well. Marketed as the Silent Hill Complete Collection, yet it was missing...uhh...Silent Hill. Seems kinda derp to not have the original Metal Gear Solid on this, preferably the Twin Snakes remake as it's rare as hell these days.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Schlupi said:
That's friggin awesome.
ohmy.gif

hateps3.gif
MGS3 will be Subsistence, don't think they've said anything about MGS2 yet.
They said that? SWEET...wait...crap. I just wasted money on Subsistence a month before this was announced...

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
5 games for the price of one?

Yeah, buying this and playing with some friends. My biggest hope is either local or online play for Peace Walker.
Also the DLC songs.
Can't forget about them DLC songs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended