Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Voting No because the Metroid games are Grade-A garbage and would rather play literally anything else
The last two Metroid games are/will be indeed mostly garbage (Federation Force no Samus as a main character? You are shooting yourself in the foot here Nintendo), but I finished Zero Mission (original GBA remake) recently, and I do have to say, it's quite a good game.

Reactions: I pwned U!

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The last two Metroid games are/will be indeed mostly garbage (Federation Force no Samus as a main character? You are shooting yourself in the foot here Nintendo), but I finished Zero Mission (original GBA remake) recently, and I do have to say, it's quite a good game.

You should play Metroid Fusion. It's my favourite of all Metroid games :)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man this rocks, I've never played to any 2D metroid games seriously but this looks very cool and I'd definitely be willing to give it a try because of the graphical improvements and the assists on the second screen that'd help me not always feeling lost...

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it needs to feel more Super metroid/Fusion like in movments of samus

by god no, as much of an improvement over 1 and 2 super metroid was, both it and fusion had really clunky controls compared to the heavenly controls of zero mission

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why? samus is a mostly quiet character up until fusion and other m, and both times people reacted negatively when she wasn't a stupid non-character character.
what does it even matter if she's not the character you control?
the big question will be, how good this game is, gameplay wise, compared to the other metroid prime games. i honestly couldn't care less about the samus thing.

Reactions: Deleted User

jbr373

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This looks nice.
I have not yet have time to play this, but in general, are you using like, zero mission controls and physics, or will you stick to metroid 2s hobbled controls instead?

Zero Mission will be what I'm going for. I will do some adjustments, however. One thing that's different is the ability to aim when holding the L Button

it needs to feel more Super metroid/Fusion like in movments of samus
But there are many people who already has said that it needs movements more like of Samus

Controls should generally be better in the next Build. I did read those suggestions and fixed things up a little - stuff like being able to cancel jumping straight up by moving left / right on the C-Pad is now possible, just like in Zero Mission (can't believe I missed that)

TCPixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start by saying, WOW. This is a really feature filled demo! I was quite surprised to see the effort and depth of this homebrew, nice job jbr373. I created a video playing and checking out the different features in the tech demo for anyone who wants to see the gameplay and more insight on the depth of it. I look forward to more updates, best of luck!

jbr373

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Let me start by saying, WOW. This is a really feature filled demo! I was quite surprised to see the effort and depth of this homebrew, nice job jbr373. I created a video playing and checking out the different features in the tech demo for anyone who wants to see the gameplay and more insight on the depth of it. I look forward to more updates, best of luck!

Thanks for this! And don't worry, I've reworked the whole jumping mechanics already!

I also updated the Original Post with more information and screenshots, you can expect a new Build soon!

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One suggestion, although I haven't actually played this yet (trust me, I will once new build is up), from the screenshots the graphics look like they've been hit with a blur filter pretty hard. Might I suggest going for the more pixelated effect, or possibly having an eventual option to choose between the two?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm on the seefood diet... So far I've gained 30 pounds