Gaming metal gear solid 3ds 2012 winter?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
heartgold said:
You didn't see the stunning tech demo rendered by the system at the e3 2010? Clearly if they remade it properly they could achieve that, this is just a simple lazy port.

Remaking takes time. Porting is easy. They're not gonna give the 3DS special privileges when MGS3 is just getting ported to literally almost every platform (Xbox 360, PS3, Vita, and 3DS).
I was just saying, if there was effort put it, it wouldn't have framerate and visual issues. Most other 3DS games are looking 5x better than this.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
heartgold said:
You didn't see the stunning tech demo rendered by the system at the e3 2010? Clearly if they remade it properly they could achieve that, this is just a simple lazy port.

Remaking takes time. Porting is easy. They're not gonna give the 3DS special privileges when MGS3 is just getting ported to literally almost every platform (Xbox 360, PS3, Vita, and 3DS).
Even then, all,but the 3DS have a collection of MGS. That what got me bothered.

I know they are supporting us with new games, but pricing this at $40 and then going back around pricing a MGS collection at $40-50
doesn't seem right.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know whether it's the rushing that is making the game look so shitty. It may be that Konami just sent it off to a cheaper amateurish division that doesn't know what they're doing. I'm inclined to think it might just be the latter though. I guess we don't know exactly when the game started development, but the Naked Sample demo was shown at E3 2010. So assuming development on the port began soon afterwards, that's well over a year and a half of time that they had to make it. Porting a game decently shouldn't take that long. I'm more inclined to say that the team handling it is just lazy or don't know what they're doing.

Regardless though, in the right hands and with proper development time, there's no reason the game couldn't look and run just as good as the PS2 original. Better in fact, they seem to be completely squandering the 3DS' advanced shader hardware (even seen in Naked Sample).

From the footage, even the lighting is worse. 3DS can do normal mapping, self shadowing, real time soft shadows, hdr lighting, etc. Normal mapping coupled with good lighting and shadows could even have supplemented lower polygon models if need be. The only scene i've seen using any sort of 3DS specific shader effects is the skydiving cutscene on Snake's jumpsuit (and that is literally the only part of the game that looks better than the PS2 version). At the very least, 3DS is a beast at lighting and normal mapping. There's no excuse for the PS2 to come out on top in the lighting department.

I don't mean to sound like a troll, but that's honestly how it stands. 3DS is superior to the PS2 spec wise, far superior. To make a bad joke- Capcom does what Konamisn't.
glare.gif

I'd be very glad indeed to be proven wrong and have the game become competent during the remaining months before release. I don't expect to be wrong though, game hasn't gotten any better since E3. Though i have seen dramatic last minute cleanups before. It would still be upstaged by the Vita port, but at the very least it could become a competent port of the PS2 version if they're even going to bother porting it to the 3DS...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I came across this online - TGS demo impressions:

QUOTE said:
Visually, Snake Eater 3D is hit or miss. While playing the game, visuals look quite nice and the frame rate is consistent. However, when the game engages into cut scenes, it can at times be choppy. It can definitely use some work before the final release hits store shelves.

From here

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gameplay video shown at TGS show otherwise about the framerate. Nothing seems to have changed at all. The video i posted above here shows massive framerate drops in both gameplay and especially the cutscenes.

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why the hell all good 3DS games are so late.
Mario, MGS, Kingdom Hearts, Layton vs Attorney...
Everyone was saying that 3DS is "must have" when they were announced. 3DS is out for months and games are not here.

First, the games should be almost finished, then announce console...

And now Nintendo is wondering why nobody buys 3DS.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Seeing this as an unfinished product, I won't say much (the release date in Japan is also 2012 apparently). But these trailers and such certainly drained my hopes of a can-be wonderful metal gear for the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1