Sony lists 'Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater' and 'Silent Hill 2' for 2024 release on PS5

ps 2024.jpg

We've just entered a new year and this means new games to look forward to. In anticipation of new games coming to the PS5 this year, Sony has published a blog post and a video to hype up what it calls " the biggest games coming to PS5 in 2024". These include anticipated titles such as Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Dragon's Dogma 2; but interestingly, Sony also includes among this list two of Konami's remakes, namely Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater and Silent Hill 2.

Publisher Konami has itself not provided official release windows for either of these games but according to Sony, we might be able to play them this year. However, an exact release date for these remakes have yet to be announced and delays might not be out of the question.

:arrow: SOURCE

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I don't know if it's just me, but gaming is starting to become disappointing. If it isn't the buggy nature each title keeps bringing, it's the fact that there's nothing really to look forward to, it's starting to become much like the film industry, mostly trash with the occasional gem every once in a while. Nothing really innovative anymore, everything is about hardware power, but what the fuck is power when it's not even used correctly, and if nothing is offered to really define the damn systems expected of us to be interested in, then what is the point of them? What the hell is wrong with media man? Has mankind seriously gone so far off the deep end that we just can't get shit right anymore? Between idiotic consumers and greedy corporations, both quite lacking any soul in anything anymore, I'm starting to question if there's anything to look forward to anymore where gaming is concerned, maybe it's becoming time to throw in the towel. We have priorities in all the wrong places, so much money is wasted, so many useless entries, dare of say hardware, too much for us to even know what good to do with.

Gaming is dying, slowly, and painfully. Much like many other aspects of media. This hurts to hear and watch.

Reactions: Drona and Marc_LFD

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I don't know if it's just me, but gaming is starting to become disappointing. If it isn't the buggy nature each title keeps bringing, it's the fact that there's nothing really to look forward to, it's starting to become much like the film industry, mostly trash with the occasional gem every once in a while. Nothing really innovative anymore, everything is about hardware power, but what the fuck is power when it's not even used correctly, and if nothing is offered to really define the damn systems expected of us to be interested in, then what is the point of them? What the hell is wrong with media man? Has mankind seriously gone so far off the deep end that we just can't get shit right anymore? Between idiotic consumers and greedy corporations, both quite lacking any soul in anything anymore, I'm starting to question if there's anything to look forward to anymore where gaming is concerned, maybe it's becoming time to throw in the towel. We have priorities in all the wrong places, so much money is wasted, so many useless entries, dare of say hardware, too much for us to even know what good to do with.

Gaming is dying, slowly, and painfully. Much like many other aspects of media. This hurts to hear and watch.
It's been like that for a while, I'd rather a game come out late than buggy as hell but what's irritating is these companies announcing games like a year early just to be told it's going to launch another year down the road. Plus with remakes when we already have dozens of methods to play them already. Just announce it when it's ready and release it like a month later instead of trying to build up hype and making us wait longer. I don't think its dying just that you can only build a bridge so high. They can only do so much with the handful of engines they actually have. Maybe use Ai on the corporate side and come up with new unique engines, portables we can actually afford, vr head sets that don't suck and doesn't have to be $500 per launch etc...

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's quite sad that most AAA games in this generation are either remakes, remasters or sequels. I can't think of any AAA games at all that are new IPs
Risk. Companies hate it.

Why take a jump with an original idea when you can milk nostalgia and/or profit off a readymade attention-grabber?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Risk. Companies hate it.

Why take a jump with an original idea when you can milk nostalgia and/or profit off a readymade attention-grabber?
Oh yes, I'm completely aware of the reason why, it's just, as a nearly 40 year old veteran gamer, it's a bit disheartening.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been like that for a while, I'd rather a game come out late than buggy as hell but what's irritating is these companies announcing games like a year early just to be told it's going to launch another year down the road. Plus with remakes when we already have dozens of methods to play them already. Just announce it when it's ready and release it like a month later instead of trying to build up hype and making us wait longer. I don't think its dying just that you can only build a bridge so high. They can only do so much with the handful of engines they actually have. Maybe use Ai on the corporate side and come up with new unique engines, portables we can actually afford, vr head sets that don't suck and doesn't have to be $500 per launch etc...
Limitations may exist with the inventions we create, however what man seems to keep forgetting is, while there is a limit to such things, there's also the fact we don't actually bring forth the full potential of what we create either. No developer knows or pushes things to its true potential the first time around, this progress takes time to achieve. We just never seem to find it with most things, gaming being no different from that. These developers have been doing this shit for quite a long time now. We haven't really evolved with it, and no, pretty lights and a behemoth space heater sitting in a computer doesn't count lol (that's a regression).

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, I'm completely aware of the reason why, it's just, as a nearly 40 year old veteran gamer, it's a bit disheartening.
The stealth genre is more or less dead so I guess we should be somewhat grateful to see "new" MGS games. 😕

Also, the fact the last Splinter Cell game we got was Blacklist was pretty disappointing because Michael Ironside didn't voice him so it didn't feel like a genuine SC game. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?