Is a Metal Gear Solid 4 60fps patch possible?

ragnarok_approaches123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
According to recent rumours on the internet, it's likely that a Metal Gear Solid 4 port will come to the Switch in the next year or two. An overclocked Switch should be capable of running the game at 60fps in handheld mode. Does the game have physics tied to framerate or anything else which makes a 60fps patch too much effort to bother with?

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
a 60 fps patch on ps3 hardware is not possible.

if they could've ran the game at 60 they would've. from what I understand the devs squeezed out every bit of the hardware they could.

if you wanna play at 60 your best bet is a pc with rpcs3.

and about the switch port I doubt they would port the game since for one mgs4 was made specifically for the ps3s cell architecture and porting it would be a nightmare. best bet is they remake the game from the ground up and charge us 70 bones for it with no switch version.

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
a 60 fps patch on ps3 hardware is not possible.

if they could've ran the game at 60 they would've. from what I understand the devs squeezed out every bit of the hardware they could.

if you wanna play at 60 your best bet is a pc with rpcs3.

and about the switch port I doubt they would port the game since for one mgs4 was made specifically for the ps3s cell architecture and porting it would be a nightmare. best bet is they remake the game from the ground up and charge us 70 bones for it with no switch version.
https://www.gamereactor.eu/metal-gear-solid-4-was-running-beautifully-on-xbox-360-1277753/

"Metal Gear Solid 4 was 'running beautifully' on Xbox 360"

It finally came out exclusively for PS3, but if it was running on 360 I doubt it's such an "exotic" ps3 version as they wanted to sell us. So yes, I see it very likely that we'll see it on Switch in the next compilation.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
According to recent rumours on the internet, it's likely that a Metal Gear Solid 4 port will come to the Switch in the next year or two. An overclocked Switch should be capable of running the game at 60fps in handheld mode. Does the game have physics tied to framerate or anything else which makes a 60fps patch too much effort to bother with?

"That's a nice rumor you have there @ragnarok_approaches123, why don't you back it up with a source?"
Nevermind found it myself:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1