Homebrew Memory Pit - A new DSi exploit for DSi camera!

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome and I've already done it but I have one question. How and where would I put a NDS game in the SD card to play it?
We can't tell you where to get games, you have to find them yourself.

If you followed https://dsi.cfw.guide and installed TWiLight Menu++, you would place the ROMs just about anywhere on the card (the root works just fine, but it may get unorganized) and can run it from there.

Reactions: Alexander1970

carrieshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need to access the album.

Unless you mean, the app itself.
my dsi wasn't mine to begin with, bought it for like 8 or 9 bucks, replaced the wifi part, but the camera has never worked on it, always giving me a error and makes me shut the system off. I'll give this a try in a bit to see if I can use this method as I don't have flipnote

carrieshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which region and on what software version is your DSi please ?
I believe the DSi is from the USA, and firmware 1.4.5U
20190614_122201.jpg

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello:)

Thank you for the info.

Can you access the Camera on DSi Start Launcher with "L" or "R" Button ? To get sure your camera is not faulty.

Is "Flipnote" maybe installed on it ? If YES then you can use the Flipnote Exploit to softmod your DSi.:)

Did you try a "Factory Reset" of your Dsi ? That sadly includes the loss of installad/downloaded DSiWare Apps.

Maybe you can try a Software Update on your DSi ? Yes, your DSi is already on the latest but you can try it.

An other possibility is maybe a loose cable/contact inside (maybe from a drop).:unsure:

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

carrieshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello:)

Thank you for the info.

Can you access the Camera on DSi Start Launcher with "L" or "R" Button ? To get sure your camera is not faulty.

Is "Flipnote" maybe installed on it ? If YES then you can use the Flipnote Exploit to softmod your DSi.:)

Did you try a "Factory Reset" of your Dsi ? That sadly includes the loss of installad/downloaded DSiWare Apps.

Maybe you can try a Software Update on your DSi ? Yes, your DSi is already on the latest but you can try it.

An other possibility is maybe a loose cable/contact inside (maybe from a drop).:unsure:

Anyway to access the camera causes that error, and I am not sure if it is a loose cable or where the cable would be located in the DSi till I take it apart again. The DSi never had Flipnote from when I bought it to repair. Not sure how to do a Factory Reset as well, and I already tried the software update

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Factory reset - DSi settings - on Screen 4 the LAST option.
Please note: all installed/downloaded DSiWare is maybe lost.:)

By the way: your DSi is "untouched" i mean no Unlauncher or other Custom software is installed ?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
yeah none of that, and ah so I already tried that factory reset
You said you bought this DSi second hand, correct?

You might want to go to the Dsi Shop then
Start Shopping --> Settings --> Titles You've Downloaded
Then scroll through the pages and see if Flipnote Studio is there. Factory resets don't delete tickets on the DSi; so if the previous owner downloaded it, you're in luck.

I've found a flipnote studio on 2/3 used dsi's i've purchased in this manner.
Here's the Flipnote Lenny download page if you get lucky.

Last edited by zoogie,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do you maybe have a Game that uses the Camera ? To test if the Camera is faulty (i assume/suspect it...).:unsure:

A faulty WiFi Module falls away of Internet is ok.You said you have tried the DSi Software Update.

carrieshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you maybe have a Game that uses the Camera ? To test if the Camera is faulty (i assume/suspect it...).:unsure:

A faulty WiFi Module falls away of Internet is ok.You said you have tried the DSi Software Update.
Yeah I did replace the wifi thing already with a new one to make the system work at all in the first place, and I still have to figure out how hard it'll be to fix the camera

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative