Hacking Megaman 10 RegionFree It's not happening

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So Megaman 10 Does not run in FreeTheWads at all... is there any other way to get it region free?

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i realise that, but im talking about region free-ing it.. i fixed it anyway, probably one of the weakest piracy stunts nintendo have pulled.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rizzod said:
i realise that, but im talking about region free-ing it.. i fixed it anyway, probably one of the weakest piracy stunts nintendo have pulled.

And the fix was?

Maybe might help out somebody else down the track.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Interesting...

I'll "acquire" this, and see if I can get it working. If not, I'll fix it, and if this is the case, I'll share the fix.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
Interesting...

I'll "acquire" this, and see if I can get it working. If not, I'll fix it, and if this is the case, I'll share the fix.

The OP said he couldn't get it to run in freethewads, he prob just hex edited the region flag, can't remember it off the top of my head but sure you'll find it, or maybe he tried showmiiwads. Dunno what the big secret is, but I look forward to your simple explanation
rolleyes.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so you want everyone else to SHARE what they have and help you and you don't care if they get fined but you are not even gona help? thats cool
wink.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Title ID is WRXE08.

As for rizzed's secret, there isn't one. The game works fine. I used wad manager to install fine (use cIOS249 rev17 or lower, or rev18 base 38), and then it ran fine. I have 4.2E with priiloader, with "Region Free EVERYTHING" hack enabled.

So FreeTheWads should work fine. If not use wwpacker, or edit the tmd yourself with a hex editor, resign, and repack.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe region changing the wad doesn't work anymore, could be that nintendo did improve their security in that point. But just not doing anything to the wad and using a region free hack for VC/WiiWare(or just everything) is the way i would have expected to work. If the game wasn't NTSC, now we would still get people complaining that it doesn't work.(black&white due to crappy tv)

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pal version made with showmiiwads and ntsc worked fine for me ntsc version. didnt need to dl ios56, think i installed it with band hero and gh5

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OMG it's soooo simple: Just use AnyRegionChanger, set your Consoles GameRegion, VideoOutput, SystemRegion and Language to USA, NTSC and English and it will work.

I know, this is a SemiBrick, but who cares?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night