GBA Translation Need help in translating Megaman Zero GBA.

bachnewacc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, I'm a big fan of Megaman Zero franchise so I want to have a Vietnamese translation for it to disseminate it to all players in my country. I have redrawn the Font and found dumped Text on Google but still can't find the way to redump it. I can't even open Cartographer and I don't know much about "pointer" to make my text longer. I have 0 experience in this so can anyone help me, please? :')

Traceytrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have programming experience? If not, getting text in and out of the game will almost certainly require it. I can't speak for general tools such as Cartographer/Atlas, but it would be wishful thinking to assume they would get the job done without a hitch.

Luckily, since you have text dumped from the game already, you can start translating it anytime you like. If you are able to finish that, then you will have a deep appreciation for the kind of work that goes into a translation hack and learning how to put the text back into the game will be a cakewalk in comparison.

In regards to learning the ins and outs of all that jazz, https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/ is an incredibly useful resource, though it's definitely not something you sit down and read in it's entirety. More like something you consult routinely.

If you need someone else to do the hacking portion of the work, then you will have a much, MUCH easier time recruiting a romhacker if you already have a completed script.

I have my own project going, so I cannot personally help you beyond this advice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto