• Likes 278

EgyptianRaptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello, I ran into a strange problem.
I just downloaded the files using the magnet link on the drive. I just checked the 3 different hashes for every downloaded archive part and each of them is right. When I try tu extract the binary file, I get an error saying that archive part 001 is corrupted. Can someone help me with this?

If you wish to contact me you can add me on discord: Captn138#0505 but tell me here so I will accept you

This is what it looks like with 7-zip and WinRar
View attachment 212723
View attachment 212724
winrar error is in french. Litteral translation is: "Control sum error in ...\medicat.20.06.bin. The file is corrupted"

EDIT: I performed my actions with antivirus disabled

I would recommend re downloading. I downloaded the files and extracted with 7Zip normally. Maybe you have an HDD error.

1st try to do a checkdisk and restart your computer (the one that you have the compressed file on) making sure that it is NTFS of course since fat 32 only supports files up to 4 GBs. if you left the files in their downloaded folder first try to re-download the torrent again so if it found an error in the the files it will fix and try to force check in torrent application so it would re check the downloaded files against the torrent on the internet.

Sure hope that this helps as I know the frustration of downloading huge files again. :) Happened to my with Call of Duty and I was ssoooo pissed.

Good Luck

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I ran into a strange problem.
I just downloaded the files using the magnet link on the drive. I just checked the 3 different hashes for every downloaded archive part and each of them is right. When I try tu extract the binary file, I get an error saying that archive part 001 is corrupted. Can someone help me with this?

If you wish to contact me you can add me on discord: Captn138#0505 but tell me here so I will accept you

This is what it looks like with 7-zip and WinRar
View attachment 212723
View attachment 212724
winrar error is in french. Litteral translation is: "Control sum error in ...\medicat.20.06.bin. The file is corrupted"

EDIT: I performed my actions with antivirus disabled
I'm not sure what could be going on, but have you tried downloading a fresh 001 file from either Google drive or mega? That might fix it, just in case it somehow got corrupted.

aelfwine88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Changelog:
"Renamed the OSImages folder to "Windows_Installers", so people can drop their Windows installation ISOs in here"

Damn... how will I add my Linux installers now..? :P

Captn138

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure what could be going on, but have you tried downloading a fresh 001 file from either Google drive or mega? That might fix it, just in case it somehow got corrupted.
I just redownloaded it and I still have the error. I checked my disk but it's a brand new M.2 SSD and as expected, no problems

Castyrael

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Jayro Hello and awesome job as always with Medicat. One question: I've created medicat 20.5 with my external HDD instead of USB stick, because of the size of it (64Gb), than, i've created another partition with the rest of my data. With the new 20.6 version, can i update the current medicat I have in another way? Since if i use imageusb again, it will destroy me entire disk?

Maybe only overwrite the files on EFI and Medicat partitions?

Thanks in advance.

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Seem the mini windows cannot be boot successfully. Anyone have same issue?
The file is quite big. So I use a 128G USB drive for safe. (think it use up 61G+, not sure if 64G USB drive is enough).

Last edited by Chansm,

BuxB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not home right now to test this, but what are you getting at?
I am 100% positive you are aware that 3x Gigs is a *huge* download, esp. if it's stuffed with xy% free- or shareware, and even more so for those who simply don't have a high speed and/or high capacity connection, depending on location and/or contract. For those a LITE version with ONLY your work + premium content makes a LOT of sense.

Since you know best what's your work and premium content, that's why I asked you for this simple thing
- on your hard disk, duplicate your Medicat folder
- remove every freeware .iso or alike which everybody could download themselves and just put into the appropriate spot as is/ without modification
- 7zip that folder up with max. compression

How many GB do you get?
Do you have all information now, Jayro?

John69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reference, the MAGNET LINK on page 1 is incorrect with a simple typo.
Took me 30 minutes to understand why it wasn't working in my torrent client.
You have: magnet/?xt=urn:btih:0F093A98565C20B1EC170FFDCA9F86DE7CC07255
It should be: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0F093A98565C20B1EC170FFDCA9F86DE7CC07255

A / instead of a : is all it takes to break it.

Apart from this, it downloaded in about 5 hours for me, then another hour to unzip it into a single .bin file, then another 30 minutes to burn to my 64GB USB stick. Well worth the effort! Thanks!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro Hello and awesome job as always with Medicat. One question: I've created medicat 20.5 with my external HDD instead of USB stick, because of the size of it (64Gb), than, i've created another partition with the rest of my data. With the new 20.6 version, can i update the current medicat I have in another way? Since if i use imageusb again, it will destroy me entire disk?

Maybe only overwrite the files on EFI and Medicat partitions?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, overwriting the files on both partitions is the best non-destructive method.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For reference, the MAGNET LINK on page 1 is incorrect with a simple typo.
Took me 30 minutes to understand why it wasn't working in my torrent client.
You have: magnet/?xt=urn:btih:0F093A98565C20B1EC170FFDCA9F86DE7CC07255
It should be: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0F093A98565C20B1EC170FFDCA9F86DE7CC07255

A / instead of a : is all it takes to break it.

Apart from this, it downloaded in about 5 hours for me, then another hour to unzip it into a single .bin file, then another 30 minutes to burn to my 64GB USB stick. Well worth the effort! Thanks!
Good to know. I just copied the magnet link from the uTorrent client. I'll fix it soon.

And thank you all for your helpful feedback, I appreciate you all helping me with this project.

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Jayro

Hi,
Please, could you check this suggestions in case you didn't?

Also,
About "SendTo" menu and "QuickLaunch" bar access modification from the Device instead of the WIM.

Thank you

Last edited by Zalex,

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Im trying to open the .bin file with 7zip to extract the EFI files but for some reason im not able to... Can you help me?

Thanks

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to open the .bin file with 7zip to extract the EFI files but for some reason im not able to... Can you help me?

Thanks
I just tried, and for some reason 7-zip isn't opening it right... But you can use OSFMount to mount the partition, it's a free app.

Last edited by Jayro,

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tried that also and gives an error.... "error creating virtual disk - end off file"! Im extracting again maybe an error on the bin file?
Thanks

Because in the BIN file of the previous Version its working fine.....

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried that also and gives an error.... "error creating virtual disk - end off file"! Im extracting again maybe an error on the bin file?
Thanks

Because in the BIN file of the previous Version its working fine.....
I mounted mine as read-only, and as a removable disk. But only the EFI partition.

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
When i finish extracting the files again i Will test it again.... Because the error is Just when i mount th EFI partition as you say, the other partition it ok

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
When i finish extracting the files again i Will test it again.... Because the error is Just when i mount th EFI partition as you say, the other partition it ok
When I created the image file, I forgot to remove the drive letter of the EFI partition first... But I don't think that would cause any problems.

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
To Fit medicat on my 32gb usb stick, I install ventoy on my usb drive.
after, i mount the bin file of medicat 20.06 with OSFMount and select the EFI partition to extract the EFI files and then using minitoolpartition wizard, gived the EFI partion of my usb drive a letter to override the EFI folder with medicat EFI folder.
Then i simply copy everything that is on exfat partition of the medicat 20.06 bin file using also OSFMount, to my usb stick!
I tried to boot the usb stick and some stuff are not showing like the mini Windows 10....
Am i doing something wrong?!

Ps: i think that all the .wim files, like the mini Windows 10, are not showing....

Thanks a lot for you help

Last edited by joaopais,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: