OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Small update, had to fix a bug that caused the app to crash upon launch. Now runs in a 2016 Win10PE instead of a 2018 one. Loads faster as a result, and is smaller in size.

Reactions: Abominator

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i don't get it? should re-download the torrent?
only if you want to, I just made it boot faster and squashed a bug in the WinPE. If yours works fine, then there's really no need to update.

Reactions: Abominator

XImpalerX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work if I copy the iso into Medicat USB Antivirus folder? Actually it does work, but when I try to run a scan it just goes to "Scan was canceled" I tried Custom scan, selecting the drives, but same issue.

Hah nevermind, had to Run as admin

Last edited by XImpalerX,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Will this work if I copy the iso into Medicat USB Antivirus folder? Actually it does work, but when I try to run a scan it just goes to "Scan was canceled" I tried Custom scan, selecting the drives, but same issue.

Hah nevermind, had to Run as admin
This is a known issue, and will be fixed in the next release if February.

Reactions: XImpalerX

shadowflake

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you're using this with Ventoy, you need to extract the Programs folder and the CdUsb.Y file to the root of the USB. Then the app should load. That's how it works on MediCat USB, and how you're able to download and keep the latest virus updates.

I'm sorry i'm new here.
I"m able to make bootdisk with ventoy.
I can boot the malwarebyte ISO.

What do you mean with extract the Programs folder and the CdUsb.Y file to the root of the USB.
Where can i find the CDUSB.Y file ?

Thanks for the tips.

Regards

Michel

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry i'm new here.
I"m able to make bootdisk with ventoy.
I can boot the malwarebyte ISO.

What do you mean with extract the Programs folder and the CdUsb.Y file to the root of the USB.
Where can i find the CDUSB.Y file ?

Thanks for the tips.

Regards

Michel
It's all in the zipped file, just extract the zip to the USB stick, and everything will be taken care of by itself.

Reactions: nekinhas

Tarsisius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I would like to know when is the update to fix the problem that makes the scan to be cancelled will be upload.
I would really like to use it, but I keep getting the error :/

Thanks

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I would like to know when is the update to fix the problem that makes the scan to be cancelled will be upload.
I would really like to use it, but I keep getting the error :/

Thanks
I've been trying to fix it for weeks, but I don't know what the problem is. The only fix I can come up with is just make sure you uncheck all 4 boxes before doing a custom scan.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Probably been asked before, but since this is unofficial, is it safe to use?
Yes, it's safe. I would never tarnish my good name by uploading harmful software.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Malwarebytes Bootable v21.06 has just been released!

(Go back to Page 1 to get it)

This was made from a newly-generated WinPE using WinBuilder and Windows 10 Pro v2004. It has Realtek Wi-Fi and Ethernet drivers injected, the touchpad now works on HP laptops, I made a new wallpaper for it, the desktop scales properly and automatically, and it's a much smaller file size than the last version was.

Malwarebytes.png

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot @Jayro for this Malwarebytes bootable update! The winPE is better, the background is beautiful and the trackpad support is great!

Reactions: Jayro

Tarsisius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to fix it for weeks, but I don't know what the problem is. The only fix I can come up with is just make sure you uncheck all 4 boxes before doing a custom scan.

I tried to uncheck all the options in custom scan but the same thing happened. Is there any other solutions?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried to uncheck all the options in custom scan but the same thing happened. Is there any other solutions?
I only scanned drives X:\ and B:\ and they completed for me without issue, so I'm not sure what else to try. Nobody else is making portable versions of Malwarebytes anymore.

Gremlin220366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only scanned drives X:\ and B:\ and they completed for me without issue, so I'm not sure what else to try. Nobody else is making portable versions of Malwarebytes anymore.
I discovered today if you start a scan and pause it after check for updates then connect to Internet and update definitions then continue the scan it will complete without stopping. If you update before you start scan that seems to stop it working.

Reactions: Jayro

drewski83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered today if you start a scan and pause it after check for updates then connect to Internet and update definitions then continue the scan it will complete without stopping. If you update before you start scan that seems to stop it working.
if you stop it mid-scan and update it, i dont think it will be able to scan with updated definitions though. so just pointless to even update till a fix is released.

drewski83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you stop it mid-scan and update it, i dont think it will be able to scan with updated definitions though. so just pointless to even update till a fix is released.
sorry for dupe post. wasnt logged in.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you connect to online, update it, then exit from the systray and relaunch it, it loads the updated definitions. Then you can scan with it.

Or alternatively, just updated it from a working computer first. 🤷

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work