[Unofficial] Malwarebytes Bootable

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question for ya, will this scan the affected systems registry hive? I guessing no as it has to be mounted under a user account. I know that some infections will blue screen your pc when their files are removed....
You have a good scanner here tho and thinks for the work. Im gonna grap me a copy.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
New version made from scratch from AOMEI PE Builder 2.0 - It boots into a full desktop so you can update the definitions. (Connect to the internet using PENetwork)

I might inject some common Ethernet and Wi-Fi drivers later next month. Definitions updated to May 25th, 2018.

Desktop.png

Minor flaw: A lingering AOMEI Partition Assistant shortcut remains in the Start Menu, so just ignore it. I'm not sure how to get rid of it yet.
UPDATE: The elusive shortcut has been removed.

Last edited by Jayro,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated the ISO with Trackpad drivers, as some laptop users reported their trackpad not working. Updated virus definitions to 2018.06.09

LukeyWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never knew this existed, this should definitely save certain people in my house (or me if ever) haha
Also might have to invest in a cheap 4GB USB just for this juuust incase

ben robbins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are many tools like this already available. Hirens-boot cd for one . its a bootable image including all the tools you could ever need; like 5-10 different AV programs, a bunch of tools for formatting hard drives. partitioning etc. basically any utility that could be helpful to fix or work on your computer when it wont boot the OS. It includes Malwarebytes. the only possible downside i could see is i dont know if it has the latest definitions

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are many tools like this already available. Hirens-boot cd for one . its a bootable image including all the tools you could ever need; like 5-10 different AV programs, a bunch of tools for formatting hard drives. partitioning etc. basically any utility that could be helpful to fix or work on your computer when it wont boot the OS. It includes Malwarebytes. the only possible downside i could see is i dont know if it has the latest definitions
I know they exist, but I don't care. Wanted to make my own anyway.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Changelog for 2018.10.18:

- Fixed the elusive broken shortcut in the Start Menu.
- Disabled the blank User icon in the Start Menu.
- Updated the virus definitions to 10.18.5
- Disabled the splash screen when Malwarebytes starts.
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated this standalone Malwarebytes bootdisk in a while, so it's been updated to the latest definitions as of 2020 / JAN / 03. New hashes in the same download folders. Literally nothing else has changed. Might make a new wallpaper next build, IDK.

Malwarebytes.png

Last edited by Jayro,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
New release, rebuilt from near-scratch.

v20.06 Changelog:
- Used a 64-bit Win10PE as a base this time, so it now boots in UEFI.
- Has a new 1920x1080 wallpaper.
- QR code was doubled in size, to compensate for the wallpaper enlargement.
- Once installed to a USB stick, the virus definitions are updatable when you're online.
- Seems to boot faster for me on USB 3.0 than the 32-bit one did.
- Edited the BCD file to disable the driver testing, as the "Test Mode" text was covering my QR code.

Desktop.png

Malwarebytes.png

Last edited by Jayro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...