Hacking Maschell announces his new WiiU project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda impresed that nobody shared this big news for the Wii U here, so I went ahead an made a thread :)

Maschell just made public his new project called "WiiUPluginSystem".
Its propurse is to provide a nice GUI loader which works on console and can manage in a modular way individual plugins.
Such plugins can be HIDtoVPAD, Padcon, TCPGecko, SDCafiine, SwapDRC, etc. That means that all of those mentioned can be used at the same time!!!
This can be considered as the next level on Wii U CFW.

If you have some coding skills you can contact Maschell on his Twitter or help on the issue tracker on the Github repo of the project.

Nice things coming to the Wii U!!! :yaywiiu:

Source: https://twitter.com/MaschellDev/status/959777501177401344

Update 10/02/18
Padcon plugin was added!!!

Update 11/02/18
Now you can use Padcon, SDCafiine (sm4sh only) and SwapDrc at the same time :)
https://twitter.com/MaschellDev/status/962763332330643456?s=09

Update 12/02/18
HIDtoVPAD has been ported (no config nor mapper support yet).
https://twitter.com/MaschellDev/status/963148231013273600

Nightly builds here -> https://github.com/Maschell/WiiUPluginSystem/releases

What else can we get from this? permanent CFW, let me guess.. nobody cares about permanent CFW..

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yes, HIDtoVPAD has a build-in config for the Switch Pro Controller, to use it wireless, you need the HIDtoVPAD Network Client.
neat, where can i get that client thingie?
and do i only have to put it in the app folder of my SD card?

will it be required to launch it like SDCafine on launch every time?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all, since it does a reboot and relies on a /usr tittle that can be easily deleted/overwrite (inclusive if it has tons of sanity checks :/ ).

I guess my question would then be would a permanent CFW offer anything that CBHC doesn't already accomplish? The only thing I could imagine would be the return of the ability to use the Gamepad to quick launch specific titles when you turn on the Wii U. It is a bummer to no longer have that ability with CBHC, though mapping quick launches of specific titles/homebrew to holding of specific buttons when you start the Wii U is an ok substitute that CBHC has to offer, still I'd prefer the official method if we could have it. But beyond that, is there any other real benefit it would offer over CBHC?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my question would then be would a permanent CFW offer anything that CBHC doesn't already accomplish? The only thing I could imagine would be the return of the ability to use the Gamepad to quick launch specific titles when you turn on the Wii U. It is a bummer to no longer have that ability with CBHC, though mapping quick launches of specific titles/homebrew to holding of specific buttons when you start the Wii U is an ok substitute that CBHC has to offer, still I'd prefer the official method if we could have it. But beyond that, is there any other real benefit it would offer over CBHC?

The benefit of being QUICK, not having to affect other system functions, in this case, CBHC affects the quick menu which I love. Also, we need something that works since the VERY boot of the console., not having to wait for it to "reload" everytime you enter and exit from a game. ETC ETC ETC

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't HID2vpad have some kind of unstable bugs still present within it? Isn't that why it was disabled and then removed from retroarch? Apparently the cause of memory errors.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't HID2vpad have some kind of unstable bugs still present within it? Isn't that why it was disabled and then removed from retroarch? Apparently the cause of memory errors.
That was only affecting RetroArch not the Wii U in general where it works flawlessly.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quicker boot, safer, nand restore at boot, bootchains (well, this one is alreally posible with CBHC, but perhaps permanent CFW may (lead?) to more stable bootchains) and lots of cool stuff.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,
Reactions: lordelan

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What a way to be negative about new homebrew development. You've always been one to say something completely distasteful to piss off the devs, like that time you asked FIX94 to remove his name from CBHC. If you don't like the wiiu, you can move on. There's still people who appreciate the wiiu regardless of where the "trends" are right now. The Wiiu isn't automatically useless and trash. Switch homebrew isn't even made public yet and he can choose where he wants to develop. I really hate when Switch owners talk down about the 3DS and Wiiu just because they're desperate for more Switch releases because they spent a lot of money and its been quiet for a long time. You can blame yourself for getting the switch so early on.

This has really good potential for sure, I'm really excited for this. Maschell mentioned the idea for this tool about 2-3 months ago on Discord and I'm glad he's actually going through with it.
Hacked consoles will always be fun to have no matter how old. You don't just simply forgeiyt about them because you're hyped for what's new.

Somene named Flump on Discord has already made a CBHC mod and could easily add this as well.
I’m not disrespecting him it’s great he’s keeping the wiiu alive but devs have moved on! I was trying to say he should use his talents on something new elsewhere and not stay in the same mold.

I’m not blowing my own trumpet but I was the first to make a mod out of cbhc the only reason why I didn’t release my work was because I was trusting someone else alongside working with me who went on and released my work very early beta stage without my consent and it wasn’t even tested properly my end it could of bricked wiiu’s for all he knew, actually it didn’t work properly so he went from Gbatemp because everyone was asking him to fix it and update it when he couldn’t. Check my Sigi it’s been there since fix released the first beta...I was only asking fix if he would do the title for his cbhc mod, he gave me a sarci/nasty reply so I went on too create my own cbhc mod which tbh is the bollocks does all this on bootup and more!

Great early cbhc guide you made on that site by the way, really went down well with many bricked wiiu’s!!! Cough, cough! Don’t think I haven’t remembered..

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: MattKimura
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.