Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

Xx_420apple_xX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i need tcgeeko or cafiine? Cant i just replace the files on my copy for the game like the one i use on my sd card? And run it with the homebrew launcher and the sd loader?

DamnAndy1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Cafiine and I did all the steps right until... Step 5. I try to boot up Mario Kart 8 and it's stuck on the loading screen forever and nothing happens on ""[listener] Listening on 7332" nothing pops up. Any idea what I did wrong? I'm so confused.

Sam from NL ;)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded Cafiine and I did all the steps right until... Step 5. I try to boot up Mario Kart 8 and it's stuck on the loading screen forever and nothing happens on ""[listener] Listening on 7332" nothing pops up. Any idea what I did wrong? I'm so confused.
You entered the wrong IP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone knows how to fix the bug that everytime I create a texture it switches between the old one and my edited one? :/ it just Glitches around

Last edited by Sam from NL ;),

Videogamerev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to change the setting for stages in mk8? (caffine) examples of the setting would be change to day time or night time etc

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You entered the wrong IP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone knows how to fix the bug that everytime I create a texture it switches between the old one and my edited one? :/ it just Glitches around

You didn't save the .dds with generated mipmaps (if using Paint.NET) or you didn't select the right number of mipmaps (if saving in Photoshop w/ NVIDIA plugin)
Either that or you didn't enter the mipmap number for the texture in the hax.py cmd prompt while putting it in the bfres. Most likely you left it as 0.

I think you need to do both to make it work properly.

Does anyone know how to change the setting for stages in mk8? (caffine) examples of the setting would be change to day time or night time etc

course_muunt.byaml editing and course.bgenv swapping.
Read: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rays-mario-kart-8-course-modding-tutorials.430948/

Last edited by Harmonia,

Sam from NL ;)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You didn't save the .dds with generated mipmaps (if using Paint.NET) or you didn't select the right number of mipmaps (if saving in Photoshop w/ NVIDIA plugin)
Either that or you didn't enter the mipmap number for the texture in the hax.py cmd prompt while putting it in the bfres. Most likely you left it as 0.

I think you need to do both to make it work properly.

course_muunt.byaml editing and course.bgenv swapping.
Read: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rays-mario-kart-8-course-modding-tutorials.430948/
Yes I left it as 0 cuz splicer said that it was 0. Do I need to re-run it a few times?

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I left it as 0 cuz splicer said that it was 0. Do I need to re-run it a few times?

You need to get the correct number. You need to run this in a command prompt: hax.py (filename).dds (filename).bfres 0 x (x being the texture position ID) to get the BFRES Mipmap number that it shows in the command prompt. Then you replace the 0 with whatever number that is, then it'll show you a GTX Mipmap number, then you run the script a 3rd time and replace the BFRES Mipmap number with the GTX Mipmap number

tl;dr in a cmd prompt in TexHaxU's folder:

hax.py filename.dds filename.bfres 0 x (texture position ID)
find BFRES mipmap number
hax.py filename.dds filename.bfres x (bfres mip #) x (ID)
find GTX mipmap number
hax.py filename.dds filename.bfres x (gtx mip #) x (ID)

then it should work. hope this helps and I didn't write it confusingly.

Reactions: Sam from NL ;)

Sam from NL ;)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to get the correct number. You need to run this in a command prompt: hax.py (filename).dds (filename).bfres 0 x (x being the texture position ID) to get the BFRES Mipmap number that it shows in the command prompt. Then you replace the 0 with whatever number that is, then it'll show you a GTX Mipmap number, then you run the script a 3rd time and replace the BFRES Mipmap number with the GTX Mipmap number

tl;dr in a cmd prompt in TexHaxU's folder:

hax.py filename.dds filename.bfres 0 x (texture position ID)
find BFRES mipmap number
hax.py filename.dds filename.bfres x (bfres mip #) x (ID)
find GTX mipmap number
hax.py filename.dds filename.bfres x (gtx mip #) x (ID)

then it should work. hope this helps and I didn't write it confusingly.
As last: so your telling that I need to run it with cmd? If I understand it correctly

darkmvr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uploaded my object edited track of Thwomp Ruins (Thwomp Boundaries) on http://mk8.tockdom.com/wiki/Thwomp_Boundaries_(Thwomp_Ruins_Edit)
Had some fun with Ray Koopas tools lol. Hope someone enjoys it.
Thwomp Boundaries.jpg

gunu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

release sooooooooon

Texture Hack

Beast Morton (Morton)
Mach Carbon Panther (Mach 8)
Economy Ring Tire (Button Tire)
Thunder Cloud Glider (Cloud Glider)