Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

D

Deleted User

Does someone can give me a tutorial for the bfres tool ? I don't find anything helpfull on google.. -_-

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me replace voice clips? Or is there some sort of cohesive guide for modding MK8 in general? I'm new to this.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might aswell link some extra tutorials + how to do voice edits:

Voice edits quick tutorial:
  1. Get uwizard.
  2. In the settings tab press "Extract Sarc"
  3. Goto content/audio/driver in your MK8 dump and select the character you want to edit. Put the files in another folder
  4. Get Wexos Toolbox.
  5. Open it and goto file - New From File - BFWAV
  6. Select a .wav file of the voice.
  7. Then save as a .bfwav and name it of the sound you want to replace from your sarc extracted.
  8. To preview the bfwavs from your character get foobar and the vgm stream plugin then simply open the bfwav with it.
  9. To save your sarc, use the "Pack Sarc" feature in uwizard and select the folder containing all the bfwavs of your character (your sarc extracted)
  10. Rename the sarc to the original file name with a .bars extension. Example: SNDG_M_Mario.bars
(This applies to any bfwav in the game including track sfx or other wii u games that use the same format)

Custom Track tutorial (video coming soon)

Model Importing for Drivers

Setting up MK8 mods with SD Cafiine

Get this one instead of the tutorial one
Instructions are on github incase it changes but it is basically
Code:
root:/sdcafiine/[TITLEID]/[MODPACK]/content/  <-- for game files. Maps to /vol/content/
root:/sdcafiine/[TITLEID]/[MODPACK]/aoc/      <-- for downloadable content files. Maps to /vol/aocXXXXXXXX/

Use these title IDs
000500001010EC00 - US
000500001010EB00 - JP
000500001010ED00 - EU

I have mine currently setup like this (v1.4)
lMg2M84.png

EMUNAND8SD (i) being just my SD card name

For those installing just mods either refer to the mod install instructions on installing or use this file system structure.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country

1. Get uwizard.
  3. Goto content/audio/driver in your MK8 dump and select the character you want to edit. Put the files in another folder
  4. Get Wexos Toolbox.
  7. Then save as a .bfwav and name it of the sound you want to replace from your sarc extracted.
  8. To preview the bfwavs from your character get foobar and the vgm stream plugin then simply open the bfwav with it.
  9. To save your sarc, use the "Pack Sarc" feature in uwizard and select the folder containing all the bfwavs of your character (your sarc extracted)
  10. Rename the sarc to the original file name with a .bars extension. Example: SNDG_M_Mario.bars
(This applies to any bfwav in the game including track sfx or other wii u games that use the same format)

Code:
root:/sdcafiine/[TITLEID]/[MODPACK]/content/  <-- for game files. Maps to /vol/content/
root:/sdcafiine/[TITLEID]/[MODPACK]/aoc/      <-- for downloadable content files. Maps to /vol/aocXXXXXXXX/

Use these title IDs
000500001010EC00 - US
000500001010EB00 - JP
000500001010ED00 - EU

lMg2M84.png

For those installing just mods either refer to the mod install instructions on installing or use this file system structure.

Thank you very much, this is very convenient.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Get uwizard.
  4. Get Wexos Toolbox.

Code:

Use these title IDs
000500001010EC00 - US
000500001010EB00 - JP
000500001010ED00 - EU

lMg2M84.png

for sd cafiine this is better

Reactions: CuriousTommy

lonemoonHD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, just a quick update: I have no interest in this thread anymore, if anyone wants it they can take it, or if there are better guides out there I'd like this thread to be deleted.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just a quick update: I have no interest in this thread anymore, if anyone wants it they can take it, or if there are better guides out there I'd like this thread to be deleted.

Rather than delete this thread, why not just ask a mod to lock it instead (and have a link to the new thread)? I would hate to have the information in here be thrown away.

Reactions: lordelan

Mkdshacker

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys im having a problem with mk8 cheat codes i cant find any pal codes and when i finaly found one it crashes my wiiu evry time

artik1024

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guys, trying to mod MK8D on switch to remove the default option "driving assists" (the little antena behind the kart) because I was tired to ask my guests to desactivate these assistances each time. Now the kart is showinf a flag, somebody knows what it's used for ?

Edit: NVM I found it! it's the team flag for battle mode :)

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    700.2 KB · Views: 48
  • unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    223.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by artik1024,
Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.