Gaming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Content on WiiU?

rnbfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey GBATemp Users,

do you know if its possible to get the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Content on WiiU?
Or do we get a DLC with the Battle Arenas?

Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited by rnbfish,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its possible that if when Switch games are able to be dumped and explored that some of the extra content could be added or at least used to replace content in the Wii U version of the game (say replacing the MK8 battle maps with some of the MK8 Deluxe battle maps). But I wouldn't expect to see anything like that for a very long time (if ever).

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not happening. Nintendo is running away from the Wii U as fast as possible.

And no, hackers are not going to add it somehow.

Only way is to download the content into your Switch and place it on top of the Wii U :P

it depends on how identical nintendo have made the game, i mean if its just the same game with dlc content added then people may be able to import it into the wii u version.

D

Deleted User

Well, it is possible. You're going to have to reverse-engineer the Switch version yourself then hack the Wii U version and add the content in. If you want the extra content that badly you're better off bribing a Nintendo employee into leaking the game's source code. The cheapest and easiest option is to buy a Switch and Mario Kart 8: Deluxe Edition.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see people making custom models, since model imports are a thing. Don't expect any of the other changes however.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some charitable soul added all the characters, karts and even the stages of battle mode within the Wii U version.

The mod is so well done that it looks like an official port.
5f04aab8400e3.jpg

5ed35463cc9e4.jpg

5f04aaab57796.jpg

5f04aaa75c126.jpg

Mario Kart 8 was my first game for the Wii U, I even bought all the DLCs, I was sad that if I wanted to take advantage of the extra content I would have to buy the Switch version for $ 60 even though I had the Wii U game .

I am very happy that someone managed to put the content of the Switch version in its original version.

I want to dream of the day that this will happen in games like New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3: Deluxe too.

Reactions: Peninsula

jeice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how you install it would depend on how it's being delivered. it could be a wup install or just replace certain files via ftp.

The download link is in the youtube description, on the website it doesn't seem to have a tutorial.

The files contain folders for tracks and drivers etc. Some have a *.bin extension others, *.szs, *.bflim.
I've never installed mods on the Wii U, it's all new to me.

Perhaps you need to just write it over you already installed game over FTP like you mentioned. Going to try it out.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn