Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is confirmed to have fixed the battle freeze on the DSTT menu. I'm using a Supercard DS-One with the triple loader. Currently using the DSTT menu 1.17 (fake killer removed) and everything is running great! Thanks Narin, elixir, MrFatso, and any others who helped!
biggrin.gif

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need help. I have an ItouchDS, and even with the new code, the game still crashes after starting a new game and I get a black screen

I used DSATM to attach the cheat file on to the ROM file, and it says it successful, but I still have problems playing this game.

Help!

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so far im using supercard DS One SDHC, with DMA enabler and the anti piracy, so far so good, the only thing is bowser doesnt have his fire breath at the moment, but I think thats part of the story, is it?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
go to the FAQ thread provided on my signature
there is a link on post 2 for downloading yasumenu and also help thread for yasumenu
and there is some DIY steps on post 1

just to reconfirm i just ported my save which is in bowser stoumach
i manage to go into battle and get the hammer icon work
wink.gif

well hope there won't be a 3rd check
smile.gif

my job is done... i am off going back to bed
smile.gif

sleepless 3 ...
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
em2241992 said:
Ok so far im using supercard DS One SDHC, with DMA enabler and the anti piracy, so far so good, the only thing is bowser doesnt have his fire breath at the moment, but I think thats part of the story, is it?
No something's wrong if you have Bowser without his fire breath at the beginning. He's got it for me. You press Y to use it.

Tempt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm. still doesnt work on my M3 Real, i think i did something wrong.
If somebody got it workin on an M3 can he help me?

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
em2241992 said:
No something's wrong if you have Bowser without his fire breath at the beginning. He's got it for me. You press Y to use it.
I had it, but once I reached the place with all the water, and versed the squid thing I lost it

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Yep, game's fixed folks! Flood comes!
yaynds.gif

moogle.gif

Just remember:

YOU NEED TO CREATE A NEW SAVE FILE, OTHERWISE YOU STILL DON'T HAVE EXTRA BATTLE OPTIONS

I just hope there is no more piracy checks!

CHEAT FILE FOR R4:

http://www.mediafire.com/?otjzhlbgqz0

O.K skawo96 thanks for the upped USRCHEAT.DAT Still running v1.9 unoffifcial firmware on original R4DS.

Passed the 1st crash point and had a battle. I only had one option/move available to fight Bowser here. Is this what you are referring to when you talk about having to create a new save file or is this single option normal?? I'm progressing through Bowser's stomach now.... BTW I'm over here in Sth Korea, it's almost 7am and I've been up all night trying to figure this out!!! what can I say other than "I love MARIO RPG!!!!" (and NARIN of course) hehe

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added the new cheat through DSATM (using autopatch) and then added it to my M3, it's still not working though. Am I doing something wrong or is there something else I need to do?

KeitaroYevon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so is it basically official that noCASH can't play this? I'm ordering a Cyclo DS, the newest version of Cyclo. Hopefully should be here by the end of the week or so. Will it work on that, with the code and all?

shoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an M3 Simply with R4 1.18 and am finding the same errors as other 1.18 users. The black screen at save and white screen on the second option.
I even tried Skawo's cheat file and that didn't seem to fix anything.

I know it's probably been stated, but oh well.
Crossing my fingers~

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Yeah, i patched the cheat into my game with DSATM and its still not working.....this stinks so much T.T, its freezing in the exact same ways. M3Sakura ftw
I use that too..

Anyway, is it possible that we could convert the R4 dat cheat file that was posted to database? Is there a prog for that?

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem, my EDGE freezes right before the bowser battle

I did everything right

I used R3CCE, I booted it up, I bypassed the first piracy check at the begining, then I played, saved at a save block, then battled bowser, them it froze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...