Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
SoLuckys said:
skawo96 said:
KeitaroYevon said:
so is there anything no$gba users can do to play yet? even with the code still endless battles >_>
Use this save file
http://www.mediafire.com/?zlzhhzjtjth

Just rename it so it has the same name as your rom
tongue.gif

Save in 2nd slot is the saved as soon as you can after the Bowser's Battle
In 1st slot there is my progress
wink2.gif
Works fine but doesnt show the hammer block or the special one when on fight with Cyclo
hate2.gif
Hey Hey Hey Hey!
People are working how to bypass this! Don't worry and don't double post!

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
SoLuckys said:
R u sure? cos it doesnt shows me the special atack block i need to use it
Without the bypass code the game freezes on the 1st battle with Bowser , with the bypass code the game runs OK until the point in which you have to use the first special move, then the battle becomes endless and never finishes, looks like another code is needed here too ...

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there yet a solution to the double black/white screen once selected a save profile?
I am on R4 with the correct cheat.dat and it doesn't load past the save select screen.
Disabled the Bypass code and it doesn't load past the save select screen.
Installed YSMenu and DSTT firmware and YSmenu doesn't even load the rom (gets about 4/5 on the loading bar and freezes)
Used YSMenu.nds on R4 firmware and same happens, rom doesn't even load
frown.gif

I am using Official R4 1.18 (Yes, the one that is 'Dead') I also downloaded a sav. from skawo96 to test but same thing happens.
+Yep, I'm hooked now, I just wanna play so I'm gonna go give PiT another go, I gave up on it last time because I thought it was outdated :

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it worth me posting my test results for the following:

NDS Lite
R4DS original cart
2gb kingston card
tmasgames rom (name of rom supplier given in case of bad dump issues, I hope I'm not breaking any rules)
v1.18 firmware (for this test)

Results are here and ready to be posted, just wondering if it's a waste of time??? Being the v1.18 (old)firmware.

If not worth posting, I'll run tests on the v1.9(unofficial) firmware and/or possibly create a YSmenu for R4DS and run tests and post results from that. . .

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
!!! I have the solution for all !!!

You downloaded the JPN version, you tried it for a bit (as far as you could) and prolly liked it,
Wait for the US/EU release, then go to a store and buy the game
smile.gif
That's what we (cough maybe all) will do, but we want moar JPN version now!

And I mean it. EU version comes out -> I buy the game.

KeitaroYevon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DjoeN said:

You downloaded the JPN version, you tried it for a bit (as far as you could) and prolly liked it,
smile.gif

BRRRRRRIILLLLLLLLIAAAAANNTTTTTTT!
bow.gif

D

Deleted User

DjoeN said:

smile.gif

Thanks that was really helpful...
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, yeah, I'm definitely buying it on release but I'd like to play this... now...

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well I haven't had any luck with the code. The link provided to the cheat editor is for r4, is there one for M3 real? Or are the dat files compatible?

Bypass code should get added to cheat database for convenience

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no fix at this time. There are many piracy checks hidden in the game and it may take a considerable amount of time to fix them. So if I were anyone posting in this thread, I'd have something better to say than "it doesn't work". Be specific, and most importantly, read the rest of the thread to see if your issue is known already.

This game has freezes at saves, battles, and random events not showing up properly at the moment. I'm sure when a fix is released, it'll be featured on the front page.

D

Deleted User

Probably not going to do much, but I'm going to try looking into the DS ROM and try and replace some files. If I stumble across anything good I'll let ya guys know.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...