Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

D

Deleted User

Yeah but I still wanna give it a shot
tongue.gif
I hope Narin can fix this pretty soon, he'd be a God if he did XD
biggrin.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, to help them there is a list of bugs:

1) Special Moves don't appear in tutorial and after them
2) Hammer option don't appear in battles
3) Bowser's "Suck" block shows in one particular battle (tutorial) but never again after that
4) No flood when Bowser drinks water; X and Y get blocked.
5) Hammers in particular don't appear.

---------------
NO$

1) Endless battle with Bowser
2) Gets stuck on EVERY Bowser Battle
3) If it doesn't get stuck on Bowser Battles, screen is spitted into parts

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for the record, I tried this on my R4DS with unofficial v1.9 firmware and game crashed at 1st bowser battle. It did, however, recognise the save file (just before the meeting/throne room) upon re-boot/re-try. I then applied an "ARM7" fix but, unfortunately, no dice *and it DID NOT recognise the save file*

One good thing is that it'll, no doubt, all be sorted out by the time the english language US/EU version is released. . . won't it??? :S That is unless the boffins over @ Nintendo come up with more anti-piracy jiggery pokery!!!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Ess_uk said:
Just for the record, I tried this on my R4DS with unofficial v1.9 firmware and game crashed at 1st bowser battle. It did, however, recognise the save file (just before the meeting/throne room) upon re-boot/re-try. I then applied an "ARM7" fix but, unfortunately, no dice.

One good thing is that it'll, no doubt, all be sorted out by the time the english language US/EU version is released. . . won't it??? :S That is unless the boffins over @ Nintendo come up with more anti-piracy jiggery pokery!!!
Have you added the code?

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Ess_uk said:
Just for the record, I tried this on my R4DS with unofficial v1.9 firmware and game crashed at 1st bowser battle. It did, however, recognise the save file (just before the meeting/throne room) upon re-boot/re-try. I then applied an "ARM7" fix but, unfortunately, no dice.

Have you added the code?

Nope, I don't really know how to apply codes . . . I'll have a look and report back.

P.S Can anyone suggest a reliable/easy to follow tut on applying codes??? (as I'm quite the noob don't you know. . .)

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Ess_uk said:
skawo96 said:
Ess_uk said:

Have you added the code?

Nope, I don't really know how to apply codes . . . I'll have a look and report back.

P.S Can anyone suggest a reliable/easy to follow tut on applying codes??? (as I'm quite the noob don't you know. . .)
I posted a cheat file http://www.mediafire.com/?jjgjmzy0ytj
Just copy your existing usrcheat.dat somewhere because this has only one cheat.

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Ess_uk said:
skawo96 said:
Ess_uk said:

Have you added the code?

I posted a cheat file http://www.mediafire.com/?jjgjmzy0ytj
Just copy your existing usrcheat.dat somewhere because this has only one cheat.

Right, something strange is goin on. . . I failed to mention that I had trimmed the original ROM. So I'll explain everything from scratch..... Ahem..

1. Trimmed ROM with NDSTokyoTrim.
2. Booted Trimmed ROM in R4DS running v1.9 unofficial firmware (2GB Kingston microSD), obtained a crash at 1st Bowser battle but a working save.
3. "ARM7 fixed" trimmed ROM resulting in crash at 1st Bowser battle and non working save.
4. Applied USRCHEAT.DAT supplied by SKAWO96 to "ARM7 fixed" trimmed ROM (cheat recognised as "help" in R4DS menu upon boot), Thus obtaining a crash at 1st Bowser battle and a non working save.

(this is where it gets strange)

5. Applied "ARM7 fix" to an un-trimmed rom, usrcheat.dat was unrecognised and blackscreens after save slot selection screen.

I don't understand how the effects can be different because as far as I know, rom trimming only trims wasted/unused space. But there is a definite alternative result.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ha, I got you all beat...

Acekard 2.1... put the cheat files in the right place... loaded up the card... can't find the cheat for M&L3... bastards! got the FULL download for cheats... put every single file in the cheats folder... still can't find the cheats...

screw it... load it up, hit the save block... FREEZE at saveing... damn...

now I'll sit and wait while pounding my fists and crying at Nintendo to release it in the US!

PS: If anyone can rip the sprite of Luigi's entrance, I would love you in a totally homosexual way! yes, that is the correct wording... would love to have that animation of him!!

D

Deleted User

FFS.

I'm just wondering how does the game know if it's a legit cart or not? If the "bypass" doesn't work, maybe there's someway into thinking the ROM is legit? Just my 2 cents...

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
PS: If anyone can rip the sprite of Luigi's entrance, I would love you in a totally homosexual way! yes, that is the correct wording... would love to have that animation of him!!
I have those poses, I'll have a sheet up on boomansion.net soon.

So, no one has had any luck? Maybe the game itself needs a patch as opposed to just a cheat. Are we sure it's firmwares and not just a bad dump?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Boo_Mansion said:
zidane_genome said:
I have those poses, I'll have a sheet up on boomansion.net soon.

So, no one has had any luck? Maybe the game itself needs a patch as opposed to just a cheat. Are we sure it's firmwares and not just a bad dump?
If it ineed was a bad dump, why does it work on NO$?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
That code that was posted does not alleviate the freezing issue right before the first battle. Just saying.
Then what it does? For me, it fixed the battle.

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
skawo96 said:
KeitaroYevon said:
so is there anything no$gba users can do to play yet? even with the code still endless battles >_>
Use this save file
http://www.mediafire.com/?zlzhhzjtjth

Just rename it so it has the same name as your rom
tongue.gif

Save in 2nd slot is the saved as soon as you can after the Bowser's Battle
In 1st slot there is my progress
wink2.gif
Works fine but doesnt show the hammer block or the special one when on fight with Cyclo
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back