ROM Hack Mario and Luigi 3 USA Freeze

ddrsquirrelz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Leo99999 said:
M3 Real: if you download the latest sakura firmware and use touchpad 4.4a, the game works without any freezing

lol i got this hella old m3 simply. do they still come up with firmware updates for that? would love to be able to play mario and luigi

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iruga said:
the DSTT isn't dead. and it wasn't abandoned LONG ago. it had an update to the firmware, as well as the card checker not that long ago.
they just went through all that trouble to make the fake killer, i doubt they would abandon it so quickly

The last firmware update for the DSTT was at the very beginning of JANUARY; a minor update, I might add. In case you're missing fingers to count on, that's nearly 10 MONTHS AGO. Used to be, the DSTT team would actually release firmware updates to address games that had problems running on the card. When was the last time they did something like that? Again, 10 months ago. Mind you, there have been PLENTY of problem games that have come down the pipe since, to which the DSTT team have sat on their collective asses and done NOTHING.

The only thing they're worried about at this point is keeping the DSTTi card functional each time Nintendo updates, so they can keep selling DSTTi cards. That and collecting their money. Nothing more.

---

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Solution for R4 seems kinda dreamy. If it comes, It'll not been soon, so I think that those who are DESPERATE to play it buy the game or try another FC, such as Acekard.

Man, what a pain when these teams quit their flashcarts. 1st R4 who was the most famous and DSTT too?

And I agree with iruga. I care both for my english and my portuguese. It helps prevent misundertandings a lot.

lucamc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
onizukaa said:
Solution for R4 seems kinda dreamy. If it comes, It'll not been soon, so I think that those who are DESPERATE to play it buy the game or try another FC, such as Acekard.

Man, what a pain when these teams quit their flashcarts. 1st R4 who was the most famous and DSTT too?

And I agree with iruga. I care both for my english and my portuguese. It helps prevent misundertandings a lot.
Mano, mas mesmo comprando um flashcard, sai meio caro, e o jogo original demora meses para sair =/

Frankly, this was the best AP nintendo did..... DAMN
wacko.gif

ZackVee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_JetSetBeat said:
Iruga said:
the DSTT isn't dead. and it wasn't abandoned LONG ago. it had an update to the firmware, as well as the card checker not that long ago.
they just went through all that trouble to make the fake killer, i doubt they would abandon it so quickly

The last firmware update for the DSTT was at the very beginning of JANUARY; a minor update, I might add. In case you're missing fingers to count on, that's nearly 10 MONTHS AGO. Used to be, the DSTT team would actually release firmware updates to address games that had problems running on the card. When was the last time they did something like that? Again, 10 months ago. Mind you, there have been PLENTY of problem games that have come down the pipe since, to which the DSTT team have sat on their collective asses and done NOTHING.

The only thing they're worried about at this point is keeping the DSTTi card functional each time Nintendo updates, so they can keep selling DSTTi cards. That and collecting their money. Nothing more.

---

So does this mean there is very little chance of getting M&L to run on my DSTT?

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
lucamc said:
onizukaa said:

Mano, mas mesmo comprando um flashcard, sai meio caro, e o jogo original demora meses para sair =/

wacko.gif

Nope, an acekard through DX costs only U$12 or ~R$25.

What's expensive in this? I think it may take some while to arrive, but...no way to play it faster, due to the troublesome APs.

Unless you play in an emulator, which hurts badly the purpose of "portable".

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZackVee said:
So does this mean there is very little chance of getting M&L to run on my DSTT?

In terms of a solution provided by the DSTT team themselves, I would say it's clear that's not going to happen. As far as the custom firmware out there, it's more likely, but I'm surprised no one has done so, given the popularity of the game and how much DSTT owners would appreciate a fix. Realize that the CFW coders love having their ego pumped and providing a CFW fix would make them nothing less than heros to the DSTT community. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already! Does that mean it won't happen? No, it's probably a matter of time. Same thing goes for a patch: likely to happen to eventually, but who can say when and really, if anyone IS working on it in the first place?
unsure.gif

Given the cost of other flashcards with active official and unofficial firmware releases, I finally said "no point in waiting for something that may or may not happen when it's just ten bucks to fix the problem." I mean, granted, I actually BOUGHT Mario and Luigi (and would have anyway; I just wanted to play it early due to the leak). However, there WILL be games coming out where it's likely that the DSTT is just going to go through this whole thing again where we're waiting for a fix that may or may not happen, yadda yadda ya.

Not worth it. Not when it costs ten bucks for a different card with teams that DO support them with more than fake card killer updates and little else.

--

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
alooo boys , i find this in other forum i did't tryied becouse i found this a few minutes ago

QUOTE said:
Hey guys, you can get the update for the R4 even if you don't have the R4i. I know the reason anyone wants to update their R4 firmware is to get Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story to work on their R4. To get the update all you have to do is replace the R4i skins with the regular R4 skins and just like that you have firmware v1.10b and it comes with the AR code to get passed the save file select screen (along with numerous other cheat codes) but keep in mind that I have not been able to get passed the save screen myself with the code enabled so if anyone else wants to try it out please be my guest. Also if anyone has any luck with the AR code to get passed the save screen please post comments to let everyone know how you did it.

Suicideking81

R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution

soo the users of r4 try it =)

Terce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is that the hardware isn't the same on the R4 and the R4SDHC cards. Because of the increased size and the different structure of the SDHC cards, there was an upgrade (or change) in the R4 design. That's probably one reason why the old R4 cards are so unsupported now.

But I tried this when it first came out and there were rumors of it working on the R4SDHC, but, it didn't work, and there's been no confirmation of it working on R4SDHC cards.

xamyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
someone managed to run this game on a Supercard DS One??
None speaks about this card and im starting to think im the only one that cant run this game...

thank you

X.

ookamiyoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
lucamc said:
onizukaa said:

wacko.gif

A nintendo nao fez esses aplicativos/apetrecho

Maybe the new patch will work for r4. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181...p;#entry2274947
There is a brazilian team, trying to make fix and updates for the kernel of r4. Try the r4 Brasil communitie on orkut!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!