JODIsBack Member
    Newcomer

United States
    R4 is nowhere NEAR dead.

2. magicksun

magicksun GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Well I think the r4 team have a life.
    and I think if i have a life I don't care for the fix for mario and luigi becouse my life don't change hahaha

3. bioterror

bioterror Member
    Newcomer

United States
    am I screwed if my ez 5 kernel is 4.1

4. ddrsquirrelz

ddrsquirrelz Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    lol i got this hella old m3 simply. do they still come up with firmware updates for that? would love to be able to play mario and luigi

5. N-TG

N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    Heck Im going to download desmune to play it on my computer.. Im bored for R4 patch

6. lucamc

lucamc Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Tomorrow I will buy the acekard 2.i..... but I still have hope in the R4 =D

sorry my english

7. The_JetSetBeat

The_JetSetBeat Advanced Member

United States
    The last firmware update for the DSTT was at the very beginning of JANUARY; a minor update, I might add. In case you're missing fingers to count on, that's nearly 10 MONTHS AGO. Used to be, the DSTT team would actually release firmware updates to address games that had problems running on the card. When was the last time they did something like that? Again, 10 months ago. Mind you, there have been PLENTY of problem games that have come down the pipe since, to which the DSTT team have sat on their collective asses and done NOTHING.

The only thing they're worried about at this point is keeping the DSTTi card functional each time Nintendo updates, so they can keep selling DSTTi cards. That and collecting their money. Nothing more.

---

8. onizukaa

onizukaa Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Solution for R4 seems kinda dreamy. If it comes, It'll not been soon, so I think that those who are DESPERATE to play it buy the game or try another FC, such as Acekard.

Man, what a pain when these teams quit their flashcarts. 1st R4 who was the most famous and DSTT too?

And I agree with iruga. I care both for my english and my portuguese. It helps prevent misundertandings a lot.

9. lucamc

lucamc Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Mano, mas mesmo comprando um flashcard, sai meio caro, e o jogo original demora meses para sair =/

Frankly, this was the best AP nintendo did..... DAMN [​IMG]

10. ZackVee

ZackVee Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So does this mean there is very little chance of getting M&L to run on my DSTT?

11. onizukaa

onizukaa Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Nope, an acekard through DX costs only U$12 or ~R$25.

What's expensive in this? I think it may take some while to arrive, but...no way to play it faster, due to the troublesome APs.

Unless you play in an emulator, which hurts badly the purpose of "portable".

12. The_JetSetBeat

The_JetSetBeat Advanced Member

United States
    In terms of a solution provided by the DSTT team themselves, I would say it's clear that's not going to happen. As far as the custom firmware out there, it's more likely, but I'm surprised no one has done so, given the popularity of the game and how much DSTT owners would appreciate a fix. Realize that the CFW coders love having their ego pumped and providing a CFW fix would make them nothing less than heros to the DSTT community. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already! Does that mean it won't happen? No, it's probably a matter of time. Same thing goes for a patch: likely to happen to eventually, but who can say when and really, if anyone IS working on it in the first place? [​IMG]

Given the cost of other flashcards with active official and unofficial firmware releases, I finally said "no point in waiting for something that may or may not happen when it's just ten bucks to fix the problem." I mean, granted, I actually BOUGHT Mario and Luigi (and would have anyway; I just wanted to play it early due to the leak). However, there WILL be games coming out where it's likely that the DSTT is just going to go through this whole thing again where we're waiting for a fix that may or may not happen, yadda yadda ya.

Not worth it. Not when it costs ten bucks for a different card with teams that DO support them with more than fake card killer updates and little else.

--

13. bioterror

bioterror Member
    Newcomer

United States
    could someone please give me the specs for the ez vi so I can play this game on a dsi with 1.4 firmware

thank you

14. magicksun

magicksun GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    alooo boys , i find this in other forum i did't tryied becouse i found this a few minutes ago

soo the users of r4 try it =)

15. magicksun

magicksun GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    i try it , and work the filmware but the game past the save select and......... frozen black scream. well works , past the save select but freze =(

16. Terce

Terce Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Problem is that the hardware isn't the same on the R4 and the R4SDHC cards. Because of the increased size and the different structure of the SDHC cards, there was an upgrade (or change) in the R4 design. That's probably one reason why the old R4 cards are so unsupported now.

But I tried this when it first came out and there were rumors of it working on the R4SDHC, but, it didn't work, and there's been no confirmation of it working on R4SDHC cards.

17. xamyr

xamyr Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    someone managed to run this game on a Supercard DS One??
    None speaks about this card and im starting to think im the only one that cant run this game...

thank you

X.

18. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
  19. ookamiyoh

ookamiyoh Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    A nintendo nao fez esses aplicativos/apetrecho

Maybe the new patch will work for r4. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181...p;#entry2274947
    There is a brazilian team, trying to make fix and updates for the kernel of r4. Try the r4 Brasil communitie on orkut!

20. legaiaflame

legaiaflame Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So has anyone else tried this on an EZ Flash 5 card? And if so what kernel are you using?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Freeze, Mario, Luigi