Man arrested for calling 911 after a mistake in mcdonalds order

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by chrisrlink, Aug 6, 2013.

1. chrisrlink
    OP

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    here was something funny i saw on yahoo news tonight

A man who called 911 to complain about his McDonald’s order ended up going to jail.
    "I went in to order seven McDoubles and one McChicken and one fry,” Lorenzo Riggins told local station WALB-TV. But he says that's not what he walked away with.
    "When I got to my truck and I got ready to leave, I looked in my bag and come to find out I had six McDoubles," the Albany, Ga., resident said. He said he went back into the restaurant to get his other McDouble but didn’t get any satisfaction.
    "She was trying to get an attitude with me, and I said I'm going to call the police," the dissatisfied customer said. And he did, but that's when he got double trouble rather than another McDouble.

Riggins was arrested and charged with violation of the emergency 911 telephone service, according to WALB.
    "I called the police" he said, and thought everything was "cool." "I didn't know I was misusing 911," Riggins said.

Riggins told WALB-TV that all he wanted was respect; the police told WALB-TV that misuing 911 is no joke. The police also took Riggins to jail.

Riggins came away from the experience with a cautionary message:

“I would like to say check your food before you leave, always be careful when you go buy food anywhere you go,” he said.

and another dissatisfied customer XD

2. chrisrlink
    OP

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    "I went in to order seven McDoubles and one McChicken and one fry,” Lorenzo Riggins told local station WALB-TV. But he says that's not what he walked away with. Might I add he must be a fat bastard (no Austin Powers pun intended)

3. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I saw a story similar to this on World's Dumbest. But the guy got arrested because he didn't get mayo on his sub at Subway...

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Let me guess, he's going to sue McDonald's for not giving him the right order.

5. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Holy shit, what a fat ass.
    When 1 or 2 sandwiches are just too mainstream, you get 8 and a single fry. So what's the purpose of the fry? Is he counting his calories and doesn't want to pass his 2800 calorie/meal limit?

GameWinner likes this.
  6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

No, no, no, that's why you get the Diet Coke. Don't want too many calories, tee hee.

GameWinner and Ethevion like this.
  7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada

[​IMG]

I'll have two number 9s... a number 9 large... a number 6 with extra dip... a number 7... two number 45s, one with cheese... and a large soda.

GameWinner and Ethevion like this.