Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
works fine on mame wii on mame 2003 doesn't work fine for me either

@cheloruiz79

Is there any method for convert MAME roms into compatible MAME 0.134u4 roms?
because i have found some links but these are dead.

What tools and dat file are you using, or what method are you using for get MAME games for run on MAME Wii (MAME 0.134u4)?

EDIT: Nevermind, i figured it out.

EDIT 2: I have recompiled MAME Wii 1.0 with some features taken from some other old MAME Wii mods: https://gbatemp.net/threads/mame-wi...rt-via-arguments-for-autolaunch-games.630959/

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: cheloruiz79

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Wiimpathy

So i cloned official Libretro MAME2003+ core for try to add your modifications you made for run MAME2003+ with split cores on the Wii, with updated code.
Everything fine, the core library was compiled successfully after tinkering a bit with the code (the .a file), but when i compile the resulting .dol core file, it throws me:

1681428951888.png

Using devkitPPC r29.

Do you have idea what's causing the issue?

EDIT: My modifications for reference: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/MAME2003-Plus-Libretro-Wii

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Wiimpathy

So i cloned official Libretro MAME2003+ core for try to add your modifications you made for run MAME2003+ with split cores on the Wii, with updated code.
Everything fine, the core library was compiled successfully after tinkering a bit with the code (the .a file), but when i compile the resulting .dol core file, it throws me:

View attachment 364814

Using devkitPPC r29.

EDIT: My modifications for reference: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/MAME2003-Plus-Libretro-Wii
Interesting, will it be able to assign modern playlist when you get splatted cores? which retroarch version are you trying to compile?
Post automatically merged:

F1 Races games
I am proving some games and I have next question about control them

Pole Position (play with Core A 1.7.2. bootleg rom polepos1.zip) and Pole Position II (only load with Core A 1.7.6. polepos2.zip).

Wii Classic controller

Pole Position 1 (1.7.2) can be controlled with right analog stick up for accelerate and R to change gear LO HI config through Mame input menu

Pole Position 2 (1.7.6) can't use right analog stick to accelerate, actually I can't accelerate with any button or reconfigured inputs

I use same configuration file in both option (1.7.2 or 1.7.6) but I don't know which setup flag I need to get this behavior

Others games that have different behavior about analog control are: hang on, super hang on, out run, f1 Grand Prix, f1 Gran Prix 2, Tail 2 Nose. Some I can accelerate but I can't change gear. Maybe if I get works Pole Position 2 with your help I can do with the others. The strange thing is that Pole Position 1 works good for me

Last edited by alfonsovin,

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Wiimpathy

View attachment 364814

Using devkitPPC r29.

The undefined reference to 'driver_helifire' for example indicates that the corresponding CPU name has changed (it seems the case here?) or is missing.

With a quick search between the 2 mame2003 sources, 'helifire' appears in n8080.c in your latest whereas it's 8080bw in the old one.
So I guess, you'd have to modify Makefile.wii and add this : $(CORE_DIR)/drivers/n8080.c

Same idea for all the new games or drivers changes. Adding the CPU/SOUND definition and the driver source for each core.
The bad news is you'll only see the errors when you link the .a files with retroarch, not when you compile them.
Splitting those cores to a working state is quite complicated, lot of drivers are interdependent.

Another problem is the devkit upgrade. I gave up with this: breaking compiling(your nasty wpad error?), introducing strange bugs, and the major issue is each new devkit increase dol size which means less RAM to play with!

Anyway, I wish you good luck with this project.:)

JimiShelta

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Guys. Maybe this is the wrong thread. But it's time for me to stop lurking and give a HUGE THANK YOU to all the folks who've helped me on the software side for my Wii-based arcade cabinet. Yes, I'm talking to you, Wiimpathy, SuperSonic & SaulFabre, and not just you three. It's just amazing what you've teased out of the little Wii. And it's great to see the scene so alive even in 2023. Setting everythin up is huge fun, but so is just PLAYING it, so well does it all run right now. Clever tricks like V-RAM for Last Blade, speed hacks for Mortal Kombat, board-specific MAME emulation and enhanced Retroarch forks really build on the already-excellent foundation of RA, FBA, etc. And there's always more being added. 32X was considered impossible until just recently. Maybe even CPS III will become fluid eventually. As well as a fantastic 'Virtual Console', the Wii is a wonderful 'Virtual Arcade'. And that's simply because of you high-quality people!

My Wii-Arcade Machine project was completed two years ago. I have other projects running concurrently, but this is the one that keeps giving back! Basically, I found an abandoned fruit machine dumped outside and I couldn't resist giving it a good home and a new life. Wii appealed to me because of its excellent CRT support (a must for me) and because of the price too. I expected compromises with emulation, but all my expectations have been exceeded. Loads of help was offered to me with laser-cutting the speaker-holes onto the front bezel, drilling the button-holes on the panel, etc. All the friends and colleagues who helped me on the hardware side are acknowledged in a Wii-native Slide-show (which is all a bit flickery at 480i). But this is my first time to send appreciation to members of the software scene. Thanks Very Much, Guys!

And here's a video of the dual-stick configuration being played! It's not too much trouble to disconnect the relevant Player2 Inputs while linking the Player1 buttons with the Player2 stick. But it is JUST inconvenient enough that I wanted to commemorate it with a video! And these Eugene Jarvis games are not just curiosities; they're some of the best arcade games ever. Alien Syndrome? Mercs? They all NEED a second stick. And, by the way, I've learned that these 8-way games NEED the physical clicks from sticks like these. Geometry Wars are fine with a Dual Shock, but digital games need true digital controls.

Attachments

• 8265783ebae819b54c045ec2c5f7007a.mp4
    34.8 MB
  • 30f50900de2c9e62c2a0d281472ce98a.mp4
    21.9 MB
Last edited by JimiShelta,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Bumping.
Was wondering if there's any plans to update these MAME 2003 Plus cores beyond 1.7.6?
Well, im now collaborating (a bit) with the upcoming split cores of MAME2003+ to be integrated officially to RetroArch Wii. I'm a beta tester right now, but i cant say a date when this gets an updated official MAME2003+ cores on Wii.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, im now collaborating (a bit) with the upcoming split cores of MAME2003+ to be integrated officially to RetroArch Wii. I'm a beta tester right now, but i cant say a date when this gets an updated official MAME2003+ cores on Wii.
Oh really?
That's great news.

It would be really nice to see an update on these cores. I feel they're un-attended.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
are there any R-Type here fans using these cores?

Do you have any tips for the best resolution settings when running it through a CRT? I can;t seem to get rid of the scrolling shimmer and artefacts.

The arcade runs at 256p which is about the only p the Wii doesn't output!

Thanks for the Cores!

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bumping because I've encountered something strange for me.
So, using latest MAME2003+ cores (v0.4) the Menu won't accept a Custom Theme made with this tone of blue as background: "00xFF44AAFF"
solid_blue.png

BUT newer cores has no problem showing the Custom Theme.
Does anyone know what can I do to fix this?
Because MAME2003+ has no problem with this graded picture:
blue_1.png

Of course there's a terrible banding... but still.

fabiobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cool! Please let us know when it's going to be live since V4 cores are quite unusable due to the d-pad issues (they doesn't work) so it would be cool to have something more up to date!

• Haha
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cool! Please let us know when it's going to be live since V4 cores are quite unusable due to the d-pad issues (they doesn't work) so it would be cool to have something more up to date!
Lol. D-Pad totally works in v0.4.

It's you not knowingly how to enable them.
Open the Core's Options and choose Input -> Digital.

josepijolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I need help. If I run core E from Homebrew Channel, I can play games like Simpsons, Sunset Riders or Ventdetta but when I try to load these games from wiiflow it returns to the home screen. I am forced to load these games from the Core E2. From what I see, core E has access to the Dip Switches from the menu options but in core E2 this option does not exist. Does anyone have the solution?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I need help. If I run core E from Homebrew Channel, I can play games like Simpsons, Sunset Riders or Ventdetta but when I try to load these games from wiiflow it returns to the home screen. I am forced to load these games from the Core E2. From what I see, core E has access to the Dip Switches from the menu options but in core E2 this option does not exist. Does anyone have the solution?
For WiiFlow/Single ROM Loaders, some games just doesn't work when loaded from them.
Try using Final Burn Alpha or ask the developers of MAME2003+ Libretro for make a specific test build for The Simpsons game.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyone here has been able to load:

Tetris Plus
Heated Barrel
Twinbee Yahoo!
Gals Panic 4
Raiden 2 (this one loads fine but the game is stuck at diagnostics screen)
Post automatically merged:

Something strange happened.
Found that Twinbee Yahoo got released for PS1 as "Detana Twinbee Yahoo Deluxe Pack" but got curious to see if tbyahoo.zip could ve loaded with an Alt_core.

Downloaded Alt_cores, set-up the .info files in order to make them usable.
tbyahoo.zip still won't load with Alt_cores...

BUT bubmem.zip stopped working altogether, I swear I loaded it fine a week ago while testing. But now it won't. Multiple bubmem.zip from different sources aren't working either.

But strangest part is, that I could load raiden2.zip with non Alt_core and tetrisplus.zip with Alt_core.

raiden2.zip can be loaded if you enable MAME Menu, and mess with the memory banks. But it loads a garbled game with no sound.
Whilst tetrisplus.zip is loaded normally with Alt_coreG, but the sound is funky.

Last edited by JuanMena,

RobertoArreola

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dear Wiimpathy, I am writing to comment that the forwarder (wad) cannot be created correctly in the hatariwii emulator. Can you correct the error that is generated when entering the hatariwii forwarder? I look forward to your valuable response. Greetings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock