Homebrew Mame 2003 Plus

IGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
First go to SETTINGS and then INPUT and set the Maximum Inputs to 4.
Then, load the core you want (MAME and TMNT) and open the menu, go to Quick Menu -> Controls -> Hotkey Bins for Player 1 and set yout inputs. Do the same for the rest of the other Players.

- when i plug one of GC controller , controls on wiimote is dissapearing at this moment - if i start do it in Quick menu i lost control at all, if do it in game the first player becam bad configured gc controller.
So i totally can't set control with connected gc controller at this core

( when i disconnect GC controller, the control is returning at wiimote with classic controller...
Even more, i can't do anything in starting menu - choose core\ rom, enter in quick menu or all other just with only wiimote without classic game controller)

Last edited by IGA,
Reactions: rogerioronin

lowbred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you Wiimpathy! These cores are great. I'm having an issue, when starting a game manually or via playlist, after unloading the game the Playlist tab is missing. When I load an official core the Playlist tab reappears. I tried the load dummy core on core shutdown option but no go. Is there a fix for this?

IGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Does retroarch\mame cores support third-party usb-gamepads, like in nintendont? ( which allow to play by usb gamepads in GC games)

Last edited by IGA,

Dcep1501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused with the files you've uploaded for MAME 2003. Do I need to use this through Retroarch? And can I use this by itself like any other stand-alone MAME on the Wii. Right now I have MAME .134u4 I think, (really old, I know). What is the source code file for? Customizing MAME 2003?

Edit: Solved BUT I have a follow-up question...

I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to get the GC Logitech wheel to work with racing games in MAME 2003 with Retroach, but i can't find that info anymore. Does anyone know how to do this?

Last edited by Dcep1501,

Ericsonanzois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, friends. Im looking to play Columns II: The Voyage Through Time, but i dont know if Mame2003 plus run the core (Sega System C) and i dont know where i can find the core for Mame2003 (i already have the emulator in my sd card installed) or retroarch. Somebody could give a support about this?

Ericsonanzois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update: i did download of core: mame2003_segac2_libretro.dol (I guess that is correct core for Columns II) for retroarch but dont worked. Retroarch ask me about MAME 2000 core. What im missing?

IGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello)
Could somebody recommend some forwarder channel for retroarch?
I use one (which on screenshots), but often after i change the cores (Mame_core_A, B,C,D,A2,B2,C2....) and exit emulator, then, after launch from wii menu i've got black screen and stuck. And cure it by reset only.

So, I'm forced to use the Wii explorer and choose already there core's I need

Attachments

• w803dCrgKTA.jpg
    w803dCrgKTA.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 218
  • S_HPBDVovGw.jpg
    S_HPBDVovGw.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 218

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Wiimpathy
Hello there.
I know you must be busy at the time, but abusing from your kindness, maybe you could help me out here. EDIT: Im not asking you to "hey fix it" but I'm trying to understand what might be causing this.
I'll try to be brief:

I've tried to update my RetroArch version (from 1.9.1 to current version 1.9.14) and it works nice, as long as I don't use these MAME2003plus cores.
I'm testing and I've found that going inside the info folder in apps->retroarch-wii->info, making a copy of mame2003_plus_libretro.info file and renaming it to: mame2003_plus_coreA_libretro.info allows me to load the mame2003_plus_coreA-wii.core as first loading the content and then choosing the core.

So I made another info file copy for the other cores, and it works with coreB, but it won't work with the others, I mean, that RetroArch won't load the cores C through G.
I've also tested renaming the cores and the info files into something else, but RetroArch won't find the cores nor the info files.

Do you have any idea of what's happening here?

More info:
Retroarch 1.9.1 and prior allows me to use renamed cores, and still be detectable by RetroArch->Load Core.
So, I used to have this setup where I could rename the cores and load a core and then the content/rom:
Captura.PNG

But with newer versions of RetroArch, renamed cores won't be detected by RetroArch at all.
It is a "problem" because, for instance, I can't update the mame2000 core to a newer one with old renamed cores because if I load a renamed core (with newer RetroArch versions) and then the content of said core, RetroArch won't find the renamed core.

Basically, "old" mame2003plus cores can't coexist with newer versions of Retroarch.

Edit: Solved!

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This info file system doesn't go well with custom dols. And you have complicated names here.
As you may know when you update retroarch, you must start with a clean install. Old configs often introduce bugs.

It should only be a matter of renaming the info files correctly. Be careful with hyphens and underscores. I had this issue with dols renamed(mame2003-plus vs mame2003_plus).
Apparently, the official info name is dol name minus _wii.
mame2000_libretro_wii.dol -> mame2000_libretro.info

In your case, first try :
MAME2003-F (ATARI).dol -> MAME2003-F (ATARI).info

If that doesn't work, try to replace spaces with underscore in both dol and info:
MAME2003-F_(ATARI).dol -> MAME2003-F_(ATARI).info

Again, if you still have some old retroarch history, playlist that won't work. There's the corename value that may be used but not sure of this.
Maybe try with names without special characters first (no parenthesis) to check it's only a naming issue.
Yeah, this feature could be annoying.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Replying to @Wiimpathy
Yes, I akways do Clean Installs. I delete everything before installing new versions.
About the renaming thing, it kind of did.

I didn't thought about not using special characters. So I did what you suggested about renaming INFO and DOL files... and it worked with Core A and G but not with the others.

I think what's happening here is that RetroArch can't understand why there's so many MAME2003 INFO or CORE files at once. So it saves two (the first two I choose to load, discarding the rest)
But that works just once. When I close RetroArch, load it again and try again, it stops working.

It's kind of annoying, but I'm going back to RetroArch 1.9.1, which hasn't given me any troubles.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used 1.9.2 for a few WFL emulator plugins and they work properly after HEX editing. I also tried other RA versions up to 1.9.14 and get the same results as you @JuanMena. Something has changed/broken in the .dol structure I think to use this method.

• Wow
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Wiimpathy @RunningSnakes
I think I've found a solution...

I've copied the mame2003_plus.info file, and renamed it to MAME2003-A.info. Then I opened the file with a text editor and modified the "Display Name" to the exact name of the renamed core.
Like so:
Captura de pantalla (18).png

Did the same with all the remaining cores, and now RetroArch is able to detect the renamed cores.
IMG_20211215_172910_709.jpg

BUT @RunningSnakes have in mind that I'm on 1.9.10
I did the same test with 1.9.14 / 1.9.13 / 1.9.12 / 1.9.11 and neither worked for me.

So if you want to try what I did, let me know the outcome of your tests.

I don't have fucking idea of why this is happening, nor what I fucking did (other than what I've explained) but this is was a pain in the ass to figure out.

Last edited by JuanMena,

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello.
I can finally confirm that the issue was the INFO files renaming thing.

I have finally made it work.

A few notes about it:

MAME2003 cores v0.2: Works perfectly.
MAME2003 cores v0.3: It works, but hangs at CLOSE CONTENT
MAME2003 cores v0.4: It works, but DPAD isn't recognized at all.
Further testing, showed me that MAME2003 v0.2 has compatibility issues with some roms.
Also, MAME2003 v0.4 works perfectly fine.

NEOGEO v0.6: Doesn't work.
NEOGEO v.0.5: Doesn't work.
NEOGEO "FBA-VM_TEST1M_OLDRETRO": Works perfectly.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
RetroArch 1.9.10 and above has the option to use a FULL scaling in Settings-> Video-> Aspect Ratio
If you set the Aspect Ratio to FULL, OLD CORES WON'T HAVE ANY VIDEO SIGNAL. They still work, but won't be visible.
So I'd suggest anyone seeing this to use a CUSTOM Aspect Ratio instead of a FULL aspect ratio.
RetroArch 1.9.14: It has some errors here and there.
For instance the MAME2010 core doesn't work at all.
Also, RetroArch 1.9.1 and above has GRAINY SOUND with SNES cores.

RetroArch 1.9.10: This is where I got MAME2010. It works perfectly.

RetroArch 1.9.0: The SNES cores doesn't has sound issues at all!

So, I'm using a mix of these versions. I've renamed properly the INFO files and everything's working correctly for now.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over