Can't Reproduce Malware in the Chatroom

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Lakum, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Lakum
    OP

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    When I tried to use GBAtemp chat my Microsoft Security Essentials blocked site recoverscables.morningstarinspirations.com and deleted two viruses BrowserModifier:Win32 and Exploit:JS/Anogre

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
  3. Lakum
    OP

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    Try typing something in the chatroom textbar at the bottom and pressing enter.

4. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Just tried it myself and I'm not getting any warning messages at all from my antivirus (ESET Nod32). Are you sure the malware isn't coming from your own computer rather than Mibbit?

5. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Malwarebytes... get it...

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Odds are there's malware on your end and is redirecting your browser to malicious sites.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    This.

Uninstall & reinstall any browser extensions and do a complete computer virus scan. I have Malwarebytes and I'm not getting anything.

8. vahnx

vahnx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2012
    Canada
    In terms of A/V all of them are pretty much identical when it comes to definitions. By the time one company updates its definitions, the others follow suit. Switching A/V for the most part is pointless. I'd stick with MSE, I have it setup at my workplace and I install it on all client machines. One of the benefits MSE would have over others is Microsoft knows how to integrate software into their OS better than any competitor, so it would have minimal performance impact.

Margen67 likes this.
  9. Lakum
    OP

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    This is strange because I've Malwarebytes and Avast Free too and they don't detect anything also I do not have any problems with redirections. In the GBATemp Chatroom was the first time it happened.

10. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    your computer could be infected with malware that sneaks into your web browser plugins or extensions.
    I can guarantee you that our shoutbox is perfectly safe.

Margen67 likes this.