Can't Reproduce Malware in the Chatroom

Lakum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
When I tried to use GBAtemp chat my Microsoft Security Essentials blocked site recoverscables.morningstarinspirations.com and deleted two viruses BrowserModifier:Win32 and Exploit:JS/Anogre

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Lakum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm assuming you mean this page: https://gbatemp.net/dynamic/gbatemp-web-chatroom.93/ ?

I'm not getting any malware notifications. Nor does this.

If MSE is the only antivirus you have installed, I recommend you to install a better one. MSE has been last for over a year now.
http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-7/december-2014/
http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/manufacturer/microsoft/
Try typing something in the chatroom textbar at the bottom and pressing enter.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Try typing something in the chatroom textbar at the bottom and pressing enter.
Just tried it myself and I'm not getting any warning messages at all from my antivirus (ESET Nod32). Are you sure the malware isn't coming from your own computer rather than Mibbit?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried to use GBAtemp chat my Microsoft Security Essentials blocked site recoverscables.morningstarinspirations.com and deleted two viruses BrowserModifier:Win32 and Exploit:JS/Anogre

Odds are there's malware on your end and is redirecting your browser to malicious sites.

Reactions: Margen67

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In terms of A/V all of them are pretty much identical when it comes to definitions. By the time one company updates its definitions, the others follow suit. Switching A/V for the most part is pointless. I'd stick with MSE, I have it setup at my workplace and I install it on all client machines. One of the benefits MSE would have over others is Microsoft knows how to integrate software into their OS better than any competitor, so it would have minimal performance impact.

Lakum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Odds are there's malware on your end and is redirecting your browser to malicious sites.
This is strange because I've Malwarebytes and Avast Free too and they don't detect anything also I do not have any problems with redirections. In the GBATemp Chatroom was the first time it happened.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
your computer could be infected with malware that sneaks into your web browser plugins or extensions.
I can guarantee you that our shoutbox is perfectly safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: From what pewsay pvp isn't even worth it