India
Antoligy said:
Jerme said:
been to the website, game looks ok, what are you making it with
www.flashvortex.com - free banner, NOT EVERYONE LIKES CRAPPY FLASH BANNERS
www.bravenet.com - everything else.

BASICLY.

Game is a modified demo, it will fail
Site is a modified template. It has failed.

Man just cause i didnt agree to hosting this game on your "Great" website doesnt mean you dis our website, i Think Doctorluigi did a great job, maybe when the game is made great Doctor luigi and i might upgrade it..

Thanks

And aBout the problem...

Well Bassacegold isnt replying but i am sure Eldude will help me...

----The problem---
I have added jumping action in the BETA , and that uses fixed point maths,and us cant not use Assign collision map just like that with fixed point math as it dosent work, so you have to come up with your own way,(ie make your own actions etc) and right now i am not that experienced but eldude is and he has made one and i saw his action and explanation and i get all of it except some Global varibles which i need to ask him how i can use thos global variables for my sprite...to assign the collision map..

He hasnt loged on yet but i am sure as soon as he does, he will help me..!

Thanks..i have made everything ready so as soon as i get that part i will add that and release!(Finaly)lol

thanks,and i have got great things planned for the 0.1 version(i will add a lot of "touch")

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
too many quotes so i have to make this 2 posts...

VISHI SO FISHI said:
Noitora said:
Isn't making a collision map ridiculously easy?

[Collision map]

[Level]

It seems really easy to me...
light green= solid ground
Dark green= jump-through platforms

ya its quite easy, that one is from palib aye?

Collision for a game like NSMB is not so easy, but basically yes. Like I said there are slopes, and even Mario World has different kinds of collision.

It's not a huge hurdle, but it's one of those things that separates the good programmers. If only doing collision was as easy and whipping up a map in photoshop. Unfortunately there's also programming.

Noitora said:
Are you a game hacker, Heran Bago? I'd love to see some of your work.

I'm just an old ROM hacker. You can see some the well-known ones here. Namely the first hack of a Sega 32x game, genesis first music hack outside like 2 Sonic games.
The Sonic Advance 3 hack I did was one of the most advanced GBA hacks out at the time, because the other people with the skills didn't care and the only other hacks out were like FFIV de-censor and Metroid ZM crocomire. Got a lot of shit for that hack though because it's done in the style of "traditional" ROM hacks (e.g. turn Mario into a dick) even if it is very thorough. People did not like the fact that the best GBA hack wasn't super serious.

VISHI
4mb!
I haven't seen a demo yet so I'm not going to tell you how to do your job. I was going to look at the demo before making suggestions. Basically though VISHI has the right idea, you can externalize stuff to FAT.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
...continuing...

VISHI SO FISHI said:
Antoligy said:
Don't respond to "troll" posts like this VISHI. You'll just waste all your time talking to people who think the game suck rather than making the game.

VISHI
----The problem---
I have added jumping action in the BETA , and that uses fixed point maths,and us cant not use Assign collision map just like that with fixed point math as it dosent work, so you have to come up with your own way,(ie make your own actions etc) and right now i am not that experienced but eldude is and he has made one and i saw his action and explanation and i get all of it except some Global varibles which i need to ask him how i can use thos global variables for my sprite...to assign the collision map..
This is what I was talking about earlier. I don't have confidence in a project where the lead programmer can't program a collision map with slope.

VISHI SO FISHY, do you plan on releasing a beta or a tech demo? Do you understand the difference?

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Heran Bago said:
...continuing...

VISHI SO FISHI said:
Antoligy said:
Don't respond to "troll" posts like this VISHI. You'll just waste all your time talking to people who think the game suck rather than making the game.

VISHI
----The problem---
This is what I was talking about earlier. I don't have confidence in a project where the lead programmer can't program a collision map with slope.

VISHI SO FISHY, do you plan on releasing a beta or a tech demo? Do you understand the difference?

Ok thanks i wont reply to the people who "troll"

I am very confident about our project and i will go to any means to finish this, The reason i couldnt understand that part was cause its a action that Eldude himself made ..so that is why i needed some explanation..

More of a mixture really but as soon as this beta/tchdemo is released,i will have nice platform to work from and updates will be quick..
And btw i love your hacking work

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Heran Bago, I guess you aren't on his ignore list.....I really started to think that he can't see your posts..

OK, I hope you'll get things straight VISHI, and managed to release that demo/tryout/whatever you want to call it, tomorrow!

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phew...just read the whole 29 pages. Most of this thread is very, very, amusing. Sucks to see Brian left the project as his menu, in my opinion, looked like the better one(absolutely no offense to rowanchomp as yours looks good also, it's just Brians looked a bit "cleaner").

Anyways, I think this is a great idea. I really hope you pull it off VISHI. Can't wait for a demo to see how things are going. By the way, if Heran Bago offers any kind of assistance in the future(or helpful suggestion after seeing a demo), then make sure to take it.

Good luck!

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Noitora said:
Are you really going to release the demo today?

Yep..Working my ass offf..lol
Wow, finally, that's really cool!!!
I want it
biggrin.gif

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
yay vishi how long will it be roughly im wont be on internets until sunday
frown.gif
im leaving soon
p.s. is it 14:30 if so will the demo be done in 30 mins or more?

lots of ppl watching this thread

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
use new guys menus they look much better

one thing though use different pics in the boxes

but still amazing for a couple of mins

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
xcdjy said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, since it's a Mario game, I'm guessing, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi or Princess Peach.....Just choose three characters!

Mario, Luigi, Bowser. Sounds good to me
biggrin.gif

How did you change your thing where it says 'the MOST radioactive GBAtemp member.....' ?
biggrin.gif
You have to have 500posts
wink.gif

Ontopic: Looking forward to your demo!

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Ok, i will but i will have to re-program it and its 11oclock here and i am done everything but when i play the game on the emulator,everything works perfectly (compiles properly too) but when i go on the actual game from the menu, it comes up with this error...

rb05ea.jpg

AS to reprogram the menu and fix this problem is going to take a while...

And i have a cricket game tomarow 7am in the morning...

i am still going to try to fix this till around 30more mins..and if i can then i will release on the website..

any question ask..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: 💡 This will work [un 🔌 🖥️ ] :tpi::rofl2::tpi: