Making my own releases for the Temp...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by MarcusRaven, Oct 27, 2010.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    If I dump a game that no release group has done before, how would I make it to where the Temp would log it? I will not provide links (even if the dump was ready), and I will not advertise what it is. I'm just curious about how to go about releasing it.

2. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    I believe its not, but who ever knows! Try to join a release group!

3. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    I could be wrong, but I do believe that the temp only logs clean dumps. Not sure if they would log yours, but try asking one of the Mag staff. I would suggest someone who does a bit of the releases. I would check out the releases section and send luke_c or Granville a P.M.

4. smash_brew

smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    you'd either have to start your own release group, which is harder then it sounds, or join a group that is already established. gbatemp only lists scene releases. you should read up on scene rules and standards.

5. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    would one of those games happen to be rock band 3 ntsc? because there is no release yet [​IMG]

6. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Please do this, the release groups are missing a LOT of minor titles! I know that Just-In-Time Translations was almost a year late to the scene!

7. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    Well, I just signed up for GameFly, and I have a WODE, so all my rips would be 1:1 clean. When I actually do it, I'll PM a Mag poster for information. Probably going to do a combo of torrent and MU uploads. (Not here, of course. That would just be stupid. [​IMG])