Making a Windows 7 bootable USB drive

earlynovfan

Delusional
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to make a bootable USB drive and I've gotten the process down and I'm nearly positive that I've done everything correctly, but whenever I access my BIOS and change the startup to USB, it always just loads back into Windows 8.

My laptop is an ASUS ROG (Using Windows 8.1)
The Flashdrive I'm using is a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 32gb.

I've heard that using Windows Loader by Daz doesn't quite work with my flashdrive, so I tried using Rufus but I still get the same results.

~Cheers :)

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok what..... The loader by daz is a way to get round the activation part of windows, not to stick it on a USB.
What you need to do is use Windows USB tool or unetbootin to actually put the iso onto a usb

earlynovfan

Delusional
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, that's what I meant. I had a folder of tools, but yeah, the Windows one is what I meant. The Windows USB tool is the one that doesn't recognize a Sandisk Cruzer.

I mounted an iso and it restarted but I got an error saying the image must have been damaged.

So I'm back to 8.1 for now. I'll have to try again in the next few days.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, that's what I meant. I had a folder of tools, but yeah, the Windows one is what I meant. The Windows USB tool is the one that doesn't recognize a Sandisk Cruzer.

I mounted an iso and it restarted but I got an error saying the image must have been damaged.

So I'm back to 8.1 for now. I'll have to try again in the next few days.

I would use unetbootin, Windows USB tool is good for the 1:1 isos but if the iso has been modified at all it can have issues. Either use unetbootin or try a multi USB program like yumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    before you ask: i do have hbmenu.nro on the root
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then i would reinstall fresh Atmosphere files on your sd card, backup Atmosphere folder on Pc, then delete Atmos folder, and copy new- https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    done that like 2 mins ago
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you copy the new hbmenu.nro from Atmosphere github also
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you reboot after copying those files
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    the weird thing is that the tinfoil forwarder works fine. the hbmenu one doesnt same for cracked games
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    if i run a nro from tinfoils crashes the console
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    hollup smth changed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Try backing up, then removing Tinfoil files. Sounds like it is conflicting with Atmosphere
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i can run cracked games now but forwarded still crashes
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    backing up what?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't like or use Tinfoil, so not sure about it. I mean backup your Tinfoil files/folder on Pc, then delete off sd card.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    NOPE
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He does wear tinfoil hats
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    wtf am i doing wrong :|
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wouldn't hurt to after you delete those tinfoil files, then copy new Atmosphere files, including the hbmenu.nro
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    aaaaaaaaaand u know the answer.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No way you did all that and rebooted already
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i did.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i were already on hekate with the tool open and already had the files of athmosphere downloaded 20 mins ago.
    LNLenost @ LNLenost: i were already on hekate with the tool open and already had the files of athmosphere downloaded...